If my goal is hypertrophy should I completely drop flat barbell bench?

If my goal is hypertrophy should I completely drop flat barbell bench?

yes. incline and decline is all you need

Why would you do that?

Cos dumbell bench and incline is superior

How much you bench tho?

Depends entirely on the type of bench and bar I am using (dimensions etc)

flat bench activates pectoral fibers the most
45 degree incline to build upper chest

this.

nothing more needs to be said. OP is just a clueless faggot:

Flat dumbell bench activates them more

How much do you bench with a standard Olympic barbell?

I still do flat barbell bench every couple of weeks but I definitely get WAY more gains from dumbbell bench. It's a lot easier to get a better range of motion imo, but it's personal preferance

do alot of incline bench, incline flyes, cable crossover, chest dips and just do regular bench to balance it out

Even rippetoe says dumbell bench is better than barbell bench

What now phaggots

In fact, the dumbbell version of the exercise, which actually predates the barbell version due to its less specialized equipment requirements, is probably a better exercise for most purposes other than powerlifting competition. This is especially true if the weights used are sufficiently heavy, challenging the ability of the lifter to actually finish a set.

>if i want to gain muscle should i stop exercising
sometimes i think im going mad, but then i realize im going mad.

I mean switching it for dumbell/incline

Flat bench and incline is the best, no idea why you would remove something that builds what you are trying to get.

Is your goal to look like a little bitch fairy?

He does say that, and yet his program requires barbell bench instead of dumbbell bench. Do you understand why that is? If you do, then you know why OP should do flat barbell bench.

Because it is easier to progressively over load

But still you can just dumbell bench and add reps or something

You niggas need to stop caring about the weight and focus on the lift.

Find out what works best for you. Personally flat barbell bench does more for my chest than dumbell. Because I can go heavier on barbell. And its much easier to get the shoulders and upper back in proper position before the lift, hurting my shoulders less.

I can agree though that DB bench is probably better for hypertrophy but thats kind of compensated if you can do BB bench 5-10kg heavier with better form

incline+decline instead of just flat

Why?

The goal is hypertrophy / size / aesthetics, the amount is unimportant, just as long as its stimulating enough for your level.

We're talking about bodybuilding, not weightlifting, the goal isn't to lift the heaviest you can.

>rippetoe
unfuck your bench form and do more volume, flat bench is great for hypertrophy provided you don't cheat the range of motion like you're a japanese IPF lifter or do some minimalist garbage like 3x5

nothing wrong with throwing in incline bench too, and then dumbbell work after your barbell work in higher rep ranges for more volume if you so desire

apparently arnold did 3/4 rom to keep constant tension during bench

Yup, I just did it and have no regrets. Plus flat benches are always criwded at the gym, seems like a lot of men want manboobs instead of pecs.

You want to drop one of the best exercises for building chest? If your goal is hypertrophy you should be adding more exercises not removing them ya daft bastard/

But barbell bench isn't the best exercise for chest

Most bodybuilders just stick to incline

don't do decline, an overdeveloped lower chest makes you look like you have boobies
if aesthetics is all you're looking for, the just do incline