Be English

>be English
>spend last few years reading history
>religious history of England and Europe in particular
>realise that Christianity is an immigrant religion
>polytheism more European
>Catholicism being the application of Christianity to polytheism
>want to now live according to my ancestors
>paganism ruined by neolarpers pretending to be witches and shit on the internet

How can I embrace my true culture and history without being lumped in with larpers?

Other urls found in this thread:

paganpathway.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12:the-proto-indo-european-religion-from-which-all-our-pantheons-are-derived&catid=2&Itemid=101
discord.gg/gUwfBH
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donar's_Oak
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>My true culture
>Lives in 21st century England
yea nah m8 u is a larper

Sacrifice someone by tying them to a tree and stabbing them with a mistletoe spear

You can't because the English aren't among the protected little poor poodles that the Jew has ordained must be shielded from mainstream criticism, therefor all of the world's hatred, criticism and vitriol is reserved only for people like you.

Be Christian, most of our accomplishments were under anglicized Christianity anyway... There's nothing terribly formidable or good with regards to Celtic or Germanic paganism anyways.

Whatever you do, don't be be a Celtnigger pagan like most English pagans seem to be.

Be gone, western culture destruction engine
My trouble is that my love of Europe and my cultural identity has left me conflicted. I've always been staunchly Christian but as my understanding of its history has developed, I no longer feel like it is right to identify with it

Embrace the bronze age british paganism before the Celts.

That’s what druids did
They tied people to an oak tree and stabbed them with mistletoe
If you want to larp as a pagan but don’t want it to appear as larping then sacrifice someone

>Druids
Celtnigger paganism is absolute trash. I used to have some sympathy for the Britons but after reading about their society and religion I came to the conclusion that they deserved to be annihilated.

Can you elaborate?

They had strange burial customs. Some did cremation others hung bodies or parts of on trees or towers. And they usually kept a head out the house to guard.

It is what we have. Islam has subjugated many millions of people; far more violently and inhumanely than Christianity, yet these subjugated people are staunchly loyal to it, in pure opposition to Europe and Christendom. If it is an identity you wish; then paganized Christianity is the only way that Europe can keep both a unifying identity and their own meta-identity, otherwise we're all just going to be steamrolled by the masses of bitter angry Jew pawns. As you can plainly see, what I'm saying is well underway.

>Roman sources tell us that the Druids, a group they actively sought to annihilate for not playing ball, practised human sacrifice. Therefore, it must be true :)
I love Rome, but even I know to take what they wrote about Druids with a pinch of salt. Especially because "le human sacrifice" was there go to means of defamation.
Start by venerating your ancestors. Find out more about them etc.

I agree with you in that I feel like Europe needs to cling strongly to its Christianity in order to not give leeway to Islam.
However I feel like Islam and Christianity are two sides of the same coin; Abrahamic religion is not native to Europe and modern Catholicism is simply Germanic Paganism with the important names and details changed to suit Christianity, therefore it feels more true to me to call myself pagan.
Is that what I'd call myself, Pagan? Heathen? Odinist?

I think "Retarded" is a pretty good one

Islam in Britain is adhered to by a trivially small number of people compared to the British population as a whole. There are no masses of angry jew pawns or whatever.

Christians frequently tortured people to death for being the wrong kind of christian or being a witch, or for wearing socks that didn't match. I don't see modern christians doing those things so I fail to see why modern polytheists would have to be sacrificing people.

Take your shitposting to Reddit or whatever, please
Will do. Thank you

Greek sources said the same about the druids
And there have been archeological finds, bodies with evidence of them being sacrificed

>Christians frequently tortured people to death for being the wrong kind of christian or being a witch
Still happens, not in the first world, but still happens

Agreed.
And in a century or so, your descendants may be claiming the same thing about Islam. Choosing one cancer over another is no choice at all. We must go back, use what we know and create new rituals and beliefs of our own in the spirit of the old ways. It's not like paganism was ever well defined anyway. The central idea - that you venerate your ancestors, your family, your land and your people - is something we can still actively partake in to this day. New rituals, stories and deities will be formed around this, and that's a great thing.

Why even bother posting, you have absolutely nothing to add.

There's a channel called Survive The Jive that specializes in English and Germanic Polytheism.
But keep in mind that all European religions come from the same Indo European religion
paganpathway.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12:the-proto-indo-european-religion-from-which-all-our-pantheons-are-derived&catid=2&Itemid=101

The Greeks hated the Celts more than the Romans ever did thanks to the near constant roughhousing on the boarders.
>We found some bodies next to what look like knifes, therefore they practised human sacrifice.
Archaeology is educated guess work at the best of times. Even archaeologists admit this. Particularly with regard to the Druids, archaeologists still say to this day that they don't actually know.

Yeah sure, not saying it doesn't, but I'm also not saying that first-world christians aren't really christians if they aren't killing people for really dumb reasons. Meanwhile, the people who love to shout LARPER at the top of their lungs at anyone who expresses even the slightest interest in modern polytheism don't seem to realize the hypocrisy here.

The only true faith is the faith in the Sky Father, Tengri
Only he can deliver this world from perdition

Thank you for the source. I've had a hard time finding proper information amongst larpers

You should have a better reason to convert than "muh ancestors," because obviously your ancestors converted to christianity at some point. If you truly want to become more spiritual, and take a naturalistic look at life, and think of nature as an expression of the gods and not just a playground for man made by some infallible all-knowing middle eastern war god, then paganism may be for you. Paganism is life affirming and encourages free thought, something christianity lacks.

