Want to ride my bike to the gym and work

>Want to ride my bike to the gym and work
>Realized how easy it is for thieves to steal your bike unless you spend like $200 worth on different locks, chains and gadgets to prevent the theft

Seriously is there simply no way to ride a bike in today's age anymore? Every single lock can easily be shown to be broken on YouTube. It's extremely lame because it's actually cardio and you're getting somewhere cheaply.

Should I just buy cable cutters and start stealing bikes when mine inevitably gets stolen? I know an eye for an eye and all that but at this point drastic times call for drastic measures.

>should i start being a nigger

By that logic we shouldn't lift weights either because niggers all lift and are much more muscular than whites.

Take the wheels off and put them in your locker. Some nig will probabaly steal your frame though

Real pricey bike for training
50$ Wallshart bike for commute .

Sure let me just FUCKING carry a wrench everywhere and spend 10 minutes taking the wheels off.

They wouldn't even fit in the locker.

Last summer I got fed up going up & down the stairs and keeping my bike indoors. Just chained it outside and decided to trust my neighbours. Few weeks in it was gone. Not gonna buy another one.

If you're gym is pretty chill you could ask if you could leave your bike next to the reception desk. Tip Stacey as you're asking.

Why not talk to the people at your gym and work and ask if it's ok for you to keep your bike inside? If not inside the actual building there may be a secured area that'd be better than the street.

yes, I live in chicago and all bike commuters(should) take their front wheel with them. A simple chain lock can easily reach through the back wheel and secure the bike withno trouble.
there's literally a switch that locks the wheel in. a toddler can take it off

Not on all bikes

In the netherlands everyone and their mother has a bike. That also means that there's a lot of bike theft. However, if you make so that your bike is better secured than the next one, your bike won't be targeted. Thieves just want an easy one. Buying a chain is easily your best bike investment ever.

wow, i feel sorry for you guys where you cant leave you bikes unattended even when chained up. Ive left my bike outside a bar for 4 hours just leaning by the entrance while i was inside and it was still there. you poor blokes.

It's gonna be fine if you just put a D lock on it. Seriously, you'll be leaving it there for max 2 hours in the day?

Yeah I wouldn't leave it locked outside overnight though.

Just buy the most shitty ugly bike you can get.

Bump

If you're bike doesn't have quick release tires it's not even worth anything

I bought it for $80 used

It's worth that

I put an empty paternity test on my bike, it never gets stolen

Move to 90% white neighborhood and all you need is the cheapest lock.

Are you a girl?

no, I use it as nigger repellent

lmao

found the cuck

Oh that's too bad

I'm so glad I don't live in America. I can literally leave my bike out in a "bad neighbourhood" and it will be there when I come back.

Where the hell do you live ? Canada ?

Even in Europe you can't get you eyes off your bike more than 20seconds

>niggers all lift and are much more muscular than whites
You posting from Bizarro world? Here in the original timeline whites are much more muscular than niggers on average, and all the worlds strongest men are whites, zero negroes.

You could probably ask to bring the bike inside and ask someone to watch it. Old ymca I used to go to a guy used to do that. Never hurts to ask

Anybody else cycle to university? I'm going to have to leave my bike locked up for the whole day. What are the chances it will get stolen.

Move to a whiter state. I have yet to see a black guy at the gym here and tons of bikes practically begging to be stolen outside

White people steal bikes too though

At much lower rates

Because Europe is one country, right? I can leave my front door unlocked when I leave the house and not have to worry about anything

90% of time people will allow you to bring it inside

buy a decent bike lock or use a chain+lock combo

depends where your school is

This no one locks their bikes up at my town. I grew up in Philly and by association I have this desire to steal them. Despite owning a car and living a block from work.

Any decent bike will cost at least 400-500$. Spending 100 on a u lock and chain set up isn't asking much. Don't leave it over night, and don't leave it for hours unattended. I haven't had my bicycle stolen in like 7 years, and I live in a los Angeles ghetto

Lol they have quick releases. If your bike doesnt have one they can probably put one on

i have a pretty expensive bicycle (~3.5k eur) and luckily my gym allows me to leave it at front desk and they keep an eye on it. as for work i just take it in with me.

if i know i'm going somewhere where i have to leave my bicycle out i just my gfs shitty bicycle that's worth

Put it in a gym locker, that's what I do.

