239lbs was considered morbidly/comically obese in the mid 90s

>239lbs was considered morbidly/comically obese in the mid 90s
What happen

Fat Free foods and Sugar Lobbyists making sure that fat free was marketed as the way to lose weight while at the same time pumping these foods with double the amount of sugar and ensuring there was never a % of daily sugar intake on Nutrition labels.

This man gets it, lobbyists are a cancer to society and should be exterminated, Congress should be forced to reinstate laws making it illegal only then can we truly begin to fix the damage done.

Oh mama. That is truth right there. Extreme greed is just terrible. Capitalism is great, but when people exploit it for personal gain, that's when it gets DIRTY! Of course it's also the consumers job to stay informed, but USA, that's a special case... Food regulation was messed with for CORPORATE GAINS! Now I'm not saying the government should control everything but some things should stay out of the large corporations hands! And people wonder why the rich get richer while the poor get poorer in the united states... (and everywhere else too desu)

>I don't understand capitalism and market economics: the post
Please tell me this is a copypasta. If not, please get back to your graphic design degree

Alright I will! Sheesh. The mouth on some.

239 at 6ft btw.

>high fructose corn syrup

Sugar is our century's tobacco, calling it now.

bulking became a meme

Kek your post made me happy user

Fact. I can't wait for the day when fast food companies are put out of business because it's illegal to sell poisonous trash to people

Your economics is wrong and your shit's all retarded. The problem isn't not enough government regulation, the problem is too much government regulation. If the government wasn't passing regulations or subsidies that favored certain industries and corporations, we wouldn't have the corporate lobbying and the exploitation of government influence. Not saying that corporate lobbying is a good thing, far from it, but you need to cut off the source of their power, which is the government. Also, the rich have been getting richer, but the poor have not been getting poorer. The poor and the rich have both been getting richer, just not at the same rate; the rich have been getting richer faster than the poor have been getting richer, leading to a widening wealth gap. I also think that is a problem, but if you can't correctly diagnose the problem then you certainly won't be able to fix it.

As much as I'd like this to be true, it's simply not.

Because the truth is that everyone already sees the effects of sugar and fast food and overeating in general. You see the disgusting fat slobs dying off and everyone already knows why its happening. The same wasn't true of tobacco, where we slowly discovered how bad it was.

This.

Fat people no longer have an excuse for being fat. These fucking fat retards that demand fast food and sugar corporations be regulated or shutdown are idiots that are already walking towards the podium to receive their Darwin Award and they're blaming everyone else for their inability to self educate and lack of self control. If it wasn't food they'd just have some other addiction that would take them out.

You can learn an entire nutrition course just by Googling on your phone, and if you want to know if a double whopper with cheese is good for you or not, you're a drain on society for not already knowing it's bad for you but you can still take the 5 seconds to Google the answer.

This. Exactly this. Spot on.
Yes, lobbying is a big issue too but it's par the course. Obesity isn't just caused because of sugar, it's because Americans are retarded and overeat/drink. Do you know what percentage of Americans start the day with fruit "juice" or coffee with a ton of lightener and sugar? Probably most. They see the pounds packing on and ignore it. That's not the corporation's fault. They only exist to make money, not make people fat on purpose.

>Fat
>Anything but a self control issue
How DARE these companies make eating cheap? Somebody should make the government stop me!

Mid 90s people, especially Americans, were still very traditional and held true to most Christian values. 3 meals a day, eating meals together at the table, 'strict' parenting that enforces moderation (only 1 cookie, kids).
What I'm trying to say is that traditional families don't exist much these days. Mom doesn't want to cook shit, Dad doesn't want to talk to his wife/kids, kids don't want to talk to anyone that isn't on the opposite side of the world via a screen, etc.

almost like capital distorts society in negative ways

this picture ENRAGES ME

Sneeds Feed and Seed

>capitalism is great except when people exploit it for personal gain
>fundamental tenet is pure self interest

consumers can't test their own water for chemicals etc so they delegate a group to do it for them called government. but when your government is bought by then interests of capitalists it fails.

> not make people fat on purpose
Oh yeah, I'm sure big pharma is very sad about obesity in the US, the insurance business is crying and the food industry hates the addictive quality of sugar+fat together.

Is this a lost redditor? Or transcendant bait? I can't tell, and that makes it beautiful.

You do realize that if capital was not a motivator, your phone or computer would never have been produced, right? Fuck off commie retard

While this is all true here in the UK our labelling is much better... But people are just getting fatter and fatter. I think people will put shit in their body no matter what is advertised or lobbied. If you took away sweets I wouldn't be surprised if they'd turn up on the black market in illegal sweety labs.

