Why be a faggot and do full body 3x a week when you can do PPL 6x a week and make better gains...

Why be a faggot and do full body 3x a week when you can do PPL 6x a week and make better gains, burn more calories and stay better motivated?

Other urls found in this thread:

scoobysworkshop.com/intermediate-workout-plan/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i don't want to go to the gym 6 days per week

>make better gains
Proof?
>burn more calories
lifting burns minimal calories and the "lift for calorie burn" fags are just justifying their avoidance of cardio
>motivated
This is fair, going to the gym only thrice a week sucks.

Cause i have a life you fucking faggot.

>PPL 6x

so just a normal 3 day split repeated twice during the week?

REVOLUTIONARY

ur a dumbass, everyone knows ULUL is the optimal split for naturals

Why do you faggots insist on calling it PPL when its literally just

>chest and tris
>back and bis
>legs

is it a way of trying to distance yourself from the fact you do a brosplit like everyone else?

Fair

>make better gains
You'd probably make similar gains but with a better focus on aesthetics than a workout like SL you gains will be more aesthetic which is what most people aim for
>burn more calories
It burns plenty of calories and raises your metabolic rate helping you burn more fat.
>motivated
Above anything else, that's why I love it so much I find it hard to stay motivated going any less

Fair

But you can do it 3 days a week so I was specifying doing 6 days a week instead, how revolutionary

It's as good not better, splits in general are just better than full body IMO after the first two or three months

Making decent gains and burning fat are mutually exclusive tho.

brosplits work every muscle group once a week though

It's a name fag do you get angry at people calling bent-over rows barbell rows because you think they're scared of bending over?

If you can't put on muscle and lose fat you're lazy or a retard

Is this good?
Push:
Flat Bench Press/OHP 4x5
OHP/Flat Bench Press 3x8
Incline DB Press/Incline Chest Fly 3x10
Lateral Raises 3x15
Dips/Overhead Tricep Extensions 3x8/12

Pull:
Deadlift 1x5
Barbell Rows 4x5
Chin-ups 3x5
Upright Row 3x8
Curl Variation 4x8-12

Legs:
Back/Front Squat 4x5
Romanian Deadlift 3x8
Hack Squat 3x8
Standing Calf Raises 4x30
Seated Calf Raises 4x30

If you think that is possible natty without being a rank dyel beginner, you're the retard m8.

fucking bollocks m8, i meant this for

Brosplits are 1x week, ppl is 2x
Retard
Also push has shoulders in too
There's two ways to do PPL
The one is to take a 3x week full body workout and spread it across 6 days by dividing the exercises per muscle group.
This is worse than full body because you are doing the same volume (same gains), but commuting twice as much to the gym (waste of time). The total time spent in the gym should be the same. It could be 3x2=6 hours full body, and 6x1=6 hours PPL. There is only a small advantage, in that some people can't bench as hard after 5x5 squats, which won't be an issue with PPL training, but it never bothered me personally. So maybe some people will find a tiny amount of extra gains there.
The second is to do the same exercises as above, but add a fuckton of accessories. So for example, you'd do lunges, farmer walks and calf raises on leg day instead of just squats and deadlifts. Or, you might want to do a ton of curls and all the row variations in the book if it is push day, for extra volume. Now you may be spending 1.5 instead of 1 hour in the gym. Now the extra commute is worth it because you are doing more volume. But, is the double commute and x1.5 time going to give you 1.5 times more gains? No, it absolutely won't. We're talking about a marginal increase.
If you have a 50 hour work week, this means 14 hours left in a day.
Minus 8 sleeping it's 6
Minus 3 hours commuting to and from gym and work, plus gym time, you have 3 hours to cook, eat, wash clothes, grocery shop, see your girlfriend or try to find one, shower, shit, daydream etc. It's not a lot of time. I'd rather have some extra free time 3 days a week than pump iron all day erry day
So, if time is absolutely not an issue, by all means, do PPL. You will look slightly better.
If you have round the clock obligations and extra hobbies, 3x FB is sufficient.

is SS -> 5/3/1 -> PHAT -> PPLx2 a good progression for a beginner? Been on SS for a couple months now and will probably stay on it for 3-4 more months before switching to a new program.

