I'm 200 Ibs and close to 6'1 my lifts for 3x5 are

I'm 200 Ibs and close to 6'1 my lifts for 3x5 are

Squat: 2 plaet
Deadlift: 2 plaet
Bench: 175 Ibs
OHP: 110 Ibs
Barbell Row: 120 Ibs

I am trying to cut down to 160-170 before the end of this year. Would I be better off doing a 3x a week full body lifting routine (Probably Greyskull LP) or should I do a 3x a week bodyweight training program? I'd be eating the same diet/doing the same cardio on off days regardless of what I choose, if that matters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zsekqge84ZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lift

You weak af for your weight man, if u natty... get more strength so u have more muscle to cut down and see.. 225lb minimum bench if you're that big my dude

>Making the image more interesting than he thread

Classic blunder

Do you have source on the image?

It's from some Eastern European air show, that's all I know offhand.

I'd rather cut to skele mode than gain more weight now and cut later. I'm tired of being fat. But yes, I know my lifts are weak as fuck.

Why?

>squat and dead 2 pl8

LAD

youtube.com/watch?v=zsekqge84ZU

Is 2plate squat really that shit?

I'm 6'1" 200 lbs and my squat is only 1pl8. Only 3 weeks into lifting though and squat has been increasing bretty fast for eating at a deficit.

Yea it'll go up quick. I was adding 20ibs a week for a while

your proportions are off that's for sure. you should be at a 3pl8 deadlift

Yea, I think I just need to focus on Dlift more. I haven't really trained it that muh. But I'm seriously looking for some info on lifting vs bodyweight for cutting weight. I feel like bodyweight would get me to my desired weight faster, and I wouldn't mind having to bulk longer in return.

Also, I'd plan to do a 6 day PPL after I cut down to my goal weight.

Your squat is passable but everything else is shit

I'm same height, weigh 40lbs less, and all my lifts are better after 4 months of lifting

Yes I know my lifts are terrible, what I need help with is deciding how I go about losing weight before I actually commit to a 6 day program and bulk.

bump

> wants to do a 6 day program
> with lifts like that

My friend im not trying to make fun of you here but you have no business whatsoever doing a 6 day program without the condition and strength base to support it. 6 day programs such as push pull legs are only good for late intermediate or advanced lifters. With a 175 pound bench and a 120 pound row you would get jack shit out of it.

That is, when you refer to a 6 day program, I'm assuming you mean push pull legs.
If youre referring to a bro split you're wayyyy off the mark. Split routines are the worst programs for natural by far. They are only good for steroid users or elite level naturals.

I meant PPL, and I wouldn't plan on starting it till next year. I'm just wondering if I should cut down to 160 with bodyweight or with lifting.

I'm guessing that doing Greyskull would give me a better foundation? But my Uni's Gym is closed and I'm not sure if I can afford a membership at a private one.

As far as losing weight goes, cut your daily calories down by 100-200. You want high carbs, moderate protein, low fat. Do it very slowly. One day a week do a refeed.

I eat mod carb, high protein, mod fat, at a 500ish deficit, what's wrong with that?

And yes you'll want to lift to lose the weight 100%
Bodyweight sucks for maintaining strength

Okay, so if I do intermittent fasting, lift/light cardio 3 times a week and eat clean, will I be able to have a decent base by January to switch to PPL?

500 is way too big of a defecit. Max I would do is 300. If you want to maintain or build strength you have to lose weight slowly.

"High protein" diets are never a good idea and are extremely inefficent and also unhealthy. Your body doesnt use protein for energy, it uses primarily carbs and secondarily fats. Eat your necessary amount of protein (0.8g per pound of bodyweight) and never exceed it
When you're losing fat and want to retain muscle you need as much energy and glycogen in your muscles as you can get to keep your strength. Carbs are the best source of fuel for them, so it make sense that they would make up most of your diet.

Essentially, find out your required amount of fat and protein, and let carbs make up the rest of it.

To be perfectly honest, PPL is also very inneficent compared to fullbody, for all experience levels. I'd reccomend 5/3/1 instead but youre free to do whatever program you like.
And yeah if you do everything properly and don't get carried away with the caloric defecit, you could definitely get 1/2/3/4 by January

Why is PPL inefficient? It seems like everybody on Veeky Forums recommends it, you're honestly the first person I've really seen shitting on it.
And do you mean that I should start 5/3/1 in January after I have/am close to 4/3/2/1?

I'm also curious about some things you mentioned in I only eat 160-180g of protein a day, so I'm good in that regard. But I'm wondering why you say 500 is too much. It's what I see recommended here all the time. And how many carbs should I be getting? I try to shoot for 150-200ish a day.

>Why is PPL inefficient? It seems like everybody on Veeky Forums recommends it, you're honestly the first person I've really seen shitting on it.

With PPL you're in the gym 6 days a week, only to hit each muscle group twice a week. With proper fullbody training you can hit everything three times a week in half the trips to the gym. Use a fullbody Heavy/medium/Light set up

> only eat 160-180g of protein a day, so I'm good in that regard. But I'm wondering why you say 500 is too much. It's what I see recommended here all the time.

500 can work in some instances. For you tho it would benefit you to lose weight slower with a 100-300 defecit because you're trying to gain strength too.

> And how many carbs should I be getting? I try to shoot for 150-200ish a day.

You'll need to calculate it. I dont know your activity level. Like i said, eat only the required amount of fat and protein and get the rest of your calories from carbs

Alright, thanks. Any TDEE calculators you recommend?

And I guess my last question is, how fast do you think I could lose the weight if I went to a 1-3 hundred calorie deficit?

Oh yeah, and most people dont realize lifting 6 days back to back every week wrecks havoc on your joints. Heavy pressing on your PUSH and then doing chin ups or lat pulldowns the next day for PULL will overtime negatively effect your joints due to overuse and can lead to injury.
also fundementally it doesn't make sense, why would you separate legs from back? You're going to do deadlifts and rows and then squat the next day? Your lower will hate you I can promise that

>he's too soft to do legs every day or lift 6 days a week
lmao what a faggot