Why do c*tholics worship mary...

why do c*tholics worship mary? where did they get this idea from when literally nowhere in the bible does anyone pray to her?

Other urls found in this thread:

w2.vatican.va/content/pius-xi/en/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-xi_enc_11121925_quas-primas.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Rome#Decretum_Gelasianum_and_damasine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_tradition
youtube.com/watch?v=7YgNrEyKtNo
youtube.com/watch?v=aotG1mL5gs0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Mother of God, and Queen of Heaven, has her son die.
She dresses in sackcloth and ashes and mourns the death of her son for a period of time.
After that time, her son is miraculously raised from the dead, and she celebrates the first Easter.

Am I talking about Mary?

No, I'm talking about Semiramis, the wife of Nimrod the Hunter, of Babylon, builder of the Temple of Babel.

To this day, Catholics:
Mourn with ashes on their forehead for 40 days;
Fast or give up something for Lent for 40 days;
Celebrate Ishtar.

Catholics are not Christians.

Catholics are Babylonian pagans.

They don't you retard, that's Protestant propaganda.

by the way, your pic should be entitled "Israel", not Mary. The woman of Rev 12 is the nation of Israel, not the mother of Jesus.

Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death Amen.

So Christianity is pagan? Or are you anti-Christian in general? Biblical passages supporting the use of ash as penitential rite:

Job 42:6
Esther 4:1
Jonah 3:5-6
Daniel 9:3-4

Intercession isn't worship. It's not even close. There also isn't anything in the prayer that isn't already supported by Scripture anyway.

We don't worship her. We ascribe importance to her due to being the mother of Jesus. Praying to Mary is like praying to any other Saint; it is a prayer intended for God, but meant to also have us focus on emulating the good qualities of that particular saint.

Luthercucks btfo.

>worshipping a woman
Fucking FAGS

I love Our Lady more than words can express and will resolve from this day forth to always serve her. My own wants, vanities, and delusions mean NOTHING and I pray that Mary my mother may occupy every inch of my soul and edge out these foul human vices and fill that space with her own holiness, her own perfect humility, her own serene peace, her own perfect union with her Son our Blessed Lord, of whom every blade of grass, every grain of sand and every wisp of breath in the cold air proclaims the presence and the glory.

Accept the goodness of Our Lady into your heart, take her as your personal confidant, express your love for Christ through her and keep a sense of her presence and blessing with you all day, every day during our sojourn on this earth and you shall never, ever fail or stumble.

Know Mary, know peace.

No Mary, no peace.

Make the right choice, my brothers and sisters, whatever your denomination may be. Our Lady is waiting for you. She has always been waiting for you.

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

Pray for us, oh Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Catholicism is pagan.

Christianity is a permanent transformation from a spiritually dead human being into an eternally living new creation in Christ Jesus.

Way to miss the point, papist.

What you do exactly mimics what Semiramis did, and not Jesus.

Because you're a Babylonian pagan whether you know it or not; you allowed yourself to be duped by the False Prophet of Mystery Babylon, aka the pope. And every pope before him.

>We don't pray to Mary.

Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death Amen.

Love. Adore. Venerate. Pray to. Idolize. Have idols of. Praise. Sacrifice for.

That's worship.

She's Semiramis, Queen of Babylon, and she's in hell. I doubt you'll be able to identify her from among all of the billions of lost souls there, on fire, in the dark, forever.

>Intercession isn't worship. It's not even close
it's a bit close tho

>missing the point providing evidence from the Old Testament
>you must be Catholic to point out how wrong this is
>didn't even read the post and put words in my mouth so they could argue the same point anyway
Wew, lads.

You're pointing out that other people mourn with sackcloth and ashes, just as the Queen of Heaven, and Mother of God, Semiramis did.

Note I never said that Semiramis was the only person in history to ever mourn thus.

You absolute dolt.

>We don't pray to Mary.

>We don't worship Mary.