>Upright Row 3x8
stupid exercice

There is not really much to say, it is possible as long as you aren't like 50. It's not easy but it's possible

Because it's actually

Push 1: Chest, Delts,Triceps (Heavy Chest, Light Delts)
Pull 1: Back,Traps, Biceps (Heavy Back (Light Traps)
Legs 1: Quads, Hamstrings,Glutes,Calves (Heavy Squats, Light Deadlifts)

Push 2: Delts, Chest, Triceps (Heavy Delts, Light Chest)
Pull 2: Traps, Back, Biceps (Heavy Traps, Light Back)
Legs 2: Hamstrings, Glutes, Quads, Calves (Heavy Deadlifts, Light Squats)

Currently doing Stronglifts 5x5 while I get my diet fixed, then switching to PPL because all I want are the a e s t h e t i c s.

I hope you are not doing 2 sessions of deadlifts and then 2 sessions of romanian deadlift a week.

With the exception of people close to their natural limits or with low (like 8%) bodyfat, I'll say that. But if you want to gain muslce and lose fat at the same time you probably aren't either of those things

why so? and could you suggest an alternative?

I was wary of that too what could I change to make it better?

I think 5/3/1 is for people that are more advanced so might do Texas method or something similar then do 531

Deadlifts should be done on a pull day

>Heavy traps and heavy deadlift back to back
>Pull day before leg day to weaken your grip for deadlifts with pullups the day before
Retard

I think its "supposed" to be something like 1 heavy deadlift and 1 lighter variation a week. And that is enough.

Wrong
The deadlift is a hip hinge (legs)
Pull day exercises are elbow flexion and shoulder extension (lats and biceps)

but i do U/L with 1 days rest instead

OP here,

SS should only be done for 3 months so stop it's seriously not worth it. Honestly after that going to any spilt routine is a good idea, try them all and work out your favourite, for the reasons I put in my original post, I think PPL is the best and it is it a good overall template with lots of flexibility

Do that, SL is not like SS and tbf you could run it for years but for aesthetics running SL for 3-6 months to adjust to working out and then switching to a good PPL routine is great for a beginner.

>Not doing PPxPPxx with legs and abs casually thrown in
Retard

Really, I assumed because I does your all of your back but just your hamstrings it should be on pull

No it's two deadlifts and two RDLs

You are a dumb fuck. Truly. Stop giving advice.

I've never had an issue with grip strength training like that.

I've been lifting for 6 years now. Stop projecting your own weak grip on me.

>not doing xxxxxx and realizing lifting heaving things and putting them down again will never compensate for the inadequacy that plagues your mind every day as its an easy distraction and milestone giver that gives you the sense you are dealing with your problems and a fleeting sense of progress as meaningless numbers increase week after week while in reality you're a coward unable to face your fear and overcome the true challenges in your life

Apart from that my advice is good, well founded and accepted generally why am I dumb?

>>make better gains
>Proof?

Dorian Yates said on JRE recently that he only went 3 days a week during his competitive years. Also he only spent 45 minutes per workout. I spent the last year doing 7 days a week 2 hours per workout.... and I don't look anything like he did.

That programming is stupidly retarded. There is no fucking way you are gonna be able to work out 6 times a week and do 2 heavy deadlift sessions and then another 2 sessions of a lighter variation. Especially not for a newbie like you.

Well yes that's why I asked if you have an alternative idea?

not enough volume.
I'd add in cable isolation excercises.

>cable chest fly
>cable lateral raise
>cable tricep pushdown
at end of workout: 4x15 push ups

>cable rear delt fly
>cable rows
>lat pulldown
instead of 4x8-12 I'd do 3x10 sometimes in the middle and another variation 3x10 towards the end of the workout.

