Fats while cutting?

How important is watching your fat intake while cutting, assuming you get enough protein?

If you get too much fat and less carbs will you lose less fat?

it doesn't matter

Then why are there certain macros , for example 25% fat, all over the place?

>If you get too much fat and less carbs will you lose less fat?

No, in fact the opposite will happen

Why do you lose more fat if you eat more fat while cutting?

Because you're eating less carbs

fpbp

as long as your protein and calories are correct and you're getting SOME fat it's personal preference

it literally does not matter as long as you eat enough protein and micronutrients
If you don't eat any carbs you'll feel like shit
If you don\t eat any fat you'll feel like shit

because if you eat a diet of 70% fat then you won't be getting enough protein use your fucking head

stop worrying about fats and carbs because it doesn't fucking matter and only worry about getting enough protein

>If you get too much fat and less carbs will you lose less fat?

If you get too much fat, your shit will be oily. As long as you are not in a caloric surplus your body will not store fat.

But you're eating more fat

Can you explain why less carbs but more fat = more fat loss?

What about saturated fat?

carbs cause an insulin response
fat does not cause an insulin response

high insulin = fat storage mode
low insulin = fat burning mode

stop spouting this shitty fucking meme everywhere

I've gone from 280lbs down to 170lbs and I did it by having some carbs in my diet
you don't have a good workout with zero carbs

as long as he keeps his protein up to where it should be he shouldn't have to worry any other macro because they're mostly irrelevent when it comes to retaining muscle and losing fat

I swear to god you low carb faggots see the water weight disappear after 1 week of your shitty diet and think it's some magical weight loss trick

Broscience, you're exaggerating

not an argument

>How important is watching your fat intake while cutting, assuming you get enough protein?
Fat is the least important macronutrient, especially while cutting, because when you are cutting you are releasing ~50 grams of fat from your body stores into your bloodstream every day.

Carbs are more important while cutting because in a calorie deficit it becomes harder to have your glycogen stores full.

Weight loss is determined by calorie balance but dietary fat does not contribute towards muscle maintenance, strength, endurance or athleticism.

Protein causes an insulin response mate. Gonna cut that out of your diet too?

>good workout with zero carbs

Should only be lifting enough for a full routine every 24hrs. anyway.

I think it's because your body notices an increase of fat intake and says "Hey, there's a lot of this so I can use it as a main energy source now." Then you lose more fat on your body, or something like that

we're talking about fat and carbs you numpty

>fats
"Total intake of mixed fatty-acids results in increased testosterone production."

>carbs
..Are somewhere between unnecessary, and used for the insulin response and glycogen resynthesis, but in research, GR for low carb and high carb groups are similar.

>GR for low carb and high carb groups are similar.
Yes, because you can just use magic to make glycogen, no carbs required! Thanks for your quality input.

>citing Volek and Phinney unironically
Hurr

>muh testosterone
dumbass

>no carbs
Gluconeogenesis..

Those pie charts and pyramids are the most retardedly uninformed shit I've seen in my life.

while dieting, at least 2.3g Protein/kg bodyweight is needed. fats should be consumed aswell since your body needs fats to build hormones etc. depending on your physique and your goals, fat should be consumed at 0.5-0.8g per kg bodyweight. dont go lower than 0.5 and if you're stuck on a bodyweight, just do some more cardio. hiit is good.

but why would we need fat beside omega 3 and omega 6 ? It's literally everywhere on us and all of them beside the 2 EFA are present .

we dont need that much omega6. if consumed too much its very "flammatory". stick to saturated fats and omega3. why consume? they are essential means your body cant produce its own fat. on the other hand, your body can produce its own carbs in forms of ketones. biochemical: acetyl coa is our universal energy.
look it up here if interested: biochemical-pathways.com

Wow , the fat really fucked up your reading comprehension breh .

Ketone will never allow you to produce as much energy / min as carbs potentially can .

