Whats the maximun amount of weighted pull up an human (gifted and in roids) could do...

Whats the maximun amount of weighted pull up an human (gifted and in roids) could do ? Lets say a genetically gifted one

Now the record is not over 500 lbs total bodyweight + extra weight, but i believe if the pull up was in the 3 lifts it would be god tier

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dK0vXRNZHUc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I believe an human,gifted or not the maximun weight they could handle on a pull up will never be over 600 lbs total weight before their tendons tear apart, but im not sure

That would be orangutanish strenght

What's the world orangutan record for pull ups?

eh, if a human can DL 1k+ lbs he can for sure pull up similar total weight, but if you strap all that weight to your loiwer back, then RIP

I find that for regular people who don't neglect either exercise, their weighted chin-up usually match their bench press.

Caveats here are that:
#1 you can bench more by manipulating leverage and shortening the ROM, which can't really be done in a pull-up, and:
#2 as a person gets bigger, their pull-up performance does not increase as much as their bench press. Physics and stuff.

Still, find a dude that isn't humongous in size and has a great bench press without a huge arch and a super wide grip, and he should be able to chin as much as he bench presses, if he trained for it.

Your shoulders are in a completely different position. I have no idea what logic you used to come to your conclusion.

Your biceps are in a stretched position on pullup and also contracting as much as possible, it's completely different from a deadlift.

>Whats the maximun amount of weighted pull up an human (gifted and in roids) could do ? Lets say a genetically gifted one

Counting your own bodyweight on weighted pullups is useless, people that are heavier are almost always stronger in the upper body and thus it means little.

a 80kg guy doing a 90kg pullup is stronger than a 90kg guy doing a 90kg pullup, even if the total bodyweight+belt weight moved is the same.

how much weight can you guys hang onto yourself? I'm 1,75m/69kg and I just recently started doing weighted pullups. was able to do 22 max and decided that shit takes too much time. started with 5kg because I thought even that would be too much but it was piss easy. After a week, I'm at 15kg and wondering whether 20kg is considered a lot (10-12 reps in the first set) or not for my size. strict form by the way

youtube.com/watch?v=dK0vXRNZHUc

I'm extremely DYEL but regularly do both exercises. My chin ups are a fair bit stronger than my weak-ass bench though.

My bench is 75x5 and I can do 88+6x7 chin ups/88+5x5 pull ups.

Nobody tested that, but a 120 kg orangutan MALE could probably do a pull up with 400/500 lbs on his waist

Thats beyond human levels

Dont worry, just keep going on and with time numbers with come

A 160/180 kg total bodyweight pull up is strong, no doubt about that, and most people doing it either have good genetics or are on roids

For example marvin eder a 190 lbs could do 7 chins with 200 lbs on his waist, but then again he was a genetic freak, still not as strong as cyr/topham and many others

Wich i think could do a pull up with 200/250 kg anytime (judging the way they could hold the pull of horses)

I never heard about luis cyr doig pull ups, but if he did them, he would have been able to crank out a good set of one armed pull ups at 120/180 kg bodyweight lol

The world bench record raw is 335 kg

No human can do a pull up with that total weight, so the 1:1 ratio probably is just temporally but bench ends going up

i'd disagree
lats are way bigger than pecs, theoretically, you should be able to do pullups with more weight than bench.

You're lats might have the strength for it, maybe, but i think the main problem would be things like tendons and ligaments from fingers/forearms to biceps tearing.

Significantly longer Rom, bench doesn't penalize you for heavy bodyweight, bench has stretch working for you (at bottom, tension just from stretch helps) pull up you have to work against stretch especially at top, bench has shoulders helping a lot, pull ups have much more arm involvement/ROM and arms are weak

In part yes, but in bench anatomically your pecs hace advantage because you are lying down, and the position by itself makes the movement more efficient at a lower use of strenght

Also you are ignoring the fact biceps play a role on pull ups as triceps in bench, and triceps are stronger, not to mention anterior deltoids are stronger than posterior ones

As well as if it was like you say, why theres no proof of anyone doing a total pull up with +500 lbs total weight ?

Exactly, biceps are the most limiting factor

Does anyone find focusing on weighted pullups rather than chinups is better for looking bigger?

I've done chinups for so long because of the more muscles used meme but my forearms are skinny as fuck and I don't have thickness.

Are pullups the real better option for overall arm size? (Forearms and bis)

No bro, forearm size is mostly genetics, i have done grip training, pull ups, chin ups, curls, wrist curls and my forearm are 30 cm cold at 70 kg bodyweight, average looking

After noob gains they didnt get any bigger but stronger

Forgot to say, 3 years training after 10 months i ended up at 70 kg, went up to 77 kg once and had bigger forearms (32 cm cold) but i had to eat a lot, now i eat less and feel better and im stronger

try increasing the volume not the weight.
For me, i can feel forearms getting tired faster when doing more pullups rather than doing fewer weighted pullups.
And pullups > chinups in case of forearm gains, for me at least, but i mix them up anyway.