What would Britiain and by extension the British Empire look like if Edward VIII hadn't abdicated?

What would Britiain and by extension the British Empire look like if Edward VIII hadn't abdicated?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.ie/entertainment/books/the-truth-behind-the-wallis-myths-26766286.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing would change

He was much friendlier with Germany than his brother was. But he might also have been more supportive of Churchill early on as things got inevitably worse.

Might have been a more dynamic public presence for the Crown itself. No need for a new heir means no Queen Elizabeth having a televised public coronation later, which means no Prince Philip, which also means there’s no Charles to meet Diana.

But Wallis Simpson was an utterly garbage-tier human being, so I just cannot see the British allowing her to be queen.

He gets exiled to Canada and has to fight a Communist British government, Canada annexes New England too.

>take back UK
>forced to give up Canada and play as broke post-commie shithole britain
I love Eddie but fuck that shit

Just do the T.E Lawrence coup

You do realise that British monarchs are figure heads with zero say in policy right ?

They do shape it, and are the symbolic head of the Church
The head of the Church marrying a twice divorcee? Who is not even Anglican, nor liked by any of the elites, whether politicians, royalty or nobility.
And Edward sympathized with the Nazis.

>But Wallis Simpson was an utterly garbage-tier human being
Why is that?

She was american

The way she got Edward was by treating him like shit, he was into that
She wasn't liked by anyone in Edward's life
There's a reason, beyond appearances, that she wasn't welcome in anything having to do with the Royal Family.

Do all nazi sympathisers have problems with women?

Possibly, it appeals to a certain type of person

Found an article about her personality
independent.ie/entertainment/books/the-truth-behind-the-wallis-myths-26766286.html
Not sure how trustworthy it is, but it basically points out the reasons no one liked her, but Edward

>The way she got Edward was by treating him like shit, he was into that

/ourking/

Legislative power =/= influence.

The crown wields significant influence.

I don't think it's fair to say he was a Nazi sympathizer, he just wanted to keep them around as a communist deterrent. Edward apparently always had a distrust in Germans because of his experience in WW1.

>Do all nazi sympathisers have problems with women?

You're a retard or what? He was trated like shit be a woman.
The next thing you say is "go back to /pol/".

Didn’t Charles do exactly that

It wasn't that bad, Charles married an Anglican British woman with noble blood who divorced once

Charles also chose a woman who actually respected the crown (and the man wearing it).

part of me think invading Poland would be a deal breaker for him too

no one really wanted to fuck with the nazis until they started breaking shit.