Pope John Paul II said, “The truth of the Assumption, defined by Pius XII, is reaffirmed by the Second Vatican Council, which thus expresses the Church’s faith: “Preserved free from all guilt of original sin, the Immaculate Virgin was taken up body and soul into heavenly glory upon the completion of her earthly sojourn. She was exalted by the Lord as Queen of the Universe…For the Mother of Christ is glorified as ‘Queen of the Universe‘.” (9)

“The Church… been accustomed to have recourse to that most ready intercessor, her Mother Mary … For as St. Irenaeus says, she ‘has become the cause of salvation for the whole human race.‘” (10)

Pope Pius XI said, “What will it cost you, oh Mary, to hear our prayer? What will it cost you to save us? Has not Jesus placed in your hands all the treasures of His grace and mercy? You sit crowned Queen at the right hand of your son: your dominion reaches as far as the heavens and to you are subject the earth and all creatures dwelling thereon. Your dominion reaches even down into the abyss of hell, and you alone, oh Mary, save us from the hands of Satan.” (11)

(9) Pope John Paul II, Redemptoris Mater (On the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Life of the Pilgrim Church), Encyclical promulgated on 03-25-1987, #41.
(10) Pope Paul VI, Christi Matri
(11) Pope Benedict XV , Quas Primas (On the Feast of Christ the King), Encyclical promulgated on 12-11-1925, #18.

>We don't worship Mary, Part Deux:

Pope Benedict XV declared, “To such extent did Mary suffer and almost die with her suffering and dying Son; to such extent did she surrender her maternal rights over her Son for: man’s salvation . . that we may rightly say she redeemed the human race together with Christ.” (12)

“God has committed to her the treasury of all good things, in order that everyone may know that through her are obtained every hope, every grace, and all salvation. For this is his will, that we obtain everything through Mary.” (Pope Pius IX: Encycl., Ubi primum, February 2, 1849.) — [p. 12, number 12]

“O Virgin most holy, none abounds in the knowledge of God except through thee; none, O Mother of God, obtains salvation except through thee, none receives a gift from the throne of mercy except through thee.” (Pope Leo XIII: Encycl., Adiutricem populi, September 5, 1895.) — [p. 12, no. 13]

“If it is impossible to separate what God has united, it is also certain that you cannot find Jesus except with Mary and through Mary.” (Pope Pius X: Allocution to the Franciscans, November 12, 1910.) — [p. 14, no. 20]

“Every day, as the Church herself recommends, priests will recite the Holy Rosary, which, by proposing for our meditation the mysteries of the Redeemer, leads us to Jesus through Mary.” (Pope Pius XII: Exhortation, Menti nostri, September 23, 1950) — [p. 14, no. 23]

(11) Pope Benedict XV , Quas Primas (On the Feast of Christ the King), Encyclical promulgated on 12-11-1925, #18.
(12) Pope Benedict XV, Inter Sodalicia, 1918
(13) Pope Francis I , EWTN Global Catholic News, pronounced on April 23 in the Apostolic Palace’s Pauline Chapel.

>We don't worship Mary.

there are only two, and both are about Mary: her Immaculate Conception (declared by Pope Pius IX in 1854 and grandfathered in after the First Vatican Council’s declaration of papal infallibility in 1870) and her bodily Assumption into heaven (declared by Pope Pius XII in 1950).

*only two ex cathedra statements

Both deify Mary and demand she be worshiped.

>her bodily Assumption into heaven (declared by Pope Pius XII in 1950).

On the cross, Jesus gave John the Beloved Apostle care over his mother.

After that point in time, and until 95 AD, John the Beloved wrote five, count them, five books of the New Testament.

Had Mary been taken alive into heaven, any reasonable person would note that John would have added it to one of his five, count them, five books of the bible.

And yet the bible says nothing.

And yet it is an "infallible" Catholic teaching, 1850 years later.

The notion that a religion isn't going to adopt norms and practices mentioned in important and founding texts is the point. Being disingenuous so you can constantly walk back your mistakes is pretty poor form. You very clearly insinuate - or through deliberate omission hope this is so or perhaps the post is rushed or poorly written so this is the only choice available - that this practice is exclusively pagan and therefore Babylonian. That is exactly how the post is constructed.

>Note I never said that Semiramis was the only person in history to ever mourn thus.
Than why bring this up at all and ignore the points I made about Old Testament sources? It is absolutely baffling that you would take this stance specifically, especially in regards to a religion that claims to inherent its divine message from an older one.

