Question to boxers

So, do we have any boxers here?

I bought this book, "Workouts from Boxing's greatest champs" years ago, and it's really just hitting some bags, cardio, sometiems sparring, sometiems not, sometimes calisthenics, sometimes not.

Is that really a typical boxer's training? Is it really such a skill sport?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Fzc_kSFO9A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dat punk ass bitch wouldnt last a SECOND if it was an MMA fight.
dumb nigger thinks hes tuff cus he won

why would anyone make excuses for connor? he lasted 10 rounds. if anything floyd is the bitch who was constantly hugging and turning his back and needed 10 rounds to win vs some amateur boxer training for few months

Mayweather outplayed him, plain and simple.
The experience gap in the ring was pretty obvious.

People don't speak like this, especially as the first reply to a thread. Stop samefagging, it's cringe. If your shitpost is any good people will reply naturally.

When was the last time a mma fight purse was over 50 mil.
Floyd makes people tune in to see him get ko'd but he never does.
>Put on tecnical boxing clinics against people in the top 10 atm.
>Have a skill set that is very specific to the sport he competes in.
It can be frustrating to watch but that is pro boxing.

Lets not forget trying to bait McGregor into illegal hits so the ref would penalize him.

>Is that really a typical boxer's training? Is it really such a skill sport?
Yeah, basically. Its all about getting really good and efficient at movements you do in boxing, not gassing out and learning how to outplay your opponent using the tools you have in boxing. Same shit with any other combat sport desu. Muay thai, bjj, judo, sambo, mma, boxing, kickboxing, etc.
>. if anything floyd is the bitch who was constantly hugging and turning his back and needed 10 rounds to win vs some amateur boxer training for few months
Conor was fighting dirty af here, gassed out towards round 10 and dropped his hands and started to get fucking rekt by floyd and was constantly going into clinch and doing dirty shit in it. Floyd won, fair and square. If you dont like boxing, dont watch boxing and dont do boxing, but dont blame boxers themselves. Blame the game, not the player.

you could see that he was getting more and more frustrated by the retarded rules boxing has. all you need to do is turn around. no wonder this meme sport isn't popular anymore

>dropped his hands
Connor never had a guard to begin with.
>retarded rules boxing has
Then why did he accept the fight?

"Just hitting a heavy bag"
Put on an intervall timer with 3min boxing, 1min rest and 12rounds. Then we will see if its that easy. Boxing is one the most tiring sports, since its very much like HIIT + requires strength

take a wild guess

It is more aerobic than grappling.
I guess that is why most boxing trainers preach road work so heavily.
He still made over 100 mill, the night was a success shut the fuck up.

He came to a boxing fight and agreed to fight under boxing rules and trained for it and lost and got his money. Again, if you dont like boxing, nobody forces you to watch boxing, nobody forces you to do boxing fights. Nobody forced conor to do that fight. Hell, he was the one who came up with that idea in the first place. I dont go around shit talking taekwondo for example. I dont like the sport and will personally never watch it or do it, but i am not gonna disrespect people who do it.
>Connor never had a guard to begin with.
Thats a good one.

>He still made over 100 mill, the night was a success shut the fuck up.

that's what i said. everyone that isn't retarded knew that he had very little chance against floyd in his own sport. he did it for the money and nothing else. he doesn't care what some boxing fans think of him because he will never again compete in it.

thank god i didn't pay 99$ to watch them hug and constant turning around for those 10 rounds. i don't know how boxing fights are in other weight categories but that was horrible and boring to watch.

I am not roasting, he holds his hands down to put his chest into punches, you know how the facia can help you rebound out the bottom of a bench, he does that with his punches.
Link explains it better.
youtube.com/watch?v=9Fzc_kSFO9A
>Inb4 yt shill

OP here. I wa simplying it's imple, not that it's easy.

Also Boxing > MMA, everyone outside the US knows that, even the laymen. Did anybody really expect Connor to win? Fucking weird.

>I am not roasting, he holds his hands down to put his chest into punches, you know how the facia can help you rebound out the bottom of a bench, he does that with his punches.
Not a particularly good idea in boxing, because of how distance works in boxing vs mma. Dropping your hands like this in mma is ok, because you are going to stay further away from your opponent, where it will be safe and will not really stay on a medium distance, because in mma its more dangerous than in boxing, because of knees, takedowns, elbows and shit like that. In boxing however, shits different, your opponent will likely be on a medium distance and from there a lack of guard would be really dangerous for you.
More over, you arent even supposed to use your chest for punches. You get the power from your hips rotating and then get your stability from your shoulder so all the power transfers into your opponents body.
Well, i dont need to explain any of this. Just watch the fight and see for yourself, conors strats didnt work out for him very well in boxing. Conor can do whatever the fuck he wants too, as long as it works for him.

Yeah he punched with minimal hip twist, i would of like to see him throw looping hooks at floyd but that is all him.

>Man makes $300mil doing something he is better at then everybody else
>dumb

No one pays you to be a salty faggot

Get Dempsey's Championship fighting. Written 50 years ago and still the best beginner's book

Don't you mean Hajime no Ippo?

God I hate that mongolid cartoon more than anything. Fucking aspies in my gym doing their version of the dempsey roll. Fucking cringe

literally evryone outside the us likes mma more you literal faggot

soccer > american football
any other martial art > boxing
metric > imperial

the only decent thing you guys have is NBA

>niggers
>good
the nhl is the only good thing in america

>soccer
Kys

hockey is pretty popular over the world

not as popular as most sports
it's the most popular in canada and the us

soccer is one of the most athletic sports

>inb4 NFL
1 min rounds with 10 min breaks

Can someone answer the fucking questions OP is asking?

Boxing is a pussy sport anyway, MMA is way harder and an actual fight. Conor just did it for the money.

K all that is bullshit but Conor would win an mma fight. Are you kidding.

There is a reason you will never see the reverse challenge

But Conor would lose against a gun. Game over

it's called football not soccer you cuck

stamina is probably the biggest factor in boxing, of course you need speed, skill etc but considering you fight in your weight class you and your opponent are at least in the same realm of power, so if you can dodge or tank for a lot of time you will tire your opponent out and eat him later
of course this is strategic thinking, if you dont have that kind of stamina it's better to build a killer punch and apply pressure
with all the protections of those days it's hard to drop a one hit nuke ko, so you have to think a plan out

S A L T Y

Except majority of people in the US don't give a fuck about Hockey lol

Are they both featherweights or something why did it last 10 rounds? Non superheavyweight sports are legit not fun to watch.