What should I do about my diet?

What should I do about my diet?

>be on a 500cal cut for 15 weeks
>also going to crossfit
>lost 90 pounds
>still fat as fuck
>starting next week I will be supplementing the crossfit with a lifting routine
>the whole point of lifting is to build more muscle mass

Should I up my calories to maintenance? Or keep them where they are? Whenever I calculate my TDEE I don't figure in workouts so I am probably more realistically eating at around a 750cal deficit. I feel like this much of a deficit will make it impossible to build muscle, but at the same time I am still a fat ass and I do need to lose weight.

>wat do

Eat less fat fuck

Why are your arms so long? They're almost the size of your entire body.

How many press ups can you do?

Calvin Klinefelters
Better hop on that TRT mlady

I have really long limbs. My wingspan is 4 inches greater than my height.

Your posture is shit. Dollars to donuts your form will be shit and crossfire will put you in a world of hurt.

Ditch that shit for yoga and lifting.

finish your cut, you need to get unfat first

If you lost 90lb on your current deficit then it's unlikely you need to eat more at your current weight. Adjust macros for more protein if you want but your diet is working so don't fuck with it for no reason. You need probably 20lb more off to see your abs so keep it up user

Yea another 20 pounds off is my goal.

I already am flabby as fuck, I am worried if I just finish my cut I will be the embodiment of skinnyfat

I assume that's a push-up? 52 in a row.

I thought it was normal to have a longer wingspan.

Stay on the 500 deficit but with more protein.
During CF workouts be extra careful, especially during AMRAP. Always watch your form, if it starts going shit just take a moment.
I'd suggest to go for olympic wl instead of regular gymfuck since you are doing CF, but owl won't be easy with those proportions. Just don't give up

better to be a skeleton than a skeleton with bitch tits, finish your cut

>better to be a skeleton

Spotted the skeleton.

Oly weightlifting doesn't really add muscle mass like bodybuilding lifting does. OP stated he's basically trying to look better so trying to perfect snatch is stupid when he could just be doing preacher curls to get aesthetics's.

Your midsection looks a bit like Tyrion

not a skeleton, just a recovering fatty

bulking when you are already above 20% is the worst thing you can do, priority should be to get unfat ASAP

OP didn't mention bulking though, he just said eat at maintenance.

This makes more sense to me than trying to gain muscle on a 750cal deficit which he said he probably has since you could build muscle at maintenance and get rid of the fat.

eating at maintenance will also keep him fat much longer than just knuckling down and finishing his cut, and in his severely untrained state he can probably make some meager gains even on a 750 calorie deficit

Get a haircut. Eat less but eat better. Quit Crossfit. Heavy compound lifts and lots of sleep.

Why would he quit something if it's working?

Stick with the cut till you lose the gut, even if you don't build much muscle you'll at least be able to get the form down for the lifts. You look like complete shit currently. Make sure you're getting .8-1g protein per lb.

Because crosshit is just that. shit.

>t. Someone whose never done crossfit

not bad, post back

>22 replies in
>no one suggested suicide yet
This place isn't what it used to be anymore

Anyways, kys Calvin klinefelter

That's way too much protein

>Spotted the skeleton
No, he's right. Once you are skelly you can bulk and gain muscle without problems.
t. Skinnyfat

forget diet. get a short haircut. watch how much more people respect you for it

But being skinnyfat is worse than just being fat. It's the worst of both worlds.

Fucking beastmode.

Man-buns are in you faggot.

Are you Chris-chan?

mirin

Only for faggots.

you look like you take it up the ass.

Get your hip parallel to the ground to look like someone who fucks

dont ever post your disgusting body here again until you diet and exercise. count your calories and lift and dont post again for 1 year.

>look mom I'm edgy!

height and weight?

By far the worst physique ever posted here.

Height and body weight.
I'll help you out.

6'2

212 pounds

Kek, at least he isn't round.

Your BMR is (roughly) 2,144 calories/day. You should be aiming to eat around 2,500 calories/day, with these being your macro goals
Protein - 825 calories (206g)
Carbs - 1175 calories (293g)
Fat - 500 calories (55-56g)
Give this range a minimum of 6 months, as it will be more of a body re composition.

Fix your posture.
Your spine is kyphotic, which leads to your shoulders rounding forward. This is due to your back being very weak, and is a big contributing factor to you looking like a beta.
You have no V taper, this ties into my first point, you need to do a lot of back work. Rows (BB&DB), Deadlift, Rack Pull, Seated Row. Doing things like facepulls, and rear delt flies will also be essential. Heavy OHP is also a great exercise for all the heads of the shoulder muscle.

>OHP is a great exercise for all the heads of the shoulder muscle

it's a great exercise for front delts (and so is any other pressing variant), very mediocre for lateral delts, and a non-factor for rear delts

No, normally the wingspan is equal to height (slight differences may occur tho)

>telling OP to eat more

Hes fucking fat, he needs to eat less.

Uh my wingspan is close to seven feet but I'm only 6'5, does this mean I'm snownigger mode?

means you should probably start training MMA

Holy shit that dude looks like an Auschwitz survivor why doesn't the little guy just fucking grab him?

Saying that OHP is a non-factor for rear deltoid use is wrong. However, neglecting rear deltoid work would be detrimental.
I'm only slightly disagreeing with you.
>Not understanding what a BMR is
Leave my Veeky Forums pls

>Said OPs BMR is 2150ish
>tells him to eat over 2150

Thats going to make him fat

No, it's not. You have no idea what you are talking about.

rear delts are not used to any significant extent in the OHP, so saying OHP is a great exercise for all heads of the shoulder is just false advertising

it's a front delt exercise with some minor lateral delt involvement

Explain then, maybe I have been eating wrong my whole life.

