So in the last 2 years I've gone from 650+ pounds to 480 last month the only exercise I get is standing/walking at work...

So in the last 2 years I've gone from 650+ pounds to 480 last month the only exercise I get is standing/walking at work and walking on the weekend 30 or so minutes and occasionally doing cross kneed girl push-ups. I would like some advice on how to start a workout regimen that would preferably be not to hard on my knees and lower back. Pic related my fat body scrunched up

your body looks like a curious robot

If you have decent medical insurance, seriously consider consulting a Physical/Occupational Therapists. They're whole deal is exercises that are a simple starting place to getting stronger/being more mobile.

My insurance is ridiculously expensive

Just by walking your legs are already getting a godlike workout dude, don't worry about them.

Focus on mobility. Walking, swimming and doing arm and upper body light lifting.

Stretching is very important as well.

Also I can get around pretty good I work an 8 hour standing/walking job and do yard work at home my knees just really hurt to bend too much

Then I'd say to take up swimming, short of drowning it's hard to hurt yourself. Once you are more human sized you can worry about strength training.

Thanks user I guess I'm just impatient I want to be able to squat and workout hard and stuff but my body just doesn't seem to be ready

Another question is how would I know what an ideal weight would be for me? I'm 23 years old 6 feet 3 inches tall with thick bones

user you do a 480 squat everytime you get out of your chair.

Just walking down the street for 30 mins is a harder workout for you than I can in 2 hours in the gym. All in good time dude, you gotta lose 200 or more pounds before you worry about free weights.

Walk as much as you can, swim and do very light upper body work (machines would be great for this). You'll be fine.

Don't worry about ideal weight, when you get low enough that it makes sense, start tracking body fat percentage.

Thank you for being a genuinely helpful and good person :')

NP dude, just keep at it and keep losing weight. You can do it man. You've already added years onto your life. Now add a couple decades more.

That's really great progress, keep at it and don't give up and I can guarantee you'll be healthier and happier. Like others have said, swimming is great. Your diet is really important as well.

roleplay, obama made it so that your fat ass wont pay more than twice what a healthy athlete at 20 yrs old pays.

But if somehow real... for you anything is exercise. You could sit there and rotate your arms in circles for 3 mins at at time without stopping and it will help. Lay on back, lift legs as high as you can for as long as you can.
Just roll around a bit

>650 pounds

who employs a morbidly obese person?

>Not recognizing an user who just engaged in the most epic bulk of all time and is half of the way to cutting to greek god mode.

never gonna make it.

>op is morbidly obese
>does something about it
>still obese, but wants advice how to do even MORE about it and lose MORE weight.
>user's "Dude you're fat!"

A rare instance of OP not being a faggot, but anons being absolute mongoloids.

Thanks everyone who wasn't being an ass I'll post in a few more months when I've lost more weight I appreciate the advice, the support and with a few exceptions the human decency you've shown me tonight

All you must do is literally walk everyday. Get something that can be used as a standing desk and put your laptop or something on there, so when you are browsing the web, you are standing. Standing is good for you. Watch caloric intake, that is the most important. All other forms of exercise are tertiary. Walk and stand until you are under 300 pounds.

As stated, literally just walk little more or even move your arms just a bit. Keep your arm raised as long ad you can walking, then switch hand. Get some light weight dumbells and lift long sets. Once you get to like 250-280, consider workout regime.

t. OP

Walking and swimming would be great for you. Swimming especially.

How did you get so big?

Man you just lost 200lbs all by yourself. Keep doing what you are doing. You are gonna make it brah.

You already did the hardest part, it will be easier now.

I went from 290 to 205 (still losing) by mainly doing big walks and about half way through I started doing basic weights at home (dumbells - which I wish I'd started sooner because they're hella satisfying)

So yeah, for now just walking and weights will do you fine bud. Keep at it, you're going to make it if you want it bad enough.

Why are you suggesting light lifting? As long as he's sitting down and not stressing his knees, heavy lifting, probably with dumbbells, seems like fair game to use up a shitload of calories so he loses weight faster and comes out of a cut looking great