Sugar is a drug that gives temporary boosts of happiness + makes you fat. It actives parts of your brain that trigger reward when you haven't really done anything. Maybe in future our bodies will rewire this natural instinct but to a certain extent all this bullshit marketing is just between brands/products on convincing which shit food is your shit food of choice to slowly kill yourself with.

"Big sugar" did not create the sugar market. These companies do their business strictly because it makes them money and people keep buying their shit. They're no different than cigarette companies. There's already studies about obesity and cancer yet retards still consume in record quantity

It's 2017 and we still have threads like this on Veeky Forums.

Now it makes sense, this place is full of noobs.

>sugar is da devil

Fucking noobs.

You're joking, right? Most of the food industry is subsidized. And I'm not seeing these studies plastered on mac n' cheese boxes with pictures of dead children.

> These companies do their business strictly because it makes them money
I never said they don't. This is the objective of any business. I was only pointing out that your "they just want to make money, not make people fat on purpose" is wrong, getting people fatter is good for their business so they obviously want it.

The average person was shorter in the 90s.

show bob and vagene pls

BASED vagene poster

Yes, but it still distorts it less than the alternatives

What's up food industry shill

you tried

>vagene
Howard Stern/Borat go home

I agree 99% but this is not Veeky Forums related and topic absolutely guaranteed to derail thread with all the retarded 15 year old right wing vs left wing echo chamber sheep that make up 80% of Veeky Forums

Most of the negative effects of tobacco come from the literal poison the tobacco companies add to the cigarettes. Additive free tobacco is very tame when smoked and is pretty much harmless when vaped.

The reason why they began adding poison to the cigarettes was to later conduct studies linking "tobacco" to illness and then get the government to regulate the industry, making it much much harder for competitors to arise and take a part of the market share to already established companies.

Most, not all. And the ones still there are a health risk that's not worth it. Nicotine itself has CV health risks, though that is decreased with vaping. Though if you're vaping, you may as well start carrying a purse to complete the look.

I couldn't agree more.

I absolutely love the traditional family, and I look forward to raising a traditional christian family.

That's called 4D Chess. Poison your own product just to keep competition out through inevitable government regulation. That's wicked smart and just wicked at the same time.

We discovered that 240lb is the ideal size for a woman

what a pity. she would look good if her wight was in order.

Notice how there's not a %DV for sat fats, unsat fats, fiber, etc. either? Because they give you the %DV of carbs and fats. No need to put it on both carbs and sugars. Take your bullshit conspiracy theories back to /x/

>at least he can see the number

Gotta get those fucking wights in order man.

Your economics is wrong and your shit's all retarded.

Demerit goods, such as processed foods are overconsumed due to the lack of knowledge of the long term negative externality of consumption, and its corresponding price, which is lower than it should be - as the market doesn't take into account such costs to society, but only private costs and benefits.

Therefore, government taxation is necessary to include the cost to society in the price, and government intervention is also required to subsidise merit goods to take into account the benefit to society, and decrease its price to a regular consumer by a corresponding amount.

>those traps
fuckin mirin

You could say the same of war.

She's more like 340lb though.

>le anyone who isn't a capitalist is a communist meme

I thought wanting to live in the 50s was a tumblr thing

those kids are gonna make it.

What the hell is this nutritional table for??

People got even fatter

1 can

gotta be a can of soda with that caffeine and sugar

>I don't like corporations
>I don't like phones or corporate products
>... B-but you're the one in the 50s!
You do realize pure capitalism is the opposite of communism, right? By saying you don't like capitalism, you're automatically moving towards communism. Even centralization is a step towards it, and I have every right to call you a commie
Goddamn, the people on this board don't know shit about economics. You can't talk shit about corporations when you voluntarily buy their phone or computer, and pay for their electricity and internet. kys

pajeet pls.

>I was 239 at some point in my life

I don't know if I'm taller or shorter than Homer though.

In fairness, Homer never trained an ounce of muscle in his life.

He's 6ft

Relax fella, get some fresh air

I think a lot of Americans also have a tendency to think more one dimensionally when it comes to certain foods.

People can recognize that soda and deep fried shit might not be the best for their health, then go out and drink fruit juice that's been drowned in sugar and is about as many calories as a soda, or drink syrup based coffee instead of freshly brewed. But it's not a soda and it has fruit in the name, so it must be better, right?

Americans can identify shitty food marketed as shitty food, but can't seem to identify food that pretends to be healthy.

Epik rebuttal
Not an argument
Etc

>13 carbs from sugar is the same as 13 carbs from spinach
Centrists are scum and deserve to be removed with the rest of the trash

it still is in non retarded country
i wonder where you are from

He went to a night gym.