If you had been honest, and said, "I think focusing on the New Testament exclusively makes more sense for X reasons relating to this specific point I mentioned," that would have been something. But you didn't do that. Instead, you did exactly what I described above.

Here's your (You)

Are you 4264744?

>w2.vatican.va/content/pius-xi/en/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-xi_enc_11121925_quas-primas.html

Doesn't have that passage. The previous two don't really support what you're saying. Got a link to the one you reference as (11)?

>worship
The Catholic Church organizes reverence into three forms
1.Dulia
2.Hyperdulia
3.Latria
Dulia is the reverence we give to saints in asking them to pray for us and honoring the work they have done on earth. Hyperdulia is the honor we give to Mary, as she is the daughter of the Father, spouse of the Spirit, and Mother of the Son. She is queen of saints and plays a enormous role in Gods plan of salvation. Latria is the worship we give to God and God alone. Never do we ask saints or Mary to bestow graces or virtues, those can only come from God, we do ask them to pray for us and carry our intentions to God, as they are within His realm. (Revelations 5:8)

ishtar
queen of heaven
venus
isis

all the same

Catholic here. You're retarded. TheHail Mary is literally the most popular prayer in catholicism

So you admit Roman Catholicism is merely an extension of Mystery Babylon, thus making the RCC the Whore of Babylon, and the pope the False Prophet.

Good.

I never suffer a lack of you's.

Look harder.

Sweetie you're talking to people who's catholicism doesn't extent beyond deus vult memes and jerking it to fantasizing about virgin gfs you meet in church (which they don't attend)

Really? I haven’t attended Mass in years but I always remember the Our Father being the most used

Here's your list of quotes from your "Vicars of Christ" and other notable pagans:

“Who can worthily thank thee and adequately praise thee, oh Blessed Virgin, who by thy fiat has saved a lost world.” St. Augustine

“The foundation of all our confidence is found in the Blessed Virgin Mary. God has committed to her the treasury of all good things, in order that everyone may know that through her are obtained every hope, every grace, and all salvation. For this is His will: That we obtain everything through Mary.” Pope Pius IX

“Sinners receive pardon by the intercession of Mary alone.” St. John Chrysostom

“All those who seek Mary’s protection will be saved for all eternity.” Pope Benedict XV

Benedict XV, Inter Sodalicia, 1918: “To such extent did Mary suffer and almost die with her suffering and dying Son; to such extent did she surrender her maternal rights over her Son for: man’s salvation . . that we may rightly say she redeemed the human race together with Christ.”

Pius XI, 1935, in a prayer to close a jubilee, we find the first use of the word Coredemptrix by a pope: “O Mother of love and mercy who, when thy sweetest Son was consummating the Redemption of the human race on in the altar of the cross, didst stand next to him suffering with him as a Coredemptrix.”

Pius XII, in a radio broadcast in 1946: “Mary, for having been associated with the King of Martyrs in the ineffable work of human Redemption as Mother and cooperatrix, she remains forever associated with him, with an almost unlimited power, in the distribution of graces which flow from the Redemption.”

Paul VI, Christi Matri. “The Church … been accustomed to have recourse to that most ready intercessor, her Mother Mary … For as St. Irenaeus says, she ‘has become the cause of salvation for the whole human race”

I guess you didn't go to confession more than you want to mass.

The pope their god told them to do it

She's basically an ersatz Freya for the collective germanic uncoscious

I don't get it, if she's the mother of god, doesn't that mean that she's a goddess? That doesn't only break monotheism but also breaks the internal trinitarian law and implies jesus is both the father and the holy spirit.

Hell doesn't exist user, the only mention of it is a mistranslation of gehennas, a shitty slum outside of jerusalem. It only gained prominence and continued to meme throughout history because it makes it easier to convert people.

>be me
>be a Protestant
>oppose Roman Catholicism and think they worship Mary
>sometime later actually read a book on Mariology
>feel strange
>this isn't what I've always thought Catholics believe...
>Read another book, watch a Mariology course, read a history of Marian devotion
>Realize I had been ignorant about what Catholics actually believe about her
>Start noticing that 99% of everything my fellow Protestants say about her is incredibly ignorant, just like my beliefs used to be
>realize 99% of my fellow Protestants have never studied Mariology, but get all their information from conspiracy theory anti-Catholic websites
>Start praying the rosary, experience how Christ-exalting and Christ-centered it is
>Eventually become Catholic specifically because of Marian devotion and how it increases love for Jesus

Catholics adopt pagan practices in order to convert populations.

