Sup, Veeky Forums, recovering fatasfatass here

Sup, Veeky Forums, recovering fatasfatass here.

I've down about 150 lbs over the course of 3 years, and I'm tired of eating at a deficit and never gaining strength. My lifts haven't gone up more than about 10% in 3 years.

Currently
>6'1"
>165 lbs
>somewhere around 20% bf

Is that too high bf% to start bulking? If so, how come? Will I just look like shit when I'm done, or have to cut more next time to make up for stopping this cut early? Or is starting my bulk early gonna be fine?

Thanks, Veeky Forums

what are your lifts

OHP: 85
Bench: 135
Squat: 205
Dead: 245

All mediocre at best, and garbage if you consider that I've been lifting for years

I have similar stats to you, what do you look like?

these are your stats after 3 years of lifting? or did you start recently?

Here's the most recent progress pic

These are my stats after 3 years of lifting while cutting

>around 20% bf

Eat canned tuna and chicken and lift. I guarantee it

Most of that is loose skin.

i'd recommend you go full cutting and attempt to 12% bf then attempt a lean bulk from there honestly. your lifts need to go up my friend.

Loose skin is so fukin disgusting, u should get surgery or something

You've lost the weight too fast bro, now you have no basics muscle and no enough fat to help you getting muscle easily.
Whatever you're doing with your diet, stop cutting, you can't continue to cut and gain muscle, you just start to eat more but with control and work hard.
good luck m8

Super-sets will increase strength really fast man. Every press needs to be followed immediately with a pull. As well, designate a body section per day.

Loose skin is a sign that he had the discipline to lose a shitton of weight. He should get surgery if he has the means, definitely, but it's a hell of a lot better than being a lardass.

He's young. Surgery isn't necessary. Just got to keep at it and it will go away

Haven't actually had my bf% checked because I'm poor and not autistic, but yeah based on a lot of the Veeky Forums bf% charts I'm somewhere in between 17%-23%

I want my lifts to go up, but that's hard eating under maintenance.

Loose skin is hardly a problem. Being insecure about your body is a lot more unattractive, friendo

Bro, stop listening to those fags. You can eat as much canned chicken and tuna as you want bro

fatty detected

Your lifts will rarely go up if you're under maintenance. The ONLY lift that goes slightly up for me while cutting is OHP thanks to my naturally large shoulders. Your bench and any other chest exercises will suffer quite a bit while on a caloric deficit.

Carb load just a little on the night before and morning of your heaviest lifting day to give a boost to your endurance and strength - I had to deload some of my lifts since I was too dumb to figure out that 1700 cals a day = low energy and strength for lifts.

Good luck and congrats on the weight loss.

Thanks m80, I haven't tried carb loading before. Do you have any favorites or go-to's?

3 Years of lifting? What the hell have you even been doing?

Son, you need to start eating because those stats are comparable to untrained healthy young men.

Do an actual fucking program and stop pussyfooting around. All the time you have spent in the gym was WASTED time.

Pick a beginner program, like Stronglifts or Starting Strength, eat up and actually go somewhere. You should bulk up to at least 200lb+, and you can't even consider cutting until you've hit 1/2/3/4.

Yes, I know 1/2/3/4 is an arbitrary number, but at least that would put you in the category of "somewhat strong".

You're underweight in every manner that counts. Try a 4500 kcal diet (count it and no cheating you faggot) of decent foods. At least 75% of your food ought to be single-ingredient foods (EG: No processed foods)

Honestly, you started a bit too late. You should have eaten maintenance at the beginning of your training, and started cutting when you had actually gotten a lot stronger. Now you have to climb up Mt. Fatass again in order to gain strength. Getting strong and then lean again is an 1 - 1.5 year undertaking in your case. I suggest you plan for it accordingly.

Good on you for looking all that weight man. I'd your goal to go Mako or Bolin mode?

Nope. Just a wrestler.

>wasted time

Incorrect. My goal was weight loss, not muscle gain, which means my time in the gym was 100% as intended.

>1.5 years
Wow that's not that long at all to achieve what I want. I was entirely prepared to go through several cutting/bulking cycles to become strong and lean. Will it really be as simple as 1-2 cycles?

>4500 kcal
That's kind of ridiculous for a lean bulk. That would legitimately be me eating (and spending) 3x as much on food, along with probably spending 1.5x-2x as much time preparing my meals. The sticky suggests 14x-16x bodyweight for bulking, readjusting monthly. I'll stick with what works for now.

My goal is definitely Nuck-Tuck mode

If the goal is Bolin mode don't be cutting, just clean bulk try for .5 lbs a week. Include cardio, but don't make it the focus. Gaining a little bit of weight is fine so long as you have the commitment to build muscle with it.
Also shave or trim the beard down to stubble man, it looks better that way. You can make general appearance gains now that you've lost all that weight.

By wasted time, I meant that you could have achieved what you wanted in the same time, but now you need 1.5-ish years extra to get there.

The timescale is definitely feasible, but you will not like the weight-gain associated with it in the first 9 months. But if you eat right and train hard (essential) a good 60-75% of all the weight you gain will be muscle mass. Judging from your lifting stats, you're definitely still within the "Novice" phase, meaning you still have the abililty to rapidly gain muscle mass and strength.

Eat right, and your lifts will have nearly doubled in that time, as will your muscle mass. You will be fat again at the end of these nine months though, but I think you'll find that weightloss is a lot easier when you have doubled your muscle mass.

Also, from personal experience: skin oils really help with excess skin and stretch marks. Works best if you use it while losing weight though, but even afterwards it helps with the skin.

Bolin-mode will require you to train for a bit longer though, but you should really get the most out of the noobgains, as it will make everything you want to do faster, and more efficient.

Yeah I'm excited to be getting my noob gains. I'm not too worried about a time span as short as a year and a half. That's only half of what I've already done, and it already seems like 3 years isn't very long because of how much I have ahead.

I'm also not worried about gaining excess fat. The biggest change wasn't my weight, it was my understanding and control over my diet. I'm confident I'll be able to stay in control during my bulk, even if I am fat again. If I'm fat, it just means that I'm not yet at my goal, and I have progress to look forward to.

Also,
>oils
from your personal experience, how much did these help? Did you use them regularly? How expensive were they? Did you get them from a dermatologist, or from recommendations from Veeky Forums, or what?

>shave or trim the beard to stubble
I do a couple of times a week. The struggles of being a hairy motherfucker