Did he ever make any decent tactical/strategic decisions whether through blunder or intention?

Did he ever make any decent tactical/strategic decisions whether through blunder or intention?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kVo5I0xNRhg&index=1&t=919s&list=LLJyaG9XHLePybnANFCUT8rA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bluffing your way from a weakened and crippeled Germany in the early 1930's to the largest and most powerful nation on the continent aside from the SU took skill.

I've even read reports that the UK was willing to discuss returning some German colonies if Germany would chill out and not invade Poland but Ribbentrop was forced to decline by Hitler. If they had gained all that land in Europe + colonies and stopped at that they would have been genius and would be the most powerful state in Europe today if they had managed to de-militarize their economy without it collapsing (assuming that the SU falls apart again).

He decided to go with Manstein's plan during the attack on France. Generally, it should be considered however that most of what we know about Hitler's war time decisions is based on what his generals had to say about him after the war was over, who naturally had an interest in portraying themselves in a good light and possibly also pinning all the blame on Hitler for morally questionable decisions they made themselves or outright stupid decisions they made themselves.

He marched into the Rhineland at the time when world attention was turned toward the Italian war in Abyssinia.

He supported the Falangists in Spain, aligning himself with Italy after the Italians had dropped from favor of the British and French.

He made the decision to support the Runstedt plan and the invasion of Denmark and Norway, both of which were gambles but which paid off tremendously.

He approved the Molotov-Ribbentrop plan which ensured that he would get scarce resources from the Soviets. Resources he would use to build up his army and invade the Soviets with. In effect, he made Stalin pay the bill for Barbarossa.

He diverted X Fleigerkorps to the Mediteranean which immensly helped the Axis cause in that theater.

He supported the Iraqi coup d'etat, knowing full well how devastating it would have been for the british to loose Iraqi oil.

I meant the Manstein plan, not Runstedt plan

It kind of sucks seeing how excellent of a politician he was before 1939. So much wasted potential.

He had a grasp of geopolitical strategy like no other contemporary german. He rivalled the british in this regard.

Too bad he was a shitty general. He should have stayed a politician and not micromanaged shit.

On the dancefloor he did. I dont know where disco went bit I sure as hell know where it came from. You would understand how he sent a nation mad if you saw that sweet groove

>Did he ever make any decent tactical/strategic decisions whether through blunder or intention?

Stop learning history from memes in Veeky Forums and others shitholes. Germany was literally steps away from victory. They lost by very specific, but decisive, bad calculations.

>They lost by very specific, but decisive, bad calculations.

like the calculation that they could defeat the soviet union with their tiny army

Sirens on Stukas.

No, like the delay and the troops lost in the attack on the Soviet Union thanks to Mussolini attacking Greece. Or that a general decided to send more troops to Moscow and not to Leningrad as Hitler had planned at the beginning.

Fuck off mongoloid.

All of someones good decisions are outweighed by a single bad one.

He made a single bad one that countless others made before him. Invading Russia is pointless.

>Rheinland bluff
>Munich treaty
>R-B pact and the following backstab
A plenty. Germans are masters of insidia.

Too small? Yeah.
Tiny? No. A tiny army can't launch the largest invasion in human history. They gave it their all, it just wasn't enough. There isn't really any particular strategic or tactical mistake you can point to and say "this cost them the war."

As statedhe had an amazing track record everything pre-soviet invasion even Barbarossa far exceeded any of his high commands expectations but as we all know it was almost doomed from the start and he still got pretty close besides the end we he decided to keep moving the Panzers from central to south army group also his biggest mistake was not utilizing the 100's Panther's in the first day of d-day to push back the allies because he believed the main assault was yet to come, he could have easily crushed the d-day landings and extended the war a little longer but he still would've lost.

>Dude Russia is too big and too populated, Germany could never beat them in a wa-

>attack earlier and get stuck in Rasputitsa
brilliant idea

It can be argued fairly that Germany had absolutely no chance of winning ever. The logistics just were not there.

Yes, when he removed himself the planet.

youtube.com/watch?v=kVo5I0xNRhg&index=1&t=919s&list=LLJyaG9XHLePybnANFCUT8rA

I honestly thought this was going to be hitler disco