Resting heart rate thread

Resting heart rate thread

Just checked mine 4 times and it's 56bpm pretty impressed since last time I checked it a few months ago it was in the high 80s

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/476052/Exercise-mad-British-pensioner-found-to-have-world-s-slowest-EVER-heart-rate/amp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mfw 90

laid back day...

Do you guys drink coffee?

>47 resting bpm
>Caffeine
Pick one desu senpai

>resting heart rate is 86-88
>blood pressure is 88/50 in the morning, 115/80 during the day.

what the fuck is wrong with me?

>Tfw unemployed
>Tfw run 5 miles a day because bored
Don't drink any caffiene because it doesn't matter when I wake up.
>Tfw somehow not skelly

Nah I don't drink coffee

The world record is 26, the tour de France winner was 29, what do you gain by lying?

If that's true I may have actual meaning to my life. Show up to my doctors office I guess. Do they have flights to Beatrice Nebraska?

Just been doing some research you're either potentially one of the fittest people on the planet or you have a medical problem which could be dead serious, if you're not lying to see a doctor brah

Does caffeine really fuck up your heart rate by a significant amount? Sorta hope I'm not killing myself slowly with how much coffee I drink. I think it's literally impossible for me to quit. The withdrawal would probably kill me.

t. significant coffee drinker by finnish standards

lots...

Caffeine acutely increases your heart rate but it doesn't have any long term effects on it.

I pretty much just run whenever I run out of clay pigeons. So I'm running probably 3/4 of my waking hours. I'll stop in at the doctor but it's kind of expensive. Are you sure the record is in the 20s? I've been 20-40 my whole life.

The record is 26 in a healthy human, if you have a medical condition I don't think I counts

google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/476052/Exercise-mad-British-pensioner-found-to-have-world-s-slowest-EVER-heart-rate/amp

How far should I run before taking a reading? I've run everyday for probably 10 years now and I want to know what I should be aiming for.
I've never run less than 5 miles.
I just tear through the roads and don't really feel tired, I just keep running, I only stop because it starts to get dark.

Not him but yes, 20-40 is really, really low. Never seen one IRL ever.
A normal one is in the 70s. Pic related is mine.

Huh, well do you guys have a recommended app for tracking heart rate? I might be able to start a new record for Veeky Forums

M8, just take your own pulse, it's easy. Index and middle finger over the wrist, on the thumb side. Count for 15 or 20 seconds, the multiply by 4 or 3.

>tfw 1 beat a second
It's so comfy

84 right now after a huge meal. Am I kill?

No, your heart beats faster after you eat since it needs to pump more blood to your gut. Even if you hadn't eaten anything, 84 is perfectly fine.

Have you people never taken a health class? It was mandatory in my HS in Texas.

Find a pulse on your wrist or neck (most common and easy to find). Use the pads of the index and middle finger. Never use the pad of your thumbs you'll find your own pulse which'll confuse some. Put a stop watch for a minute or 30 seconds and count how many beats you get. If it's one minute that's the final result, if it's 30 seconds multiply by 2. Wouldn't recommend any other increments.

t. CPR certified pharm tech

Stopped running a few months ago but it looks like my resting heart rate is the same

I've taken my own pulse on it and people are calling me out saying it's wrong. That's why I'm asking. I believe I can keep my HR under 50 and run multiple miles.

Apps that don't connect to some kind of separate hardware are not particularly reliable.

46 last I checked. I swim a lot

Right, and I understand that. How can I run and prove my heartrate without it? Do I need an outside official?

Run with someone else and have him check your pulse.
Buy a heart rate tracker.
Have someone check your heart rate at rest and if it's low enough, 50 after exercise is reasonable.

Cool I can get my neighbor to do it. I'll check back in as cardio king if I'm confirmed.

Or you have bradycardia and you're going to die young

Stable bradycardia doesn't really affect your lifespan.

how long would I have to do cardio to bring my shit resting rate of 92 to the 60's?

62 under at least 500 mg caffeine in the past 4 hours , not bad .

Was high 80s last year
Fatty on a cut

Just incorporate cardio into your routine it's worth it

>tfw was a cross country runner/ wrestler in hs and rhr was around 48, with a bf% of 7.2

Fuuuuuck, I miss that body. Brb, going for a run.

Not sure how long it'll take to get there but you'll at least feel a good difference in as little as a couple weeks.
Do some HIIT, 40 seconds all out cardio, 20 seconds of resting rate for up to 15 minutes. I like doing it in between lifting days. If you go to a gym you can do it on different machines, doesn't have to just be treadmill. I personally like an elliptical, go between half the resistance and max.

Is the ratio for HIIT supposed to be 2:1 for working vs resting?

My resting heart rate is low 50s high 40s. I usually lift 5-6 days a week in the morning and do BJJ/Kick boxing training after work. Its good cardio. Although I have to eat like a maniac to keep the gains

75 right now. Had coffee a few hours ago, but I don't think it ever goes under 70 unless I'm sleeping.

49 here, haven't done proper cardio in like three years, only weight and a lot of walking.

I'd say 1:1 or 1:2 is optimal (working:resting)
1:3 when you're starting out to get some basic conditioning, then switiching to what I've mentioned before (and add more sets)

This is about average for me.

I have 90-100bpm while resting. So answer is yes, it does.

Hypovolemia

Yeah I just went to the gym and did 10 minutes of 40 sec all out cardio and 20 sec of rest

Im on clen,fairly active,weigh 61kg and 177cm tall,my resting bpm is like 120,for 24 hours everyday

how many calories do you think i burn daily?

Read the sticky

>48
after drinking 20oz of coca cola which I can feel the effects of the caffeine from

>clen
>61k
>177cm
what

i have fairly high bodyfat(around 17%) and want to become lean before starting lean bulking

How do you lower your heart rate besides eating healthy? Do you just do cardio and make sure you intake enough potassium daily?

>Do you just do cardio
Google "aerobic zone". You want to be in that zone during cardio.