Reminder that heavy squats and deadlifts are not sustainable

Reminder that heavy squats and deadlifts are not sustainable

Most people here are in their early twenties so think they are invincible and that good form will 100% protect them against injuries (it won't)

Other urls found in this thread:

bafound.org/about-brain-aneurysms/risk-factors/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

agreed. powerlifting is internet neckbeard cringe culture bullshit

honestly using free weights (dumbells barbells) is good for developing all the supporting muscles,

but yah I agree its not worth the risk of injury...

I find machines a lot easier, no need to set up, and a lot safer....

I am lifting for me not to impress faggots at the gym

Bodybuilders and powerlifters cross over frequently it's not a zero sum game

But what if you are the faggot you are trying to impress?

shut the fuck up pajeet
free weights are amazing all the way, even if you don't train for powerlifting
machines are for fags and pussies

neckbeard detected, enjoy your herniated discs

so this is why i touch myself at night

how will you develop your quads and hamstrings then?

Light squats. No need to ever go over 3 plate. Do them for high reps (20 reps is extremely good for hypertrophy)

You're not totally right.
The real problem on Veeky Forums is there are arbitrary standards that everyone pushes everyone else to adhere to, and if you're not smart you don't think first and try to meet them (as quickly as possible) because you've bought into the idea that you're a pussy if you can't. Then you get injured.

You can only train at the level you can train at. Believing anything else is stupid, and trying to rush progress, prioritizing load over form, these are what lead to injury in the gym.

Anons of Veeky Forums (and you, apparently, since I'll bet you hurt yourself in the gym this way) need to THINK MORE about what they're doing, disregard peer pressure, and lift CONSERVATIVELY, progress CONSERVATIVELY, emphasizing form and safety over adding resistance on some arbitrary schedule.

>you're a pussy if you can't
but that's the ideal competitive nature of men

Yeah sure, do you do crossfit too? fucking faggots

That dude is a world record holder and since he aint pushing huge numbers (for a powerlifter), he has EASILY been maintaining the bodybuilder physique. This picture shouldn't scare away anyone. For crying out loud this was after squatting 810lbs raw at below 198lbs body weight.

You apparently don't understand a single thing I said.

Most people can make more than adequate gains but you CANNOT RUSH THE PROCESS.

Read what I wrote again, more carefully this time.

leg curls, extensions, lunges, hack squats, leg press

light weight + high rep squats.

>thinking normal people will get to weights heavy enough to cause this

Idiot, more injuries happen on machines thanks to the set mechanical path. Thats not even what this tread is discussing.

They never will, these are all roided ul idiots whose muscles have literally out grown their bones and tendons. If you are natural you will never injure yourself using proper form.

More disinformation
Deadlifts and squats are fine
The problem is "powerlifting"
The whole point of powerlifting is to go past what you're safely capable of doing.

Don't be a retard and deadlifts and squats are perfectly safe

this is factually untrue. I know many people who ruined their bodies in their early 20s (myself included) with picture perfect form. It's probably a genetic predisposition thing -- some people certainly aren't meant to perform these exercises. I certainly fell for the "good form means no injuries meme" that is spouted by people who have been training for sub 2 years (I was a proponent of it myself) and have yet to deal with the accumulated chronic damage.

>Don't be a retard and deadlifts and squats are perfectly safe FOR SOME PEOPLE
FTFY

Not everyone is physically suited for these extreme and dangerous exercises. People with spinal problems, for instance, should avoid them.

Also most anons don't focus enough on proper form, don't emphasize specific work to build stabilizer muscles first, and and make the all-too-common mistake of trying to progress the load too quickly, all of which lead to failure at best, severe injury at worst, perhaps even as bad as causing permanent injury.

Anyone first starting out with a strength training program that involves dangerous and extreme exercises like freebar squats and deadlifts should first spend some time building abdominal strength, and working on stabilizers, then having a qualified person training them on proper squat and deadlift form, then conservative progression of overall load, always emphasizing proper form.