A carb is a carb and a calorie is a calorie, stay mad vegan cuck.

39g of sugar holy fuck

I've seen more. I think a can of mtn dew is 45+. A twist-top Pepsi is over 100 and my boss drinks two a day

>tfw you want a traditional family but know you'd have a personality/beliefs conflict with 99% of the kind of partners/their families who would also want it

239...damn that's like - making it for some people these days

>Notice how there's not a %DV for sat fats, unsat fats
There are, just not on that specific label

Fippybippy and holy shit how is there not a percentage for sugar?

same

>Notice how there's not a %DV for sat fats, unsat fats
There are, just not on that specific label.

This person is much more than 240, I would guess she's either at or over 300 pounds because that fat storage tank of a stomach is massive.

The sad thing is that I would have had sex with someone like this just two years ago. I spent my 20's in relationships with all different types of people (skinny, fat, short, tall, etc), but towards the end of my 20s and into my early 30's I just settled for overweight women and when my last ex went over 400 pounds I broke it off last spring and have been single since. I just can't deal with obesity anymore. It's such a fucking turn off and is indicative of severe personality, physical, and mental health issues.

I also got fat but am almost back to 190 and working through this cut like a champ.

as a european this picture is exactly how I see americans. not that they are that fat or ugly or whatever but they are just victims to their corperations. all they care about it brands and social signaling, they feel like part of a special club when they own an iPhone and they go to Starbucks because they recognize the brand and feel like they are part of something bigger.

The reality is most of these brands provide subpar quality for too much money, instead of going to Dunkin Donuts because I recognize that brand from the commercials I would much rather go to a local Donutplace which has way higher quality for a better price.

But in america it's all about social signaling and fitting in which is absurd. Instead of being unique these people would rather be average and fit in, god forbid you do something different from the average person.

>there are hominids in the current year that are this ignorant

These two people are morons. and 220 to 240 sounds about right for her looks.

If I remember that episode correctly, he started at 239lbs, with a goal of 300lbs and overshot his goal on account of the towel rack

I unironically think the average american has lost the ability to think critically and they just buy the products the ads on TV have told them to buy. they have been fed so much misinformation in various tv shows, books or newspapers that they have no idea what they should believe and have therefore just given up.

and that's ok because others do it as well right ? in japan you would get shamed if you are fat but in the US... well not so much anymore. and what people in Japan consider excessive probably wouldnt even be called chubby in the US anymore. I think a big problem is just the general acceptance of being fat, they almost make it seem like achieving an athletic body is something only professional athletes can do.

Wrong episode, this is the one where he reads the scale and then pretends to exercise for a bit before Marge tells him not to strain himself

Japanese people don't have the time or money to overeat.

Youre on to some truths about economics and government regulation. Its important to note that once the government regulates something, that departs with capitalist ideals. You cant have true capitalism AND government regulation.

The wealth gap has to do with awful monetary policy, which drives the world to unspeakable circumstances.
Lobbyists are angels compared to bankers.

Economic freedom and liberty is congruent with a Veeky Forums lifestyle.

This post is mumbo jumbo bullshit.

You sure? I might be wrong but pic related

>capitalism is great
liberals get the bullet too

They're different episodes, trust me. The art style for both are too different.

Get fucked commucuck, your own "comrade revolutionaries" will tear you apart with infighting before we have to come in to mop up the mess :^)

It's probably the episode, where Homer dances with a stripper, bart records it with a spy cam and the whole town thinks he is a casanova

jokes on you, i'm an armchair ideologue who's never been politically involved in his life

The funny thing is that even 300 pounds is considered nothing today. Not by me because that's a fucking tent sized fatty, but that's like a slightly overweight guy now.

thiccer

Same desu, but joining the national guard is tempting just so I can spray antifa dipshits and nazi cosplayers with tear gas

The media and certain political groups justify obesity and try to shift the blame for obesity from the person to someone else, it's always someone else's fault that you are obese (usually this ends up being the white male/patriarchy). As political correctness grows so will obesity normalisation, you can't stop this unfortunately aside from not being obese yourself and not giving into this bullshit

Then of course there's the corporate greed factor as companies (fast food, sugar etc) try to sell and advertise their products in the best ways possible (you can't blame them for trying to make more profit and greater margins under the globalist and capitalist systems) and again you can't really fight this on a meaningful level

the only thing to take away from all this is to remain fit yourself and know that obese people, however accepted and normal they become, will die younger than you and suffer from a greater range of negative health effects

how to break out of wight mode Veeky Forums?????

dream job tbqh

unironically gomad