Read a lot about the subject, and the pagan perspective on things, even from the Greeks and Romans and Icelanders. Just stay away from the racial theories or drivel about honoribu warrior culture.

discord.gg/gUwfBH

Where can I read about their beliefs of what happens after death according to them?

Actually just joined that Discord, thanks

It doesn't that Christianity came from elsewhere. It became quintessentially European.

Funny thing about Tengri is that 'The Sky Father' is the title also applied to Dyeus Pater, who is Zeus Pater, Deiwos, Juspater, Tiwaz (Týr), and all the other European Sky Gods.

>Just stay away from the racial theories or drivel about honoribu warrior culture.
Paganism without a racial element - a love and desire to conserve one's blood, family and tribe - isn't Paganism. Our forebears implicitly structured these systems of belief precisely to act as a mechanism for conservation.

>want to now live according to my ancestors

become catholic like your ancestors did?

Except he isn't interested in catholicism. Read his original post. He wants a faith that wasn't brought in from abroad and that means euro polytheism of some sort.

Is it really an immigrant religion when Britain and Jerusalem were both part of the same country when that religion started to become a thing?

I mean, Constantine, the guy who made Christianity into an accepted religion, was crowned emperor in Britain.

The roman empire wassn't really a country in the way that you are describing it. It was, well an empire and the various provinces were basically like countries that paid that imperial government tribute.

would recommend this OP it's good stuff, check out the reading list video on his channel

Almost all important English figures were Christians.

become a mormon

You can't, because the bronze age is over and the polytheistic religions were inferior to the new monotheistic ones. The old religions were based on tales and personally passed down traditions - they are lost and nothing will bring them back.
But you, you are a pathetic larper, no different from hippies who think that people in the stone age should be an ideal society just because they came before first. There is a big chance that your ancestors would have converted converted to Christianity if somebody told them about it and they would see that it makes more sense than hugging trees and muh warrior pride. Which they, by the way, did.

I have a serious question: Do you take all your historic information from /pol/?

>pulls shit out of his ass
>calls someone else a larper

Here, your ancestors realizing that their religion is shit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donar's_Oak

Why do people want to become pagan? What advantage does paganism philosophy have over any other?

>spread a foreign religion
>get hacked to death with an axe
Really makes you think...

>hacking people to death and then still converting is the only thing germanic pagan "philosophy" and religion has to offer

Pagan Gods are all petty assholes that act like children. Who in their right mind would want to worship them? The only thing neopagans give a shit about is the noble savage aesthetic. Modern Christianity is more Roman than Semitic at this point anyways.

>LARPing in the path of your shit stupid ancestors who lived in mud huts and worshiped trees
>All so you can distance yourself from the bulk of real western civilization: that of Christendom, of Rome and the Romance languages, of the spiritual wealth of the Middle Ages, the intellectual wonders of the Greeks, as well as all the great philosophy created under the influence Christian thought

Clearly you’re retarded, so I doubt this will mean much to you, but Islam is more affirming of European identity and values than Nordic Paganism is.

Fuck, I’d even argue that Hinduism has more to do with Western civilization these days than the drug induced idol worship of your snowmonkey ancestors.

Religion is the union of science and philosophy. Abrahamism is essentially a desert ideology thrust and imposed upon the races of Europe

>Christian takes European religion on face value because he thinks it's shallow garbage like the Torah
Imagine my shock

Europeans make me cringe

>Christianity is an immigrant religion
When will this meme end?

Remember that Constantine the Great was crownes emperor in York, and he doesn't want no pagans in Brittania

>Brittania
fucking idiot

The mere existence of modern polytheist constructionist movements contradicts the claims you are making here. These religions are being brought back whether you like it or not.

Are you saying that the Roman government exercised the sort of control over the provinces that modern nation states have over their own interior territory? Rome levied taxes, sure, but I would argue that it was more of a tribute in the latter days of the empire, and they recruited soldiers too, but you can get soldiers from tributaries as well.

Please, explain to me how the Bible is shallow garbage while your nature worshipping snownigger is so pathetic and poorly understood that it has never even been codified.

>>Rome
There's an obvious problem with the framing you attempting here. Rome at it's most powerful and wealthy was heathen. The intellectual wonders of the Greeks predate christardation by centuries, the romance languages are just mutated latin and would have existed anyway and spiritual wealth and christian influenced philosophy have led to the state of modern christianity doing all of jack and shit to stop muslim immigration into europe and britain in particular.

English culture was born of Christianity and Imperialism, the peaganistic culture you hark back to is the same as the Celtic inhabitants of the British Isles that has long since died out in most parts of Great Britain

How isn't it shallow garbage? It's a bunch of poetry and hilariously biased pseudo-historical accounts culminating in a executed criminal supposedly rising from the dead. Plus it's a long, dry and boring read too.

They are not brought back, people make new movements that barely qualify as religions using their name and aesthetics

You missed the point. If that is what constitutes as shallow garbage, then what makes Paganism "deep?" Though, I know the real answer already. It's simply because it's not as followed, meaning your contrarian ass will latch on to it until some other autistic worldview comes along.

That's your opinion dude, these religions had tons of variation in ritual way back when. You chose to discard the modern variations because you don't like modern polytheists.

I'm not the guy you were originally responding to, so I dunno honestly. You'd have to ask various polytheists what they get out of it.

The term "christard" exists for a reason, user.

Info-european religion isn't native to England. It's a foreign religion forced on the populace by invaders.