Of course none of you will do this so some of you will experience injury in the gym. Sad.

its all about going pass your limit
a beginning DYEL lifting 200+ will have the same result-injuries

powerlifting is the yoga of weightlifting.

lazy people are drawn to it like a horse to oats.

>People with spinal problems, for instance, should avoid them.
No shit
And people who don't have arms should avoid bench press

I can always tell guys like you have never even been inside a gym in your life and just shitpost on Veeky Forums.

except there's no way to know you have spinal problems until it's too late. Factually disc degeneration is (at least partially) genetic. People who are prone to this should not deadlift or squat and even with other exercises should be EXTREMELY careful. But you don't know you have it until you wake up unable to put on your socks and go to the doctor a month later, having an MRI revealing disc bulging. This might be you in the future. Or you might be a lucky one who has the genetics for it. You don't know yet.

You could also have a weakness in a blood vessel in your brain that would break if you do any exercise
There's no way to know until you have an aneurysm.

Better stay in the house then and never let your blood pressure go too high

Or you can avoid being a dumb faggot and exercise CONSERVATIVELY and INTELLIGENTLY instead of falling for the peer pressure of a bunch of faggots on the Internets who insist you meet some arbitrary standards that have nothing to do with anyone anywhere, thus posing a serious risk of personal injury.

Scoliosis user here, I've been deadlifting and squatting fairly heavy for 15 years now, if anything these exercises have strengthened my back and helped it to straighten. I do agree with you on working your way up slowly and maintaining proper form, I'm currently deadlifting right around 500 and squatting around 400, I have no plans to push past these numbers I will maintain them though, also I never do 1rep maxes I'd rather hit 3 or 4 reps and be safe.

Shitty analogy:

bafound.org/about-brain-aneurysms/risk-factors/

It's likely that exercise actually decreases the risk of aneurysms long term (even though it might temporarily increase the risk while you're working out). Anyways assuming your analogy wasn't retarded (which it is -- and analogies are never a good tool for arguments because they're always approximations) it would still be a matter of relative risk. From my experience it seems the fraction of people who end up with life-long injuries from powerlifting is quite high. On the order of at least 10%, if not closer to 30%. Aneurysms affect like 0.01% of people per year.

>powerlifter
There's that word again

If I want to avoid snapping my back up should I just do front squats?

Read this:

>if you lift like an idiot, you will get injured
why even post obvious shit like this?

Here's the advise I wish I would have taken when I started lifting. Don't rush it, take things slow. Slower than you need to. If you're failing a rep stop and think what you're doing. You might have permanently injured yourself -- probably not, but there's a chance and it's not worth the risk. If you're built for squats then do them but listen to your body. As soon as you wake up with a nagging back pain take some time off all squats. For a while. I mean months, at least. There's ample ways to workout your legs beyond squats / deadlifts. Make good use of them. Don't develop an imbalance between anterior / posterior, however. I would avoid heavy dead lifts all together. You could do some light ones, a plate, maybe 2 plates, occasionally. Stiff legged ones are nice too, in fact I still do those despite having herniated several discs

I can totally approve this post from my own experience. I would also never load a lot of weight to squat or/and deadlift.

> Started as a total noob and found 5x5 program which looks very good for a beginner
> Went to gym and started doing squats and deadlifts (obviously wrong)
> Trainer saw me and told I should train with him for couple of sessions (I thought he just wants my money but agreed anyway cuz money aint no prob)

Turns out I could not even do deadlift because I was so stiff I had to stretch my back and legs first as well as strengthen my core before I could even try.

Thank you mr trainer.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

maybe for photoshoots but not much else.

unless you meant Ronnie? LMAO

Didn't Schwarzenegger do 1,000 reps with those little 5 pound dumbbells in each arm?

Sometimes it's not about how much you can lift, but how often, to stimulate those muscles.