4/3/2/1 Equivalents in other sports

How do you explain 4/3/2/1 to normies?

What are some similar achievements in other sports/athletic events?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TzV4EZb2NMs
youtube.com/watch?v=8dzoTi7Zr4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>20 minute 5k
>100 pushups
>2.75m standing long jump

Is 4/3/2/1 based on anything?

I like the 5k and pushups ones.

I was hoping for running ones as I figured they'd be the most relatable.

Sorry, OP here samefagging.

I always took it as levels that are getting to be a solid intermediate value but ultimately chosen as they are nice round numbers.

I think the 20min 5k is a good example of this actually.

Just asking as I'm starting to tick them off but I don't expect anyone to have heard of them so probably won't be impressed.

Just hit 60kg press this evening.

>Just hit 60kg press this evening.
grats breh

>3:30 marathon

what would you relate to a 2/3/4/5 then?

sub 40min 10k

ohp is hardest to achieve 2pl8

I don't. It's a retarded and arbitrary "standard".

it'd be more accurate to have it be proportionate to your bodyweight ,but of course then for the Rippetoe fatasses it 3plate squat would be just barely about bodyweight.

>ohp is hardest to achieve 2pl8

iktf brah

t. 1.5/2.75/4/5

extremely similar stats here. I think a 2pl8 OHP is atleast equivalent to a 150-160 kg bench in terms of progress and rarity

Yea I would say so but it's also because my presses are shit compared to my lower body

>inb4 he fell for the SS meme

For me I found the lmao3plate squat to be the easiest lift.

lmao4plate I mean

wait.. 4/3/2/1 is 4 pl8?
I always assuming it was bodyweight

Dead 4x, Squat 3x, Bench 2x, OHP 1x.

I am 90kg, so Dead 360, Squat 270, Bench 180 and OHP 80.

I always thought 4/3/2/1 was fucking insane, but if it's 4pl8/3/2/1 that's laughable!

to put it in perspective, I make 5 / 4 / 3 / 1.5

Dead 220, Squat 180, bench 140, OHP 70

Do you know what's laughable?
>Your 1RM

lmao is it 4pl8?

what a joke

It's a goal for beginners. Any healthy adult male can do it in a year. It's not a hallmark of being actually strong.

Well, I've always heralded 4/3/2/1 as insanity, because obviously by bodyweight terms it is.
I've always seen these posts about how people broke 4/3/2/1 and calling it easy, and I'm nowhere near it in bw terms.
It'll take a while to let the change sink in

I don't do 1RM. I make 2/3 when I push for maximums - I like to pretend that because I can squeeze an extra rep my "real" 1RM is somewhere higher

4/3/2/1 isnt based on anything its just some arbritary number that kinda fit the strength proportions

Sub 60 second 400m

love it how OHP and Bench are the easier to achieve from 1/2/3/4 and they are the harder ones from 2/3/4/5

why is everyone so bad at OHP? i OHP 155lbs for 3x5 but have never benched more than 215lbs 3x5, squatted more than 275lbs 3x5, or DLd more than 315lbs (granted i haven't DLd in years). i'm not even manlet, i'm tall with long limbs.

as for the 1/2/3/4 thing, it's stupidly out of proportion if it's plates and way too much if it's bodyweight. some no-lifter probably though "huh this sounds reasonable" amd posted it and other no-lifter morons just started parroting it. 1/2/3/4 is one of the stupidest memes to come out of this board, and it's a shame everyone takes it so seriously. it's an awful measure for any sort of progress.

for me, it's because I had a shoulder injury from playing HS rugby, so my OHP and bench are fucked.

I played prop, so it really helped my diddly form (having to keep lower back straight for scrums) and gave me strong legs for squatting as well.

what would you say is more proportionate & would be a strength threshold from beginner -> intermediate?

