I'm doing a six day PPL program right now, but with school and work I'll need to take two rest days instead of one...

I'm doing a six day PPL program right now, but with school and work I'll need to take two rest days instead of one. Would I fuck myself over if I replace a leg day for a rest day? Also, what are your Veeky Forums goals

just do a ULPPL then

im on the same program ish. been doing the same for over a year (2yrs total lift) and ive been skipping some leg days. Id say dont do it, im trying not to any more, we end up making no leg gains at all

Doing 1 leg day on a PPL defeats the purpose of a PPL

You should either do it or don't.

i do that basically but I slap an occassional squat/deadlift on push/pull day respectively

PPxPPxx is comfy

I'm a skellington with a lot of fat distribution in my legs so I don't think they will look too disproportionate
It's only for this semester as my schedule is too tight and I've been making pretty decent strength gains with PPL during the two months I've been on it but would it really fuck me up that badly?

Ya.

Your physique will look unbalanced, and shitty on top of that, since large legs give the illusion of a smaller waist (just like how a large upper body does, get it?). You're be a weak pussy and collapse trying to move a couch.

Also, myscle protein sythesis simulates testosterone production so, over a long period of time, squatting will make look lool betfer. In the short term it will make you feel better which equals more likely to enjoy workout out and making it.

I do PPLxPPLx which I realize is an eight day cycle and doesn't follow a weekly schedule, but allows me to work out an average of 5.25 days per week instead of 6

I also do this.

Do you guys think its ineffective?

1 leg day PPL is fine. Just hit legs really hard that day. Even if they develop a little less than upper body, it's not the biggest deal in the world.

Like I said my legs and thighs have always been thicc but not muscular so I don't think it'll matter. Plus this is only temporary for the semester or until I can get a squat rack for a home gym

6 days a week is too much for me so I split my most important leg exercises for my 2nd leg day into my push/pull days.

2nd Push day: Added squats
2nd pull day: Added stiff leg dead lifts

I don't do my hypertrophy squats, leg curls, and calf raises a 2nd time. I don't care much about my legs getting bigger so it's fine.

you could just cycle through PPL but only train five times a week

/thread.

I never understood why people would schedule their workouts so strictly, you don't HAVE to go to the gym 6x a week to accomodate pplpplx, you can still do it, you'll just have your workouts shifted from week to week
I get it why you might want to do it, a strict workout regime helps you stay dedicated, but because you can't squeeze everything into one week doesn't mean you have to completely rework your program or skip a day
I do a ppl program and go to the gym 3-5 times a week, it's just an issue that shouldn't exist, I did push last workout so today I'm gonna do pull, next workout legs, next push again etc
how autistic do you have to be to make this a problem

OP, dont listen to these fat legged SS victims. Only beta virgins train legs 2 (TWO) fucking times a week lol. I do PPxPPxL and in CBThreads people tell me all the time that i have their goal body.
You can either train like a chad and focus on upper body, or you can be a big legged beta virgin that is proud to have an ass bigger than most girls.

*tips fedora*

I'm on the same thing, work full time and go to night classes.

Do it when you get up in the morning. A PPL takes at MOST 45 minutes a day for the basics. I wake up an hour and a half early, bust it out and then have time for a nice breakfast. There's no excuse to not be able to do a PPL with your schedule.

Post body

bump

I think a lot of guys don't do programs that don't fit in a seven day week because they're autistic and like to keep certain lifting days on the same day of the week.

At least that's why I do it.

do PHUL's ULRULRR

you are welcome

>Hey Veeky Forums how can i keep doing my 6 day routine in 5 days instead of doing a routine designed for 5 days?

This place amazes me

I have been doing PP R L R PP R L R PP lately. I just find that I am usually very worn out after leg day and don't want to pull the next day. So, I'm never really skipping any days, but it keeps me from strict schedule.

Is this bad? It feels fine to me. I'm making gains.

I don't understand how you guys can hate training legs

there is no better feeling than wearing tight shorts that make my thighs look juicy as fuck

I have noticed several girls staring at my butt. Can someone explain to me the no leg day meme? I do 2 days (one power, one hypertrophy), and those are usually the best days of my week.

yeah let's see it

brap

Wut dat