>carbs are evil

10s
>gluten is evil

when will people realize pic related was the real evil all this time

Other urls found in this thread:

authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
uib.no/en/node/103172
healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5174153/
endofshiftreport.com/2015/07/a-colleague-of-mine-related-tale-of-pt.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There is a shitton of things I hate about my country, but atleast the Netherlands has a sugar tax which keeps rising every year.

The real evil is and always has been overeating.

LSD isn't evil bro.

That's fucking retarded and pointless nannystate bullshit

It is becoming the enemy. Just look at all the no sugar soft drinks.

Btw sugar companies lobby like tobacco companies did last century.

20s
>sugar is evil

when will people realize pic related was the real evil all this time

Sugar is carbs

Same way with Cigarettes, once the companies that rely on shit like high fructose corn syrup can't shill to keep people from directly pinning the issue on them.

>implying all of these things cant be independently bad

wew

Processed sugar is bad, yes. But what kills people, over half a million people a year to be exact, is fat. Specifically saturated and trans fat. Heart disease is easily the biggest killer of people, and it's completely tied to animal fat.

How is it tied

That's marihuana bro I know that my brothers friend has smoked it once

Being fat, not eating fat. I mean obviously you have to eat to be fat, but it doesn't much matter what

>Completely tied to animal fat
Come to shit up another thread and turn it into a vegan vs meat eater thread I see

If you are a fit person, you can literally eat pure grease everyday, it won't affect shit.

Sugar never had a reputation as a health food you underaged fuckwit. Governments have been telling people not to eat it for almost 50 years. Do you think fatties give a shit what the government tells them? Sugar is pretty much the healthiest not-healthy thing you can eat. Compared to saturated and refined fat, calorie by calorie, it provides more satiety and less cardiometabolic harm.

That's almost as bad as leafland trying to tax people for junk food. Fuck off I eat chips once every three months only to have to pay extra for it?

Never, all those "evils" were concocted by the fast food and junk food industries to make sure they can easily shift their wares slightly while maintaining the one thing (sugar) that makes their shit so addictive.

>straps for lmao2plaet

>unsaturated fats are thousands times more prone to oxidation
>heart disease is caused by saturated fats

No, it will actually raise your LDL cholesterol, deposit fat into your liver and muscle, and cause endotoxemia, systemic inflammation and multi-tissue insulin resistance and lipotoxicity. Whether you are fit or not is irrelevant, because saturated fat is toxic to most organs and is also treated like a toxin by the body. Out of all the fatty acids, the saturated fats have the lowest capacity to be oxidized, with 80-90% being stored as fat, compared to ~50% for PUFAs which stimulate their oxidation because they do not interfere with glucose metabolism inside the cell.

Fat just makes you fat because of the energy density. A whole ton of sugar gives you a blood sugar spike, not good unless immediately before physically demanding work or exercise

LDL, organ accumulation of adipose and lipid droplets, insulin resistance, and systemic inflamation are all caused by and depend on having a highly positive energy balance, not the kind of fat you eat

Gluten is only evil to a tiny portion of the population, it's not comparable to the near propaganda-tier hatred against fat we used to have.

A necessary casualty

It's not nessesary and doesn't even work. You want a solution? Cut off medical benefits for fatties

That would be inhumane, dude

Spoken like a true soulless communist.

They've given up their humanity, and not even in the cool way

>it provides more satiety
Bullshit. Pure sugar like candy, as OP pictured, barely fill you up.

Oh no, a tax only affects you once every 3 months?????? The humanity!

If people won't stop binging on unhealthy foods, then a temporary(or permanent) tax on unhealthy shit isn't a bad thing. I wish Burgerland would consider it. Nothing too big, just enough to make it hurt fatties' wallet. Anyone who eats the taxed foods appropriately should be fine.

See Kys asap my man a tax isn't gonna stop fatties

They're still gonna fucking buy it. You aren't accomplishing anything

>Believing 1950's rhetoric

Taxing people on their stupidity is usually good, but in this situation it'll be unsustainable.

That's some nice naive ideals bernout but what actually happens is fatties keep buying it while the guys that restrict it end up getting cucked and indirectly punished when they do occasionally grab some junk fold

What about a Sugar tax accompanied with a yearly (bi-yearly?) fitness test. If you pass, no tax. If you fail, then have fun paying more for sugar, fatty.

why not skip the bullshit and have a fat tax? would that trigger the libtards 2much?

kys

not the point. the real point is, they are replacing fats with sugar to make things taste better.

Beurocratically expensive. If you were to implement such a test, costs would have to be recooped in a more thorough way, like cutting their benefits

fuck off
eating fats will mostly cause increase in HDL cholesterol which guess what doesnt have shit to do with heart disease, LDL cholesterol is shit for you and guess what causes an increase in that? Sugar.

This, otherwise, the food is consumed

Haven't had fat in a week now. Lost 2 lbs. Unless you're on keto, the fat you eat is the fat you wear.

