Counting macros

>counting macros

Holy fuck why is staying under on fat so hard?

I get
>165g protein
>160g carb
>60g fat

Holy fuck staying under 60g is almost impossible. How important is staying under on fat?

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalgeographic.com/what-the-world-eats/
jn.nutrition.org/content/16/6/511.extract
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>How important is staying under on fat?
If you're trying to lose weight, it's calories in calories out.

Staying low on fat is very easy if you just eat carbs and lean proteins. No nuts, seeds, eggs or fatty dairy. The difficulty becomes eating such a large volume of food since carbs and protein are very satiating.

>carbs are satiating

Wrong

How fucking small are you trying to get? I consume 237 Protein, 190 carbs and 52 fat and I'm losing weight and bfat at 182 lbs.

I weigh 212 trying to drop to 190

Freendly reminder that getting 1.5g of fat per kilo of body weight is best for optimal for IGF-1.
thank u, hav nice day darlings ~~ :^)

>fat makes you fat
your body needs fat to function properly dumbo, lower your carb intake
but in any case, 60g of fat should be enough for you to stay healthy, I counted that you're at 1840 cals a day, again, should be enough to lose weight, if progress is slow, lower your carb intake

>lowering carbs

Nigger you need carbs for energy. Fats are the most useless of the 3. Not saying you don't need it just that it's the best to cut it you must.

>your body needs fat to function properly dumbo
No, it does not.

And when you lose fat you lose ~50 grams of fat into your blood stream every day anyway.

Fat is needed for your brain and hormonal production. Average man needs 100g a day to be healthy

found the newfag

I eat about 50 - 70g fat daily. If I'm eating a lot of chicken breast or other lean proteins, I'll have to add flax oil to my protein shakes otherwise I don't get enough fat.

>100g of fat a day.
Post body

>average man needs 100g
The fuck , if you're a 200 lbs trying to bulk 100g fat is the right macro however you're telling people who do office jobs should consume that much you're out of your mind m8

Found the keto fag

Kek
I don't think you're aware that 50-70% of dietary fat is initially stored, and the rest is oxidized for energy. Animals in general contain almost no fat except adipose tissue as an energy reserve, and most of those non-adipose lipids have a low turnover rate.

>237 protein
>187 lbs
K a y

Literally just redistribute fat and carbs while maintaining calories and protein, making sure not to drop either of them absurdly low
t. PhD student in biochemical nutrition

Didn't mean to quote

>US government recommends lower fat diet
>Americans actually decrease their fat intake
>diabetes and obesity and metabolic syndrome skyrocket

really activates the fat laden almonds

>t. PhD student

what is up with the "t." ? does this mean anything?

>t. Brainlet

>not mentioning sugar

I trust Jordan Feigenbaum when it comes to my nutrition and have managed to maintain my lifts thanks to those macros.

>Americans actually decrease their fat intake
LOL

If anything sedentary people need less carbs as they're not going to be using it for anything other than maintenance.
It's apparently different for everyone, but consuming carbs makes me ravenous for more food, while fat leaves me content.

>but consuming carbs makes me ravenous for more food
LOL

Most animals are on the brink of starvation and run and hunt and fight all day long. Humans in that state wouldn't have a whole lot of fat either genius.

>>Americans actually decrease their fat intake

They didn't, though. The average American consumes basically the same amount sugar and sweeteners than they did 50 years ago, but several hundred calories more in vegetable oils.

nationalgeographic.com/what-the-world-eats/

Your an idiot who can't even into highschool Chem or bio. Your body needs fats in order to function properly.

>Your body needs fats in order to function properly.
Nope

Why are you saying no?
The body needs fat to survive, the only macro nutrient the body doesn't need is carbohydrates because it can make glucose from fat and protein.

>Your body needs fats in order to function properly.

Yes, but much less than people claim. You only need around 20g a day for proper functioning. That's trivial to obtain if you eat meat or eggs or dairy that isn't fat free. For vegans, just have some nuts or avocado or add a tbsp of oil to a salad.