Also lose the upright row.
You're also going to have to add in obliques, abs, cardio and stretching at some point.

>lifting burns minimal calories
>being this retarded

Yates was also roided to the gills, no ones gonna look like him unless they are too.

Also 7x a week is just pants on head retarded.

been doing PPL for some time but I find it very exhausting and once the weights get serious it is really hard to recover, for instance after push day it is really hard to pendlay row and after pull day my hamstrings are pretty much dead which makes any serious squatting pretty much impossible

This is what I am doing and I love it. Going to the gym only three times a week was boring as shit.

Yeah it was a joke, although I also am riding the cycle.

>Proof?

I just do U/L. Allows for faster recovery and can go beyond failure on last set(s) and i´m in the gym for like 4 hours total during a week.

I know I didn't make all of the additions but my gym has no machines and I don't have long enough, is this good?

Push:
Flat Bench Press/OHP 4x5
OHP/Flat Bench Press 3x8
Incline DB Press 3x10
Lateral Raises 3x15
Chest Fly 3x12
Dips/Overhead Tricep Extensions 3x8/12

Pull:
Deadlift/BB Rows 1x5/4x5
Barbell Rows/Chin-ups 4x5
DB Row 3x18
Curl Variation 3x10
Shrugs 3x10
Curl Variation 3x10

Legs:
Back/Front Squat 4x5
Romanian Deadlift 3x8
Hack Squat 3x8
Standing Calf Raises 4x30
Seated Calf Raises 4x30

bumping for another answer

I just said do 1 session of heavy deadlifts and 1 session of a lighter variation a week.

What could I alternate with RDL's?

Wut

Your time calculations don't make any sense.

Say we spend 1 hour on the gym per workout, whether full body or PPL. If we conceptualize full body along PPL lines, then that's 20 minutes push, 20 minutes pull, and 20 minutes legs per workout, 3x a week for a total of 1 hour push, 1 hour pull, and 1 hour legs per week when doing full body.

In your first scenario, we're talking about a guy spending just 20 minutes in the gym per day, and nobody is going to do that. They're not just going to take their push exercises from their full body program, do only those, and go home. That'd be 40 minutes per week for push etc., so yes that would be inferior. If you bump your sessions up to 30 minutes a day, you match full body with 1 hour per push etc. per week. In reality, dude is gonna spend an hour in the gym, which means on PPL you're getting 2 hours of push etc. per week, literally twice as much volume as on your full body program.

The second scenario you outline makes no sense. You don't take 20 minutes of push exercises from a full body and turn it into 1.5 hours of exercises unless you want to. You can easily just add enough to hit an hour.

Anyone who goes to the gym 6 times a week leads a shitty unfullfiling life.

Full body twice a week masterrace.

>not skipping legs and doing PPxPPxPPx..

I do this

Just throw some squats in now and again

is this a routine critique thread?

A1/A2/A3:
>Dumbbell Bench HR / Barbell Bench LR / Barbell Bench MR
>Barbell Row LR / Dumbbell Row MR / Dumbbell Row HR
>Squat MR / Front Squat HR / Squat LR
>Curls LR / MR / HR

B1/B2/B3:
>Pulldowns HR / Chinups LR / Pulldowns MR
>DL LR / RDL MR / Goodmornings HR
>Seated OHP MR / OHP HR / OHP LR
>Dips LR / MR / HR
>+AB work

LR/MR/HR (low, medium and high reps respectively)

Am I retarded?

I'm doing a modified PPLPPLx where on leg days I just do 3x5 squats and then a ton of ab workouts. I find that strengthening my core really helps my other lifts.

You need a good mindset to do 6 times a week. If you have some sort of depression you will not lift as heavy as you probably can so lifting only 3 times a week on better days is better than force yourself to train more.

Lol
You are either terrible in reading comprehension, basic arithmetic, or both

Hello Blaha.