Nothing is evil, everything is evil in excess.

Saved you the next 500 years of diet debates

Yes, which is essentially impossible to do without sugary crap if you have absolutely any self-control. Carbs on the other hand are addictive, there is no denying that.

No. Heart disease is mostly caused by obesity/metabolic syndrome, both can be solved by low-carb/keto. Fats or carbs alone are not bad, the problem is mixing the two (then your body stores dietary fat directly as body fat).

Oh yes, I can just gorge on coconut oil just as well as a bagel. Retard.

So taxing anything unhealthy should be banned.

Kek, you are shilling for carbs m8 and trying to call any non trans fat a toxin? I think riding the glucose rollercoaster is affecting your brain.

What if your body used cholesterol to repair small tears in your veins and arteries?

And for some reason, you have an increasing amount of tears in your veins and arteries and that cholesterol builds up in certain areas because it is constantly repairing an increasing amount of tears.

Insulin causes vascular dilation. It's part of the process of allowing your body to absorb nutrients. Suppose a person was constantly driving their insulin levels way up and way down by eating high amounts of carbohydrates and the constant dilation and contraction of the veins and arteries were causing injuries to them.

So doctors say, "don't get rid of what is causing holes in your arteries, get rid of what is sealing them up".

Where the fuck are fatasses getting their money? A tax like this would have to add up after a bit.

sugar is nutritional jew, they have their own defense force from companies like hersheys or pepsi

Very carefully

well, some fats are evil. like some trans-fats and most polyunsaturated-fats. good fats are bacon, coconut fat, butter, olive oil.
carbs in general arent evil, sugar is. the amount of play also a role.
gluten aint good because you hold more water in your body and i could fuck with your stomach. pro bodybuilders mind gluten while dieting for contests and they know why.

How do you healthily consume sugar?
>inb4 you don't
I like sweets too much to give them up.

STAY mad, fat fuck

What the fuck is wrong with these anti-carb anti-fat fanatics.

Getting a good dose of sugar / your favourite food before killing it in the gym can result in crazy gains. Its just fucking fuel, keep lifting till you cant lift any fucking more, pure and simple.

no need to give em up. just reduce it or try to reward yourself for good workouts etc.

> needing a reward for a good workout
> the rush of adrenaline/endorphins is not enough
not gonna make it fatty

Holy shit reward mentality is cancer and beta as fuck. You must eat avocados and use nuts for protein top kek. The only fuel I need is high calorie food and hate for the weak.

You are the most retarded poster on this board, congrats.

Eat it right after your workout and hope the evidence that says the body converts carbs eaten right after a hard workout into glycogen and doesn't store it as fat.

>avocado
Fuck that disgusting shit.

im conflicted because i believe that nanny state taxes like this are complete bullshit. But at the same time i believe that if these countries have free healthcare then they should be able to tax unhealthy food because im the one who eventually has to pay for these fat fucks to get surgery.

>Fats or carbs alone are not bad, the problem is mixing the two (then your body stores dietary fat directly as body fat).
This, the most mentally addictive food is high carb, high fat, high salt. e.g. chips

Funny, I cut most carbs and sugar out of my diet while upping my saturated fat consumption and my LDL (and triglycerides) WENT DOWN.
Basically - shit's complicated yo.

Why don't you eat and actually work hard instead pussy?

>mentally addictive
so in other words weak willed fucks who want to shift the blame for their shit habits onto a condition therefore eliminating their responsibility?

Id argue that only caffeine is truly addictive when it comes to food/drinks. And even then its easy to kick in about a week with discipline

>hate for the weak.

Disagree with you but kek

Sure, if that's what you want to believe to have an excuse to act like a dick. Doesn't mean you're not full of shit though.

>go on low-carb diet
>eat more vegetables than ever before
>cook every day, constantly increasing my cooking skill
>meticulously track calories and macros
>snowball effect into other areas of my life where I start giving a shit
>be mindful of what I'm putting in my body
>feel better than ever before
meme or not, this diet is the best thing that has ever happened to me. when I'm not morbidly obese and start lifting weights and doing heavy cardio then I'll see a need to fit some carbs into my diet.

Gluten-Free for 15 years here here
Gluten isn't innately bad. There are just people that don't digest it and thus causes problems. I cringe every fucking time I hear some health food advocate push something for everyone because it's gluten free. It's just something on a checklist companies can use to market the product at a higher price point
The real problem is that education doesn't teach you that the best way to understand what you need in your diet is to keep up with what you eat. If you eat Cheetos and in 2 hours you feel like trash, stop eating fucking Cheetos.

Me too bro

No one prepared me for IF+keto though. Trying to eat 3k ish of fat and protein in a 4 hour window is fucking brutal.

bacon is your friend

oh jesus christ this. I do 16-8 tho, but it's still difficult sometimes. Most days I don't even feel hungry, but I'll force myself to eat and I can barely finish my meals.

