Hey Veeky Forums my 13 year old brother wants to start gym. Is the stunt growth whatever meme true or not...

Hey Veeky Forums my 13 year old brother wants to start gym. Is the stunt growth whatever meme true or not? Because my mother said it isn't good for a young boy to hit the gym. This is a legit question.

I was 5'11.5 at 14 when I started lifting

I am still 5'11.5 at 18

Fuck

get him to do body weight stuff like pushups and pullups until his body is a bit more developed

I stopped growing at 14

By the way I am 175cm and became 18 in July and he is almost the same as me and he is only 13 feelsbadman

I started lifting when I was 12. And I'm 5'5" so there is nothing to worry about.

Exercise is healthy.
Get him running, rock climbing, pressups, pullups.
He's got so much free time he may as well do something better than waste his youth in a gym.
I only go to the gym because I don't have time for other shit.

Make him do curls n shit

It's a retarded meme, get him to lift right now, the sooner the better

it's a meme but teens are impressionable dumb fucks so he'll probably start gearing in 2-3 years when the gains slow down which does in fact stunt growth

Just start him light. It will only stunt his growth if he lifts super heavy. Make sure he eats big during puberty to maximize those height gains.

get off Veeky Forums before you kill yourself over your wrist size you fucking retard

Just make him do push-ups, pull-ups and ab exercises.
Bodyweight exercises is the healthiest thing for a kid his age. He can hit the gym later.

Jeff Seid was short when he started lifting, and he was 12. Now he's 6'. Should be fine.

What a huge projection

I started gym at 17 at 5ft 7
Im now 19 and 5ft 11
If he eats a good amount of nutrient rich food which he wouldn't do if he didnt go to the gym there's a chance he might grow more than he would normally anyway

Get him playing sports and at most doing calisthenics. It will close growth plates, the correlation does exist and being a manlet is worse than being dyel because you will be a manlet for the rest of your life.

I'm
Share me your seeecrets

There is zero evidence lifting stunts growth. ZERO.

Same but 6'1
I could've been a Chad if I'd waited a year, but now I'm doomed to inceldom forever.

>manlet who wants people to think weightlifting doesnt stunt growth so more people start lifting at a young age bringing down average height statistics so he feels a little better about his pathetic stature

Young people need to play sports, not lift weights. He can get into the gym once he's 18, but for now I'd keep him away because the stunted growth meme is real.