That depends entirely on proportions. Short legged, long armed people will hit 3pl8 squat before 2pl8 bench

I got long arms and long legs. What do

ayyyy lmao mode

these upper body lifts start to stall hard somewhere after the 1/2 mark too, haven't heard of too many people that can go much beyond with linear progression (well, maybe iwth microloading)

it really depends on the person since bodies are so different, and it can be difficult to figure this out. of course, then the question becomes, is it worth figuring this out? no, it's not. if you're training for a contest, you know the numbers you have to make and strive for those. if you're training just for yourself, setting those discrete checkpoints really has no meaning to anyone but you. you should be striving to do better than you did last week (or whenever your daily check-in is), and you'll be fine.
as examples of why this depends on different people and the ways they exercise, consider the short man with short limbs vs. the tall guy with long limbs. one has a huge advantage in the deadlift and should expect to lift more there while being absolutely useless in bench/squat, whereas the other will have the advantage in bench/squat and suck terribly at deadlifting. consider someone who squats to parallel and someone who squats ATG like me. one is going to squat more, but i have to say that my legs are much bigger than a lot of people who squat more.

makes sense, thanks for the reply

>Not lifting 4/4/4/4
when will this board learn..

If you were explaining it to a martial artist you could say its like having a purple belt in BJJ

100 Burpees in 5 minutes.

>20m 5k
that's pretty slow though
I haven't ran seriously in 5+ years and I bet I could run a 5k in

one of the few that could get 4 OHP is eddie hall, and with him it's rather 4.5/7(pr from 5 years ago. can't find him maxing out recently)/9.5(?)/12 at his current point

after 1 yr of lifting i still couldnt make it to 4pl8 dl , i dont know wtf

Why are americans so fucking retarded

>Perfectly fine and reasonable OP with 1/2/3/4 lift
>ameridumbs decide it's a better idea to write it 4/3/2/1 because why the fuck not

you're probably the same guys who post the most recent picture on the left in progress threads

not amerifat, but you sound retarded.

left to right progress makes sense, as time elapses generally left to right, as well as people read left to right, unless they are terrorists of some sort.

who cares if you put 1 or 4 first. One is OHP, the other is DL, both important.

oh shit i used to lift there
was a pretty good gym

>didly
>important

Pick one fatso wannabe powerlifter

deadlift is what makes you strong nigger

>picking strength over aesthetics
>IQ under 5

Pick both, faggotron

I've got a decent OHP compared to my other lifts (110lbs x 5 @ 140lbs BW after 7 months). I think it's because I'm short. Short limbs is obviously an advantage, but short people also use their shoulder muscles a lot more in every day lifting where taller people wouldn't have to.

I will probably hit 1 pl8 OHP and 2 pl8 diddly in the same month at this rate.

I think a 13 second 100m dash

Depends on your build. If you're built to do it, deadlift is great. If you're not, you will probably get stronger at deadlifts by hammering away at squats, hamstring work and rows than by deadlifting more often. Some people just don't recover well from conventional dl

>2.75m standing long jump
>far away

?????

minute 5k
Nigger I was doing that when I was 14 years old

Think sub 18 minute 5k then we will talk

i'm not saying the numbers i posted are amazing, that's not the point. but for the average novice, they're roughly equivalent in terms of difficulty to 4/3/2/1. IN MY OPINION

>4 plate press
>3 plate bench
>2 plate squat
>1 plate deadlift
????

6:45min 2000m

>100 kg male
>expected to deadlift 400 kg
pls

Love seeing fatties 2x my body weight benching what I bench and acting like they're strong as fuck

that's way way harder than 4/3/2/1 and completely unattainable for many people.

Don't know what you're talking about here. Getting 4/3 was easy, literally just linear progression the whole time with no stalls. Bench and OHP I'm still having a hard time with. They are way more difficult than squat and DL.

I've always thought the 1/2/3/4 should be replaced by 1/1.5/2/2.5x bodyweight for each of the lifts.

A 1/2/3/4 at 200lbs is a lot less impressive than at 140lbs.

sure, but 4/3/2/1 is a meme and nobody cares that it is stupid

Cumming 5 times in 2 minutes

Is my stata close to 1/2/3/4
OHP 75kg
Bench 115kg
Squat 165kg
Diddly 185kg

>tfw 3 pl8 bench and STILL stuck at 3.5pl8 diddle

Yeah true. 7:00 is the real 4/3/2/1

2k erg ofc

Who here 3/5/7 masterrace?

No wonder the fat "powerlifter" has no perspective of how difficult a feat that is

Apologies for the above but my phone won't let me delete it so accept my apologies, I actually like you isley

I don't know how difficult it is because I had a 6:45 erg after two weeks of training and 6:15 when I did rowing as a sport.

Who suffers from a crippling lack of self esteem?