Fats allow us to move. If you did not have fat you wouldn’t be able to move your arms or legs. Fats provide a super conducting highway across your nerve fibers in your body. Your nerve fibers are your communication lines between your body and your brain. Think of them as telephone lines. You’re trying to call your friend but there is no dial tone. You discover than your telephone wire is cut in several places. This is what happens when fats aren’t around to provide the means for communication travel. Fats provide insulation like cover on these nerve lines to facilitate nerve impulses to and from your brain. Without these communication lines we are nothing more than a thoughtless, motionless, bag of water.

>The body needs fat to survive
No, literally every cell can burn glucose, but not every cell can burn fatty acids. The body can also produce fat from carbohydrate.

We're talking about dietary fat. Your trolling is rather low-level

If you eat your carbs from fast food, maybe.

Counting macros is pointless, user. Just keep a rough track of protein and calories, and you'll be good. If you have a balanced diet, you'll get enough fat and carbs.

and maintaining this system while hardly require more than 5 g of fat a day , you can even go super low fat and only consume omega 3 and 6 since your body already store all the mono and sat it needs( it even store the 3 and 6 if your diet is rich enough in them )

Your level of understanding of the human body is extremely limited and you're just making yourself look stupid by saying things like that.

If you really truly believe that, then go on a 0 fat diet and see what happens.

It's not that important as long as you're eating at a deficit.
I'm current macro breakdown is 185g protein, 40g carbs, and 177g fats. I'm doing keto to contest prep and I'm leaning out pretty well

lol, you guys have no clue lol

Nope:)

The only role of fat beside Omega 3 and 6 is to help us absorb fat soluble vitamin , and both of the former can do the job .
Just make sure to get a bit of omega 3 and omega 6 in every meals and you're good to go , you can literally achieve perfect fat and vitamin intake with less than 10g of fat a day if you supplement and maybe 30 without .

>people cutting on 1800kcal
>i lose weight on 3000kcal
>not even a big guy
kek

Cardio or active job ?

you probably have cancer, congratulations

i run everyday + eat mostly carbs

The fats your body gets from your food give your body essential fatty acids called linoleic and linolenic acid. They are called "essential" because your body cannot make them itself, or work without them. Your body needs them for brain development, controlling inflammation, and blood clotting.

Carbohydrates are the only nutrient that isn't essential for survival because the body can convert fats and proteins into glucose in a process called gluconeogenesis.

>Went from an average of 20-30 km a week to 60 a week
>Lasted 3 week
>INJURED

Should've listened

Yeah senpai 60 is a lot. I rarely go above 5k/day on avg and I'm still getting better after years of running

And combined you need less than a total of 10G ALA and LA , gluconeogenesis is an extreme condition survival means , carbohydrate is an easy to burn fuel that yield more ATP per units of O2 and has proven benefit on recovery for athlete and active people.

Yeah , it's not really an injury but it's just a discomfort that has been following me and I don't want to make it worse , I'm on my six day of rest and I'll start again tomorrow but I'll try to do more frequent but shorter run .

But a 5k would hardly add more than 400Kcals to your TDEE , you must still be a kinda big guy to cut at 3000

>If you really truly believe that, then go on a 0 fat diet and see what happens.
I don't have to do that since it's already been done.
jn.nutrition.org/content/16/6/511.extract
Nothing happened except the guy had more energy, better skin and stopped having migraines that he had for decades.

Actually the reason it took until 1929 to discover that essential fatty acids even exist is because the amount of n-6 needed is so tiny that there was no method available until then to construct an artificial diet sufficiently fat-free while also providing enough calories and protein.

As for omega-3 deficiency, there are only a few isolated cases ever recorded in the entire literature - mostly people on parenteral nutrition.