I find it the opposite, due to my depression if I don't go six times a week I can't stay commited

how do you do ppl if you have a home gym with just a power cage, bench, and dip bars

Easily, you only need free weights

this is a good start

I do PPLPPL at the gym Monday through to Saturday.

But I also have a home-gym, power rack, etc. On public holidays I'll train at home, you won't get an optimal session but you can do enough.

>Push
OHP
Bench
Skull Crushers

>Pull
Chins
Shrugs
Curls

>Legs
Squats
Deadlifts

I consider this my "minimal" PPL that I do at home if I can't get to the gym, where I incorporate dumb-bells and machines for additional volume.

>he doesn't row at all

I don't like barbell rows.

I do DB rows at the gym, hence why I go to the gym and only train at home if I absolutely have to.

4-5 days a week Upper/lower split is godmode. Two days of rest a week is perfect for recovery but not enough to cause lethargy. Dedicate 2 full workouts to take time with squats and DLs at high intensity, while using the other three days for bench/press and having enough gym time to hit all the particular upper body accessories needed for whatever hyper trophy you want to focus on. This system works perfectly whether you train for strength or bodybuild.

Nah.

Upper/Lower neglects the smaller muscle groups because smaller muscle groups can be trained often.

Upper/Lower works well for Bench,Squat,Deadlift etc. It does not work well for delts, traps, arms.

The fuck? You'll be hitting arms 2 times a week on a upper lower you dumbo

Do I get a nice floppy cock like his on leg day?

U/L is only good for lower.

Upper muscles (6)

Chest
Traps
Delts
Back
Triceps
Biceps

Lower muscles (4)

Quads
Hamstings
Glutes
Calves

You need Upper spread out more to get more effective stimulation for all those muscle groups in the upper body.

I wont pretend its some godly routine its just convientant for me.

Wife and 3 kids leave little time for gym but i have an L.A. Fitness across the street from my office. Can go to the gym for about an hour a day during lunch which works pretty well for PPL

>You need Upper spread out more to get more effective stimulation for all those muscle groups in the upper body.
Not really convinced of that

I do push/pull/leg but my leg day is literally 3*5 back squat, i'm done in about 15 minutes, warum included.

How can you not be convinced.

Do you actually think you're going to train Chest, Back, Traps, Delts and Arms all in 1 day as effectively as you would splitting all of that into 2 different sessions while still getting 2x weekly frequency?

It's called PPLPPLx, and this specific reason is why it's such a popular routine now-days.

This niggas dumb as fuck

Okay. I don't know. I haven't tried it out personally so i can't tell. I didn't know that was the thought behind splitting the push/pull in to a ppl. I thought it was the added volume you'd get from a ppl that mattered.

When you say you can't hit them as effectively does that really matter to a natty/regular lifter? My impression was that you could hit them enough and if you find one part lagging you can focus one day on that part or change the exercise order to prioritize what you didn't get to hit on the other work out.

There are two main things i read that is the drawback for ppl and that is you'll be using your arms 6 times a week and it can lead to overuse injuries on shoulders and potentially fore-arms and the volume is to much to recover from. Any thoughts on this?

i'm new to lifting and started scooby's intermediate workout this week, which basically seems to be a PPL.

wtf are these doms, they are fucking brutal

I add forearms to my leg day. Squats calf raises then farmers walks and wrist rollers

Im gonna start doing PPLxULx as an intermediate lifter

All of my bros are on it and shit is cash

post routine pls

Same, except I do it PPLPPxx

I just 'maintain' 2pl8 squat for 3x5 and I'm happy with that.

I did 3pl8 1RM before starting my cut so no real new goals in that area.

Isn't that PHAT?

This. PPL is just brosplit and you can't tell me otherwise.

If you wanna do push pull at least put them together

Gentle reminder that unless you've been training for a few years and understand the principles for gaining muscle, building work capacity and getting stronger, you should just follow somebody else's programming that knows what they're doing.

scoobysworkshop.com/intermediate-workout-plan/

thx

I don't have time for 6x a week.