I just tried a set of push ups but collapsed after 19. I used to be able to bang out 250 when i was 14

I just tried a set of push ups but collapsed after 19. I used to be able to bang out 250 when i was 14.
how do I fix this Veeky Forumsizens?

how the fuck did you let your fitness drop so badly

Quit Kickboxing shorly before my Junior cert exams, discovered the sesh, took up a fifteen a day smoking habit and spent all my money on drink for the past 5 years

You were probably skinny as fuck when you were 14

granted I was auschwitz mode but I've only gained a stone and a half since then

I just checked and my plank time hasn't suffered; I can still hold it for at least 5 minutes

New zealand?
You sound like my friend.

Rural Ireland

How much did you weigh when you were 14?

Your body weight, who woulda thunk, plays into your bodyweight lifts.

8 stone

112 lbs for those who don't use stone

I'm hoping to hit 300 push ups by christmas eve, is this even possible?

You have never been able to do 250 push ups in a row, you just did planks and bobbed your head up and dad like when you give your step dad The Succâ„¢ and counted that as a push up

you were probably doing them with poor form and shit ROM when you were younger. doing little half pushups with your elbows flared wide. proper form is more important than hitting some number

Check'em, niggers

granted my form is far better now but my kickboxing instructor rode my ass when I did a half rep or had my arms spread too wide

this. also I hope you don't flair your elbows out like a faggot.

Not uncommon. I used to be able to do 30 pullups at 14. Now I can barely do 15. Lot stronger now though but I'm much heavier.

I gotta get back in shape though, I can't go back to kickboxing and do fuck all reps before collapsing in a heap

>how do I fix this Veeky Forumsizens?
Do pushups? Thats it. You can do some as afterburn after a workout for example. You need to do some pushups simply to avoid muscular imbalances anyway, in bench press your scapulae dont move so your serratus anterior doesnt work, which makes you looks worse when shredded and leads to an imbalance.
Yeah, but pretty pointless. At that point its basically an endurance excercise tho. There is a reason why people dont really do crazy high reps on bench for example and dont try to work up to 1000000 reps with an empty bar. Pushups and pullups are a good way to see where you are when it comes to your pound for pound strength.

thanks dude, what would be the best way to increase reps so I can get back to kickboxing without looking like a faggot?

That's easy just reduce your weight to how much you weighed when you were 14 and reduce your height to how tall you were when you were 14.

You should see my son do 100 chinups straight. He weighs like 18kg and moves about 5 inches per rep but I guess this makes him a tank.

I've gained fuck all weight since I was 14 but I'm talking about proper push ups; there's no way I can get away with fucking imaginary push ups in front of the instructors

>thanks dude, what would be the best way to increase reps so I can get back to kickboxing without looking like a faggot?
Eh, just do like 50% of your max reps for a fuckton of sets every other day. Being less fat will also help. Also, make sure you do proper pushups, elbows not flaired out, executing the full range of motion
Honestly just go back to kickboxing now, you will adapt and get your pushup numbers back quickly. Honestly, just go and do kickboxing. Yeah, you will be weaker, but you will get back to where you were quickly. The "get in shape before starting to do martial arts" meme is a meme. Its the same meme as "get in shape before starting to lift weights". Just go and do kickboxing, cunt

I need to get my pushups up for the Army

>all these posts missing the fact that being fatter will make the exercise harder and build more strength

you just have a built in weight vest

this post lmao

THIS IS NOW A PUSHUP THREAD

rolling

So you're telling me to get fat to do pushups. Thanks user.

it works for calves

fuck it, my pec still hurts but rolling

I mean, they're all about strength training, but lifting their own fat asses or relatively heavy bodies doesn't count...for some raison.