And actually when you let your body produce its own fat in adipose tissue, it can produce palmitoleic acid which is a lipokine that increases insulin sensitivity, reduces inflammation and stimulates removal of fat from the liver. Palmitoleic acid only really occurs in macademia nuts, no other food

nice cancer senpai

I wouldn't call it "an extreme condition survival means" as this is how ketogenic diet works.
People should eat carbs, yes, it is beneficial, but it is not essential for survival in the way fat is.

181cm 82kg that's not big
i'm also standing desk masterrace, that could be a factor too

>doesn't understand the difference between low fat and zero fat

>you don't need fats dumbo
>yeah you do, 100g a day at least

Welcome to Veeky Forums.

The guy ate less than 2 grams of fat a day because it isn't/wasn't possible to go lower than that. He just ate refined sugar, fat-free milk, orange juice and potato starch for 6 months.

carbs are the only macro you're body can function without, although not optimally, like you said there would be a noticable lack of energy
do some research before posting broscience like this, saying fat is the most useless of the 3 couldn't be further from the truth, likesaid, it's required for proper brain, hormonal and other bodily funtions, I disagree on the 100g of fat a day for the average person though, for a serious athlete however sure, probably even more

t. newfag

Just drop carbs and eat more meats and dairies. When you eat carbs do complex carbs like bananas and oats.

Are you retarded? Why would you care how many grams of fat you get? You could get 160 grams of fat per day and still lose fat as long as you burn more calories than you consume.

>I'm getting fat on potatos

Said no one ever.

Retard detected.
Americans never reduced their fat intake, in fact they incresed it in absolute terms, and maybe even in percentage.
Americans have INCREASED THEIR CALORIC INTAKE and woah, would you look at that, diabetes and obesity skyrocketed holy shit we must be on to something here.

>consuming carbs makes me hungrier

Wrong, consuming calorie dense foods that are not just full of carbs but also loaded with fats make you hungrier.
It's basically impossible to overeat on pasta or potatoes or quinoa.
It's VERY EASY to overeat on cake, ice cream, bacon, etc.

Then why can't I eat a pound of French fries without getting fat?

What?

>>I'm getting fat on potatos
>Said no one ever.
do you understand how many starchy foods fat people eat (like potatoes)

Almost none

I would bet that a Thai school girl eats more starch in a day than the average obese adult American man, but I'd have to run the numbers. I remember looking at some distribution curves and the 95th percentile of carb intake was like 60-65% and the 5th percentile for fat was above 20% LOL If you subtract the refined sugar you're left with like 40% starch hahahaha and that's the top 5%

>US government recommends slightly lower fat and lower sugar diet
>people eat more of both anyway
>DA GUBMINT MADE ME FAT!

>do you understand how many starchy foods fat people eat (like potatoes)

Do fat people like plain boiled potatoes or fried potatoes coated in cheese and sour cream?

I try to eat close to 40-40-20 and my fats are always like 10 because no food has fat except salmon.

Ok but what about sugar macros boys. What if it's over?

Sugar is today what fat was demonized as in the 70s - 00s.

Cook your own food. Fat harder to control if you're eating prepared food.

If you're eating rice, potatoes, fruit and veg, chicken, turkey, etc., you will easily stay within your macros.

Cooking is for faggots

These ratios look designed by cardiophobics and protein shake manufacturers
It is sad to see how much nutrition info is plotted under a bodybuilder perspective, with absurd bodyfat levels in mind
From a performance perspective, fat helps inmensively in terms of caloric goals, and carbs and protein partitioning. Also in having a good hormone balance, vitamin absortion...
BUT, i am talking about a well trained individual, aka both cardio and strength, and not a bodybuilder

I went from 230lbs to 185 lbs in a year with no exercise by:

1. No fluids other than water and chocolate whole milk (cutting soda was probably the best change I made)
2. Reduced carb consumption and ate as much fatty foods and protein that I wanted until I get full.
3. No foods with high fructose corn syrup added to them.

>falling for the fat makes you fat meme

For your gallbladder and bile secretion, you most certainly do. Back to plebbo with (((you)))