Because you also have to factor in getting enough protein. So if you need 161g of protein that's 644 calories and 35% of an 1800 calorie cut. If you aren't going to use your head you may as well have two assholes.

most important things while cutting

calories > amount of protein > carbs/fat ratio

just the calories needed to lose weight, eat enough protein you decided, and then just eat whatever amount of carbs/fat ratio left that you feel the best with. Also make sure to get enough micronutrients.

Literally this , but if you do any serious exercise a certain amount of carbs become essential . ( Unless you want to get some serious over training / under recovering symptom ).

look it up. fat gives more energy and needs less steps to be produced. again, biochemical-pathways.com shows it clearly aswell as plenty of studies. use sci-hub.io to get yours. im not willing to spend my time on Shills

this. just forgot that not everyone is doing the ketogenic diet. listen to your body.

Yes it do yield more ATP per mmol of substract , but the rate of oxidation of fat is way lower than the rate of oxidation of carb , that's why every athlete who do anything for more than very short duration needs carbs for sufficient glycogen .

many athletes would benefit from ketogenic diets, trust me on that. look it up, you will be amazed.

Benefit as in not being able to sustain more than 70% Vo2max or more than one hours ?

>trust me

Sorry I don't trust fat fucks. Now fuck off.

TRUST ME BREH , just look at this graph showing the POWER of fat for athlete .

there is no hope in Veeky Forums... gonna call it quit

I hate these absolutely disgusting graphs that they fed you at school

So this... is the power of ketosis

Oh shit breh I heard you were low glycogen from your keto diet ? But I really needs carbohydrate right now since i'm using 0% fat , time for some DE NOVO GLUCOGENESIS ( look up it's on biochemical-pathways.com ) Hmmm but glycerol is a fucking shit substract for quick DNG during exercice , what could we possibly use instead ? Proton ? From where ? Oh RIGHT FROM YOUR MUSCLE BUDDEH.
TIME FOR SOME SICK RHADOMYOLYSIS .

It's called gluconeogenesis fuckass. Glucose can be synthesized from the glycerol backbone of triglycerides and/or amino acids

Which will produce JUST enough carbs for a mostly sedentary lifestyle with maybe 3x a week exercise and very low cardio , anyone serious with exercice will need carbs , I don't know where the one who posted the graph found it but literally every other studies on glycogen metabolism show an increase in glycogen storage after post-exercice carbs consumption .

Yep, that's why ketosis doesn't exist. You can just make glucose from fat to prevent it

Still waitin for them to name A SINGLE keto "athlete" , even the "low carb" athlete phiney & volek mention in their book consume in the range of 100-300 g of crabo a day kek .

Eating low carb is somewhat inefficient for your body (e.g. you get dehydrated more easily) so it uses your body fat more to keep it functional i believe

Well I've gone from 320 down to 155 and while I agree low carb isn't a magic bullet, it's certainly effective at managing hunger. You really just don't get as hungry on low carb as you do on high carb.

Well actually is has ABSOLUTELY no metabolic advantage , it's just that instead of burning carbs you burn fat , the science behind it is the following .

>Fat retard want to lose weight
>Book sellers tell him that with this one magic trick he'll be burning a lots of fat
>Fat retard doesn't understand it means dietary fats .

Yeah no idea. I heard it has some benefits for women with PCOS and keeps some people more satiated but didnt get into the detail. But it definitely fucks up your electrolytes.

Acetyl CoA is only a small part of the picture... not sure why you latched onto this intermediate in particular.

>p=36
statistically insignificant, mate

Fat gives more energy but it's not easier to use as energy, it takes more oxygen to break down. That's why bodies use carbs, it's the quickest and easiest source of energy

Ignore all the broscience and pseudoscience in this thread. I'm an actual excercise physiologist. As long as you are at a caloric deficit, with enough resistance training and protein intake to retain lean muscle mass, you will lose fat. As a general rule, you don't want to completely cut out fats or carbs, but for the normal person who is not worried about athletic performance just focus on calories, protein, and training.

Why every 24? Not 48?