Just look at all the new world paganism, like day of the dead.

are you american?

there's a lot of american lies and misunderstandings spread about catholicism. I've realized pretty much all the stuff my prot parents said about catholicism is false, but they don't know any better tbf.

there is a hell in all Semitic and Indo-Aryan religions user

You ask her and the Saints to pray for you, you need it.

>pray FOR us

Could be that the woman represents the ctholic force.

For a true monotheistic belief, you must worship all aspects of God, because God is the ALL.

Yes, but God is dualism yet not the dual, but you have to include the dual to explain the whole of being non-dual.

Existence is two forces playing around, where does the branches of yggrassil (the universe) take root? What lies beyond the big bang, at the fringes of the expansion of the universe, it exists yet it does not? It births existence through existence itself?
That is the feminime force, the branches, Thor striking his hammer creating lightning to fill the gap, is the masculine force.
God is both.

the space in which it grows is the feminime force.
That in which fills the gap is the masculine **

Catholics love the idea of purity and virginity

proties still mad

Because it's not the real Mary.

It's the ancient pagan goddess that was worshipped by all the pagan civilizations.

The "Mother of God" or "Queen of Heaven" that Jeremiah preached against. The harlot, the whore that rides the beast, etc.

Catholicism is a crypto-pagan religion.
It is the devil's counterfeit church as opposed to the real deal (Biblical Christianity).

Literally not, read about the 7th Ecumenical Council.

>Just by simply existing the pope will forever trigger Protestants

Amen brother

what fuck is this garbage? This reads like a shitty webcomic

Worshiping involves a God. Mary isn't a God.

when you were naughty, do you go to your abusive drunkard father or your compassionate, supernice mother to admit you have been a bad boi?

haha made me laugh,
yet alill sad 2, cus i put effort into being comprehensible :/

Catholics -- literally Roman pedos with a Jewish waifu

They don't worship her

How does Biblical Christianity work if Bible was composed as we know it now by Catholic Church

like dude
really

>asking Mary and the saints to pray for you is the same as praying to them in worship

>Bible was composed as we know it now by Catholic Church
It wasn't.

It was man
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Rome#Decretum_Gelasianum_and_damasine

>wikipedia

If you want academic citation there you have it
Geoffrey Mark Hahneman, The Muratorian Fragment and the Development of the Canon, Oxford University Press, 1992 - pages 158−161

mommy issues

>replying to crazy proddies
Stop it, guys.

No. There are innocent lurkers, who might believe them.

Freya puts out though.

>muh council
Consensus existed centuries before yuh council, kid. The Jews wrote, compiled and even translated the Bible for you. You're exactly like a nignog claiming black inventors made civilization.

The NT canon you're familliar with was still decided by Early Church. The reason you can point to Bible is the One, Holy, Apostolic and CATHOLIC Church and there's literally nothing you can do about it for it's a Will of God Himself.

> You're exactly like a nignog claiming black inventors made civilization.
better a nignog than a heretic who calls Mother of God a "harlot", "whore" etc.
Both ancient West and East agree that Mary is worthy of veneration. Title Θεοτόkος was canonically approved by Council of Ephesus by bishops from all of Christendom. I can't imagine how prideful one has to be to think that generations of Christians "got it wrong" and you, some proddie on Veeky Forums, know "better".

>If I say that heaven is exalted, yet it does not equal you, for it is writen: “Heaven is My throne”, while you are God’s place of repose. If I say that the angels and archangels are great — but you are greater than them all, for the angels and the archangels serve with trembling the One Who dwells in your womb, and they dare not speak in His presence, while you speak to Him freely.

Repent before it's too late.

>engaging in the practice of the greatest LARP and fan fiction religion in all of human history
Stop it, Catholics.

Quote any bible versus of her existence.

>Early Church
Which isn't the Church you're talking about.

>the One, Holy, Apostolic and CATHOLIC Church
How about I call my denomination the "One True Church of the One and Only God and His Truths"? Does that make my teachings more true? No? Then stop it with the name fallacy.