Again, you're wrong. There is a large amount of posterior deltoid usage during the concentric phase of the OHP.
Why argue?
BMR is Basal Metabolic Rate. This is the amount that your body will burn, regardless of physical activity. If his BMR is 2150-ish, and he eats 2500/day, then he should still be eating less than his TDEE. This is given that he has regular workouts, that plan some sort of slow progression. If this is all followed, then he should slowly recomp.

You know you're supposed to stand straight up and not lean back right? Are you cheating on your OHPs user, because that's the only way your front delts should be activated during the second and third parts of the motion.

nobody with any lifting experience whatsoever or any idea what they're talking about counts overhead pressing work toward rear delt volume

full stop, the OHP involves rear delts to an absolutely fucking minimal extent and implying that OHP is "a great exercise for all the heads of the shoulder muscle" is just flat out false advertising

if you're some DYEL weeb who saves animu girls, don't give advice here

what the fuck are you even talking about

front delt is involved until the upper arm is vertical, the reason you aren't feeling it later on in the motion is because the effective moment arm between the weight and your front delt is smaller towards the top and largest right when the bar is at about nose-eye level

Man don't get to down. Losing that much weight is a massive achievement if you can keep it up. Your ability to pull has improved exponentially, think about how much better you look with clothes on.

Lose another 30 - 50lbs (I don't know your height) and you will look good.

what are you fucking talking about, you realize fats don't have any muscle right. if they had a significant amount of muscle they would be strongfat. Skinny fat just means you look healthy with clothes on and have a good BMI, but that is only because you have no muscle.

For the last time, you're 100% wrong. Posting a picture from Exrx isn't going to prove anything.

The posterior deltoid is used during the concentric phase of the OHP. Disagreeing only proves that you don't know a thing about muscle movements, and their uses.

Post body fag, you probably look like shit.

How can people be this fat and not realize they need to cut?

>52 in a row
>looks like that

like fuck

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Less carbs
dedication
good work user keep going

You do realize lanky people have stealth strength? OP has the body of a lanky person just a fat gut.

52 pushups in a row is something a 100% newbie can do.

wrong

>posterior deltoid
>pressing exercise

user... it's time to stop posting

i was going to eat a cookie but decided against it after seeing this pic

Literally everyone on this board is going to lie straight to your face and tell you "just eat at maintenance" or "lift more, and keep eating at a deficit"

my boy, i started out just like you, and i'm going to tell you one thing no one else is going to.

Eat more now, and start lifting weights.

>but i'm gonna gain weight and get fatter!

yes. you will, but you know what else you'll gain? extensive amounts of muscle that no other method is going to give you. and you'll gain it all within 6 months. adjust your calories to +500/+600 calories above maintenance, and start lifting. for every 5 lb you gain, adjust your TDEE again, and keep it above by about 500-600. Gain about 20-30 lb total, then start the mean cut. Attempt to maintain all of your lifts as best you can, and lose as much weight as possible, if you do this, i guarantee a massive body transformation.

I started looking for information here about 5 years ago, and after 3 years of threads like this and all of this conflicting information, this is what finally worked for me. Having to bear being fat for a little while longer to build the muscle required to look at least somewhat aesthetic.

Here's something else: get a fucking hair cut.

the rear delts are involved in shoulder extension (covered by rows, pullups, chinups), transverse extension (again, rows, chins/pullups, facepulls), transverse abduction (rear delt fly), and lateral rotation - feel free to tell me which one of these happens to a significant extent during the concentric phase of the overhead press

the OHP involves the rear delts negligibly, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about and you need to stop spreading misinformation here until you actually have a few years of lifting under your belt

stop posting geek

The bad news is, I imagine your face looking like Tiny Tim, and your body looks bad. Good news it you already lost 90 pounds and I see no sign of loose skin. You might be one of the rare few that can lose 100+lbs and skin stay tight.

Get a fucking haircut and you'll be 80% of the way there. Do you know how to diet and not eat Fritos all day? Yeah, do that...drink water and work out HARD...and RUN. That Thanksgiving roll you got there will disappear.

>t.SS + GOMAD

Modified Stronglifts, actually.

I'm already running 2 miles a day 5 days a week. Although starting next week 3 days a week I'm going to run 5 miles.

Enjoy exploded knees

i loved the saga begins, big fan.

I'm so sorry
kys and respawn

Great Deku tree looking motherfucker.

>not knowing jon bones jones
93kg at 193cm, hes pure fucking muscle user

Good job losing 90lbs bro. I for some reason imagined this head on that body tho..hehehe

Goddammit I know too much about Chris. He went to a Gamestop to complain about Sonic's arm color change (he had already been banned from the store before) and pepper sprayed an employee.

Anyway, OP keep going. You got this, get your fucking weight down.

Post body

This is after my first real bulk and cut, and then during second bulk.

Im still nothing special but you should see what i looked like before.

Because Jones will poke him in the eye if he gets too close

Almost the entire body is used in an OHP, mate. That doesn't mean it's being worked efficiently and will result in hypertrophy everywhere. Won't get solid abs doing OHP but it'll strengthen them a bit. That's the point the other user is getting at; the activation of the rear delts in an OHP is negligible and won't gib any rear delt gains
tldr; you're correct but you're autistic

You're just confusing BMR with TDEE, friendo

thankfully that fuck wont step foot in the octagon again

What website did you come from, son? healthyateverysize.org?