Does Intermittent Fasting even work anymore

Does Intermittent Fasting even work anymore

I've been doing it for over a year. Only one meal per day, so I was basically doing 23.5 hour fasts daily. Every now and then I would skip a day altogether and go for a 48 hour fast. One time I did a 72 hour fast too, but on the morning of the third day I started feeling dizzy as shit so I didn't try it again. Lost nearly 65 pounds/30 kg in the first 3-4 months but the rest of the year has been a stalemate. I'm still doing it, since I actually like eating one huge meal per day, but weight is staying the same. Wtf should I do, I'm already eating at a deficit, did IF malfunction for my body all of the sudden?

did you recalculate your TDEE after losing all that weight?

you might get too little calories. in this case, your metabolism simply adapted. try increasing food overall by eating more nutrient-dense foods on that one meal or by increasing number of meals. if you don't work out already (or so some other type of sports), you should start (or try increasing intensity if you do).

Yes

Oh fuck can metabolisms do that? Fuck me. Eating more sounds counter-productive but I'll test it out for some time

What do you weigh now and how tall are you?

Yup that's why so many biggest loser contestants get fucked up because they cut so hard so fast their body thinks it's fuckin dying. It's a survival mechanism.

How much do you weigh and how many calories are you eating a day?

I weight 107kg/235 pounds and I'm 1,83m/6ft. I'm eating about 2600 cals per day, all in one meal, while doing MMA training (cardio) 3 times per week and weights 3 times per week.

>eating 160+/- grams of protein in one meal

Iron stomach or gainless skelly

eat less you fat piece of shit

Drop it to 2100 and make sure you count everything that goes in your mouth and don't add calories for working out.

stfu I'm supposed to be eating 3000 cals per day to lose 1kg/2lbs per week but I'm already eating 500 less

but fuck me, I may actually need to eat even less, since my weight is stuck on the same place for 7 months

The thing you said was just another way to say "I hate your guts lol faggot"

you're eating too much senpai

t. 1500 calories a day

are you eating grains and processed carbs and other shitty food? are you drinking diet soda? are you consuming anything but water during fasting periods?

>but fuck me, I may actually need to eat even less, since my weight is stuck on the same place for 7 months

ay yo hol up, looks like we're dealing with a rocket scientist boyos.

No fucking shit. How did you do literally the same thing for 7 months with zero progress it not occur to you earlier to try something different?

Well I kept trying to but always failed because fatass autist

Only water during fast, no sodas and I need to cut down on grains yes

You can't stay in calories deficit Forever, you must switch between periods of "normal eating" and intermittent fasting

You Just notice this but if you stay in strong deficit for too long your body and metabolism slow down and you don't loose weight

Op i would seriously recommend you read the book the obesity code by Dr Jason fung it will answer all your questions regarding a plateau like this better than a post will on here

As other anons said, cut more your calories and count everything.
If after a week or 2 you're still not losing weight then probably you need to get a diet break.

Alright, I'll do that. Thanks anons.

Look at the bright side...after all that progress, you still have plenty of calories you can take away for more cutting before you get to truly insufficient intake. If I don't consciously eat more to bulk I will still consume roughly 1700 calories a day, weighing 155 at 6'1" with 1-1.5 hours workout daily. You'll got plenty of room to make it bro.

Reduce cals by 200 and see what happens, keep going down by 200-300 cals at a time until you're happy with the rate you're losing weight.