>a heretic who calls Mother of God a "harlot", "whore" etc.
Who?

>Both ancient West and East agree that Mary is worthy of veneration. Title Θεοτόkος was canonically approved by Council of Ephesus by bishops from all of Christendom.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

>I can't imagine how prideful one has to be to think that generations of Christians "got it wrong" and you, some proddie on Veeky Forums, know "better".
I can't imagine how prideful one has to be to think that generations of Jews and Christians "got it wrong" and you, some Romans who were having gay orgies and Saturnalia riots last year, know "better".

>Repent before it's too late.
You mean before you cut my head off like you did during St. Bartholomew's Day massacre? Sorry, but my God (perhaps as opposed to what you think the woman whom you made your Goddess told you) forbids me to murder people.

>Which isn't the Church you're talking about.
There is clear continuity of Early Church towards what is known as Roman Catholic and Orthodox Churches. Both of those Churches differ very little in terms of theology, if bitterly, and both agree upon veneration of Mary, which is older than Great Schism by 600 years.

Protestant churches OTOH differ wildly in all things concerning theology, except for hatred for bishop of Rome (funny how you forget that Orthodox exist). Why would I listen to off-shoots of an off-shoot while there is an established Tradition going to earliest Church Fathers? Even Scripture itself mentions Tradition (Thess 2:15).

>How about...
How about you will educate yourself on Four Marks of the Church.

>who?
People like this guy >m-muh fallacy
gee, who should I trust, desperate american proddie or bishops from 431. Who's bigger authority on Christian religion? Who knows better proper form of Christianity? Oh well, I guess I'll never know.

>I can't imagine how prideful one has to be to think that generations of Jews and Christians "got it wrong" and you, some Romans who were having gay orgies and Saturnalia riots last year, know "better".
*Romans and Greeks
FTFY
You discuss now with both Western and Eastern traditions. Whole ancient Christendom agreed upon those doctrines.

>You mean before you cut my head off like you did during St. Bartholomew's Day massacre?
Before you lose your salvation.

>Sorry, but my God (perhaps as opposed to what you think the woman whom you made your Goddess told you) forbids me to murder people.
t. witch-burner

why do pr*testants believe in the rapture? where did they get this idea from when literally nowhere in the bible does anyone say it's going to happen?

Attached: IMG_2544.jpg (576x432, 29K)

t. Protestant Filth

The Church that rejected the council of Ephesus was converting Genghis Khan's children to Christianity centuries before the Reformation.

The main disagreement with the Church of the East was concerned with Christology of Nestorius, not mariology.

>There is clear continuity of Early Church towards what is known as Roman Catholic and Orthodox Churches.
The Early Church was Jewish. Catholics and Orthodox are the opposite of Jewish.

>an established Tradition going to earliest Church Fathers?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_tradition

>Even Scripture itself mentions Tradition (Thess 2:15).
You have to be fucking deluded to believe that Jews in the first century at the time when the Temple was still there would teach the Roman Catholic tradition and not the Jewish Midrashic one to Gentiles who accepted the Jewish messiah.

>How about you will educate yourself on Four Marks of the Church.
Oh, then to you that term means Christianity as a whole? Then stop using it to talk about yourselves.

>gee, who should I trust, desperate american proddie or bishops from 431
The one that has arguments and not "muh we've been doin dis and people agree with us." The more your beliefs rely on human elements, the least trustworthy it is. The Catholic faith utterly collapses if you don't suppose, as a pure act of faith, that God abolished the Old Testament and even parts of the New one to give all doctrinal authority to an organization that you have to suppose to be infallible and fully consistent. Mine doesn't: there's reality that God revealed through Scripture, and if 100% of men (including me) interpret it the wrong way, so be it. Tell me which is more prideful.

>Who knows better proper form of Christianity?
I'll ask you that question. Who knows better proper form of Christianity? The apostles in the first century who were taught by Jesus, or bishops from 431? Hint: they don't agree.

>Whole ancient Christendom
If you don't count those who the other ones slaughtered for keeping the Sabbath, yes.

>Before you lose your salvation.
I've already lost it for you. Remember the least prideful words Catholics have ever said: extra Ecclesiam nulla salus.