Do you read what you write m8? You can say that about anything addictive. Heck lets smoke some crack since I'm not a weak willed fuck.

Btw, craving for carbs can take longer than 1 week to stop so by your reasoning it is more addictive than caffeine.

t. chronic pain sufferer which cut his two copping mechanisms: caffeine and carbs

Why the fuck do you guys do this. Please explain this to me. Keto diets will do fucking nothing for you if you're going for hyper trophy or strength I don't care who you are. Enjoy all that volume of useless protein and trying to digest it all within 4 long fucking hours and being piss tired after your first few sets instead of doing it right and getting some serious carb intake and killing it for 4 or 5 hours within an hour or two tops. Get some brownies down them guts if you're tired or a massive fruit juice mix and keep going, jesus, atkins, what the fuck is wrong with you guys. /puke

I actually had a back/bi session a couple hours ago after a 24 hour fast on nothing but BCAAs and hit 2 PRs.

I realize it's not for everyone but it's clicking pretty well atm.

goooood goy, trying to get them internet dollars. Shills are even here... theres no study that clearly shows that animal fats are bad. use sci-hub to search for one, but you wont have luck. saturated fats and monounsaturated fats are best for the human body.

>is fat. Specifically saturated
No
>Heart disease is easily the biggest killer of people, and it's completely tied to animal fat.
No, it's not.
It's not.
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>uib.no/en/node/103172
>healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
>bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health

Sugar is sugar. Don't give me that hippy bullshit.

>taxing people for eating junk food is "not necessary and doesn't work"
>meanwhile, it's been scientifically proven that smokers are 20% more likely to quit when cigarettes cost $1 more
HMMMMMMMMMMMM... REALLY MAKES ME THINK

Such a big guy, such small weight

No macro is evil, you dumb fuck. Sugar is just the newest fad.

Money. In America, the sugar industry has the money, and they use it to blame other foods, and otherwise confuse the issue so that complacent customers will never learn jack shit about diet, and that sugar inflates the calories of everything they consume.

And needing everything to taste sweet is the shittiest taste.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5174153/

And there is no such thing as sugar addiction.

>fatties can't stick to a diet without eliminating an entire food group
colour me shocked

> non essential (the little glucose you need can be synthesized from protein)
> cravings when not accessible
> headaches/unwellness for the first few days of restriction
Sounds like addiction to me. Maybe more psychological than physiological but it is nonetheless.

>inb4 all of these happen with food in general
None of these are valid for protein or fat.

same desu

>And for some reason, you have an increasing amount of tears in your veins and arteries and that cholesterol builds up in certain areas because it is constantly repairing an increasing amount of tears

STICKY SCRATCHY SUGAR BLOOD

endofshiftreport.com/2015/07/a-colleague-of-mine-related-tale-of-pt.html

It's physiological. Use basic nuerology m8.

Sugar and the anticipation of eating sugar releases dopamine. Having an over-abundance of sugar over long periods of time leads to rewiring of your reward center. There's a genetic factor too.

It is the LITERAL description of addiction.

It's an advertisement for straps dumbass.
He doesn't need those things . No one needs to use straps.

i bet you use straps for lmaO1p8

This guy knows whats up. That and ignorance and laziness of the average bluepilled retard mixed with a crappily structured society.

Welfare and credit cards I'd assume.

I really wish welfare/food stamps would allow only foods that are canned/have to be cooked to be eaten/Frozen vegetables and fruits

No frozen meals, no snacks, no juice drinks (one of the most misleading offenders) but ultimately I think even if they did that it would be useless because the lobbyists and food companies would riot and claim that something as sugary as their shit was "healthy". Generally though, the food companies and lobbyists basically run the food propaganda and influence congress and opinion about what is good and what isnt.

It's fucking depressing.

Oh and to add to this as well, it isnt just the "evil government" it's also the average, lazy, unwilling to learn, gullible and lazy consumer that ends up reproducing and then the cycle repeats.

Ok I'm confused, aren't most food sources broken down into sugars in the body anyway? I was under the (perhaps incorrect) impression that carbs and lipids and proteins are all broken down into glucose for ATP production? So why would sugar be worse than protein? Moreover, I thought that if you didn't get enough glucose from carbohydrates, proteins would get broken down to provide glucose? And when you talk about sugar, do you mean refined sugar, or carbohydrates, or what? In essence, I'm confused what is meant to be so bad about "sugar" or what it even is? Surely eating just fruits and vegetables can't be unhealthy...

>he doesn't realise that carbs and gluten in white flour are basically the same as sugar

It's not sugar, it's all simple carbs in general. Sugar is the worst one though

liquid sugars < solid sugars

I don't know but I can't stop laughing at this

It's because you're a 17 year old Redditor who just found out about "this site full of hackers" and thinks that anything posted here is super cool and hilarious.

What symptoms did you have and what changed when you stopped eating glute