Don't listen to any of these dumbasses that talk about chains. I ride every day with a ~1000$ Cannondale and I've never had any problems with these rules.

Buy a U Lock, ideally long so you have an easier time locking up on things. Requires a saw to break, cannot be clipped. Some are sold with guarantees if for some reason they've picked it that cover the price of your bike. Log record that you own that bike with your local PD. Lock in a visible/high traffic area so people don't have an opportunity to be sketchy around it. Street signs and metal fence posts are usually great if there's no proper area. Never lock on anything thin or wooden. Lock frame and rear wheel in one go, pop off your front wheel and put it in too if you have quick release. If the front tire needs a wrench to take off you've got a low risk bike in the first place.

Never leave your bike outside overnight. Bring it inside whenever possible. Locking the rear wheel to the frame with U Lock also prevents it from being ridden if you're grabbing something quick/have a line of sight on it and don't suspect someone to throw it in a truck without folks noticing.

And the best part about a U Lock? Makes a fantastic weapon if you're ever need it.

Start riding, and wear a helmet because it's the only insurance you can get as a cyclist. Buy one you like that looks good if you hate the one you have. Either way: Looking dorkier > becoming a vegetable. Cars can end lives bruh.

lol, unless you live in a rerally high bike theft area you'll be fine, you idiot. i paid $30 for a cable lock like 5 years ago, have locked up well over $1000 worth of various bikes with it and have never had a problem. just make sure your bike looks more secure than the bikes next to it

>falling for (((social conditioning)))
White are taller and more muscular on average. Only a beta cuck like you would suggest something like this.

Norway

I have a thick steel chain that I wrap between both my tires and frame to whatever I'm locking my bike too,then I lock a U-Lock through my bike, a section of the chain and whatever I'm locking it too. I've had a bike stolen and it won't happen again, but the odd times I do have to lock it up somewhere I go all out.

Bike thieves need to be fucking killed, half the people in Canada are hooked on opiates and if you think junkies won't steal bikes in public you're an idiot.

>Even in Europe
Only in refugee infested countries does bike theft happen

I live in Canada and there's a shit ton of bike theft
in fact my city (Montreal) was voted in the top 10 of the worst cities for bike theft

I live in FL and you can't go 4 minutes without someone stealing your bike
Hell me and my friends crawled into someone's backyard to steal one once.

>Hell me and my friends crawled into someone's backyard to steal one once.
literally nigger tier

I'd bash your skull in if I saw you doing that in my backyard

Where the fuck do you live, i leave my bike outside without locking it for shopping and the last time i had my bike stolen it was because i left it out for a week in a shit area with only a cable lock. You should think about moving area or stop being so paranoid.

>visit friend in Boston, be from Baton Rouge
>See bikes locked to poles. Tires individually locked to bike. Seats either welded in place or chained to bike. I saw the fucking chain on one locked to the frame.
>Ask friend about it
>Fucking niggers

I've been biking around town and leaving my bike leaned up against walls for hours at time all over the place over the last decade. I've never had my bike stolen. My lock is living in a white community.

I don't think white has anything to do with it. I've seen plenty of white addicts break into shit and steal what they want to pay for a high. You just rich.

I grew up in a trailer park across from white drug dealers (admittedly they weren't addicts) and I had no issues. I live in a area with a higher proportion of rich people now, and I'm sure that doesn't hurt. Never been rich myself, but being surrounded with middle and upper-middle class white people has been a blessing for my bicycle security.

>I'd bash your skull in if I saw you doing that in my backyard
No all you would do is yell from inside your home.

Solid post. I'd also recommend getting a cheap flasher for riding at night, they're only like 20$.

Totally. Front and back if you really want to be seen. Illegal in some places to ride w/o I think