>2k erg ofc
ok that's different & i have no idea what's a good number

exactly, if "time elapses left to right" as you say, then the oldest picture should be on the left and the newest on the right?

you're the one who is retarded

if anything, it's the exact opposite on Veeky Forums: People here tend to have extremely good OHP compared to their bench. For example, your ratio is extremely unrealistic compared to any normal gym, where I see people with your benching sets not even pressing more than 105 for 5. Maybe if you were an olympic lifter I could see you benching only 215 while pressing 155, but hey what do I know everyone's different

I think it's due to the fact that a truckload of serious programs put the OHP as a main lift, along with bench/squat/deadlift, while most gym goer programs dont.

why would you just assume it´s xbw, you moron

>he can't ohp 4 plates after a year

Because if it is 4/3/2/1 pl8 it is easy as fuck and not a challenge. Why would everyone be gloating about achieving this?

it's literally a target for beginners, why can't they be happy about achieving it

the idea that some fatty would somehow reach 250 kg squat in a year is absolutely retarded

20 minute 5k is not hard fat boy

Sounds like you actually have autism if that stuff bothers you

I'm a sub-150lb manlet skelly on the cusp of 1/2/3/4. I dont know where that falls in terms of impressiveness, certainly it must be better than someone at 200lbs with the same numbers.

It's like telling a kid to make it to the end of the block without crashing after you take off the training wheels. It's not meant to be a goal for serious competitors or even intermediate lifters. It's the gateway between beginner and early-intermediate just like learning to watch your diet and actually sticking with a plan for more than a month is the gateway between fuckarounditis and beginner.

Yeah, I don't get why everyone is being an autist about this. If we were talking about being the best then thats some Boston marathon bullshit.

For a beginner being able to truck through a 20m 5k or a 50m 10k is good progress in the right direction. That's a lot of improvement relative to someone that doesn't work out. Looking at my progress log I started at 34m 5k / 80m 10k when I was but a giant lard-ass starting out a few years ago. Just because I can run

I get it guys, I'm just saying. I thought it was xbw, because I see a lot of posts from people who don't list anything but the fact they reached 4/3/2/1 as if it is some internationally reknowned milestone of impressive proportions.

I can now appreciate it for what it is,

Sorry. Our bad.

That is the most insane god damn thing I have heard in my life
Four
Fucking
Plates
Above
Your
Noggin

>20min 5k
I did a 18 min 5k sophomore year of high-school

youtube.com/watch?v=TzV4EZb2NMs (around the same time he benched 300 kg ~5 years ago as powerlifter big guy)
youtube.com/watch?v=8dzoTi7Zr4E
(actually close to fucking 5 plates now in 2017 as worlds strongest man, his overhead power is probably the best that has ever existed)

If Eddie manages a good return to powerlifting he will easily break a few more records in the big 3's, he's absolutely insane

congratulations

It gets even dumber because different people will tell you different standards for reps at each pl8.

100 pushups has to be the most overrated mark of fitness. Literally any non obese person can achieve doing 100 bodyweight pushups in less than 2 months period.

By the way guys, is 1/2/3/4 usually meant as 1 rep max, or 5 reps? Cause if 1 rep max, I can easily get 1 and probably 2 even though haven't tried max for bench, though not close to 3 or 4... shouldn't have skipped some of those leg days

So many retards talking of 1/2/3/4 as being easy, as reachable within a year when most of them didnt even reached 1/2/3/4 and are fat fucks

it was originally 1RM, relax faggot

why would you even take it that serious

I think it would be between 11 and 12 seconds, assuming that 4/3/2/1 equivalent is what an average, healthy male could achieve after a year or two of dedicated diet and training.

Kek my 10k is 41 min, haven't timed 5k, think I could do it in 15-16 min on a good day.

What? I'm not taking it serious, I was just mentioning my own lifts in comparison.

yeah, if i remember correctly i did ~13 seconds in high schools as a few others also could, it's not that good i think. 1/2/3/4 means you're an intermediate lifter

Sprinting is also more dependent on natural ability IMO. Humans generally respond the same way to weight training (getting stronger) which can be maintained up to 4/3/2/1 levels, and usually beyond if the dedication is there. I'm a lot more doubtful that almost any healthy man could run a low or sub-11 100m, even with optimal training.

Nope

Don't feed the trolls