>t. witch-burner
I am not a secular from Renaissance.

Former Protestant here who saw how illogical and inconsistent his faith was and how dependent it was on the 500 year old traditions of men.
I am so thankful I became Catholic. It is more logical, biblical, and theologically consistent.

Attached: 470eba4976fc82654195c403ab900b96.jpg (657x920, 131K)

>the title of Mother of God was offensive to their ear, and they measured with scrupulous avarice the honors of the Virgin Mary, whom the superstition of the Latins had almost exalted to the rank of a goddess. When her image was first presented to the disciples of St. Thomas, they indignantly exclaimed, "We are Christians, not idolaters!" and their simple devotion was content with the veneration of the cross. Their separation from the Western world had left them in ignorance of the improvements, or corruptions, of a thousand years; and their conformity with the faith and practice of the fifth century would equally disappoint the prejudices of a Papist or a Protestant.

Edward Gibbon, on the St. Thomas Christians of the Church of the East

lol. quoting an historian from the 18th century. Yea, because historiography and new evidence hasn't come to light in the past 240 years.

Kinda correct, kinda not.
Both Sheol and Gehenna are mistranslated as Hell, and are two different concepts.
In Judaism, particularly the Tanakh, Hell as you know in Christianity did not exist. Sheol is more akin to Hades where all souls end up. Gehenna, the later concept, is more akin to Purgatory. All wicked souls who end up there can repent, or purified, after a certain period of time. After being purified they are granted a place in the world to come, another later concept. However, if the souls are unable to repent/purify they are destroyed from existence. Eternal punishment isn't exclusive to Christianity, but it wasn't apart of Judaic tradition.
You protestants are disgusting when it comes to accepting and denying the OT when it suits your agenda or views.

Was St. Thomas actually in India (if he actually existed)? If not, how did Christianity end up there?

Why do you not worship Mary? Because you are hateful protestant.
>literally nowhere in the bible
>literally
That's not how Bible should be read.

Thank you, that proves Mary is timeless and who doesn't worship her is wrong.

>Catholicism is pagan.
Are you jealous, protestant cuck?

Attached: pallas-athena-standbeeld-voor-het-oostenrijkse-parlement-wenen-oostenrijk-tegen-de-blauwe-bewolkte-h (800x533, 64K)

>False Prophet of Mystery Babylon, aka the pope
Typical interpretation by protestant brainlet

Semiramis is in heaven (OURANOS), hell is built for protestant cucks.

Stabat Mater
youtube.com/watch?v=7YgNrEyKtNo

>the branches
the 7 pillars of Sophia(Mary)

Imagine being this retarded.

eternal punishment as a concept seems like something that doesnt fit with scripture or tradition, unless punishment just means separation from god. hell, hell even being an actual place seems pretty unlikely to me

Space? Or emptiness? Stop or Brake of anything which is Brage's song.

>eternal punishment as a concept seems like something that doesnt fit with scripture
literally what?
Jesus says, " ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” Matthew 25

And elsewhere:
And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, 48 ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ Mark 6

Revelation 20, also:
And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven[b] and consumed them, 10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Attached: 195e9506c0774fe3a965eaeb76a8202b.jpg (1536x921, 267K)

im talking about the conception of hell being a place where you are tortured, inferno style. it seems more likely the punishment and torment are just the result of realizing that you will never be united with god

That thou wouldst bring them only death,
That thou shouldst spare none,
That thou shouldst pardon none
We beseech thee, destroy them.

It seems that at least someone died in southern India preaching Christianity near the very beginning.

Immigration from the Persian Empire and conversion of Brahmins and the Jews that were there made the community grow, or at least introduced Christianity. Now the community (in Malabar) is divided with one group claiming to descend from those immigrants.

East Syrian Christians of west Asia also claim Thomas is the founder.

Astounding: Major Christian Branch Worships Hand Shaped Idol - You Won't Believe What Happens Next

Attached: image-550x384[1].jpg (550x384, 39K)

>why do c*tholics worship mary?
because I love Madre Tonantzin

youtube.com/watch?v=aotG1mL5gs0

Attached: 473412d54befee230b83938a782cfd6c.jpg (1280x960, 126K)

Imagine having this much no argument.

Attached: flower.jpg (225x225, 17K)