Old man strenght, never understimate your dad user

Old man strenght, never understimate your dad user

I always thought my dad was weak since i never saw him lifting heavy and he always asked for help when it was about carrying cement bags or so, until today we saw an armwrestling show and i wanted to teach him some technique

So we armwrestled, it was incredible how hard his arm was at his age of 67, he did manual labor all his lifetime and is a very very active person, however im not a weakling i can bench 225 lbs and deadlift 315 ans im stronger than all my friends

I could beat my dad but his strenght surprised me,also his grip was hard as shit, I asked him if he was stronger when young and he told me yes, he also told me of his grandfather, who was a pretty strong man as well. Today im more proud than never of my dad...never understimate them anons...no matter how old they are

Share stories like this if your wish

>deadlift 315
Opinion disregarded,

Im 180 lbs and cant deadlift more weight because of bad posture

Im scared of snaping my spine off

>deadlift 315
miring quads

Ok thats why a 67 years old almost tear off my wrists on an armwrestling match

>bench 225
>deadlift 315

PPPPPLx confirmed best routine? P stands for push btw.

I literally deadlifted 315 in my first two months of lifting, weighing like 140 lbs. That's not even "good" progress. A 315 deadlift as an adult man is something you should within weeks. Many adult men can do it on day 1. It's in no way a strength standard. It's like saying "I can do 4 pull-ups!"

>6666
>old man strength/dad thread
>turns into a deadlift pissing contest
At least you tried OP.

How well you do on weighted pull ups ?

Not everyone has high T man. I lifted for two years and never got that DL :(

people need to realize that dad/old man/functional strength is literally just forearm and hand strength. which is developed via high repetitions over a lifetime. it's that simple.

Have you ever thought that you're literally just weak?

315lbs is not a strong deadlift, tell us more about old man strength when you dl 250kg

I often wonder why, when not blatantly estatting, people pick weights that put you just out of the dyel zone

>im not a weakling
>I can bench 225 lbs

because the normies at the gym bench/dl 1pl8/2pl8 respectively so you gotta be one level above normie

No you didn't, who are you trying to impress by lying?

>can deadlift 405 for 5 reps
>cant bench 225

ape arms life

weight is not important when force acting on the body depends on your particular build.

I am pretty long limbed(yes even that) and DLing 40 kgs is equal to 150 kg dl by a shorter man.

Thats pretty bad I could lift about 400 just as a couch potato with literally no exercise for the past few years.

Dude... It's 315 some people who don't lift at all can do that.

>also his grip was hard as shit,
Old people have giant forearms, because of years of doing shit with them. Muscles in your forearm that give you a strong grip dont really work the same muscles you work in lifting. They respond best to having to long static holds. Work in some farmers walks, they fucking jack your grip. Strongman carries are legit af for that. You can also do shit like do towel/grenade pullups and shit. Rope climbing too. Never use straps.

>start lifting weights
>getting strong
>christmas at grandpas
>"Looking good user pretty soon you'll be able to beat me in arm wrestling if you keep that up"
>"haha sure thing g-pa"
>"AH" *grasps his chest* "you dont think I can hold my own?"
>he sits down at the table
>holds out hand
>sit down
>chuckle
>lock up "Ill go easy on you old man"
>hes fighting decently
>Gain the upper hand without much effort
>WHAM
>out of nowhere hes snapped my hand onto the table
>slams my head on the table
>wraps my arm back around my back and has his elbow on my neck
>"listen here little man. I worked on the railroad for 40 fucking years and had krauts bigger, better, and meaner than you'll ever be try to put steel in me in the form of bullets and knives. Don't you EVER call me 'old man' you understand?"
>choking "y-y-yes s-s-sir"

Not even him, but I don't see why you act like 3pl8 is anything even remotely special, I literally deadlifted that on my first day in the gym, not memeing whatsoever, and I know of quite a few people who I know don't even lift that could probably lift more than that if I got them to lift with me

top 10 anime fights.

Tell us more about how you want your daddy to pin you down and fuck your ass.

>>out of nowhere hes snapped my hand onto the table
>>slams my head on the table
>>wraps my arm back around my back and has his elbow on my neck

>n-nani?!