How did you guys find the motivation to start working out Veeky Forums?

How did you guys find the motivation to start working out Veeky Forums?

unhappy with how my body looked and wanted to make it better

Physically started to be mad everyday that nothing was changing like magic.

My girlfriend went to ukraine to fight in maidan. She later died by a sniper shot trying to defend her grandmother's village.

I realized that if a 5.5" blonde girl could become spetnaz level fit. The best I could do for her memory is go full Bruce Wayne and rip shit up.

It's been working well sofar. Made a ton of gym friends in the process who help me pump to the next

I was tired of being a fatass, so I stopped being a fatass.

Watching anime realizing if I can barely do normal shit why worth living so instead of loathing in out I actually wanted to better my self.

I cycle through hobbies getting super autistic each time and eventually dropping them for the next one.

She faked her death to get away from you and give Chadimirs morale lifting patriotic bjs

just starting to work out is fucking difficult for me, especially when im depressed

but once you actually begin, then feeling as if you're accomplishing something and making progress keeps you going.

I needed something to do during the day besides watch anime and fill out job applications

i hate myself

Got tired of being fat and wanted to get girls.

stood in front of a mirror and opened my eyes

I was always out of shape and had a gut.
Then my brother did some inception-tier brainwashing over me.
He convinced me that no one would pay attention to your flabby stomach if you had big pecs and arms.
And thus we started working out together.
To this day my midsection is unimpressive but when I wear tanktops I always get compliments on my arms and delts.

Yeah I had a really hard time getting started, but after a week or two the autism kicked in and it became like level grinding in an mmo.

Motivation isn't something you find it's something you cultivate.

I work out to be mentally fit. That is the only reason why I work out desu.

A broken heart.

I browsed Veeky Forums for like 2 days and got hyped up looking at strong dudes and after my first pump I couldn't stop myself from going back as often as I could.

for my anime waifu

Saw zyzz, wanted to make it, still haven't but lightyears closer than was 8 years ago

Hahaha

*when I'm sad*
If you were depressed you wouldn't even do basic self maintenance, let alone improvements (lifting)

>What motivated you to start working out?
Girlfriend that I planned on marrying cheated on me and left me. If I didn't know Veeky Forums well I'd guess that a lot of you share the same motivator.

>there are no different kinds of depression

Yeah, no one has ever dragged themselves out of depression.

Keep hiding in your basement, you defeatist piece of shit.

Hatred
I knew I couldn't start my mass shooting spree if I was a DYEL

Going to enlist soon

self hatred

Was tired of being told I was getting a beer belly. Pretty noticeable on a skinny guy like me. Girlfriend is impressed, I have no beer belly anymore and have been going 4-5x a week since June. At the point where I hate missing a workout more than 2 days in a row, woke up early to be at gym opening Sunday to lift before work.

Self-loathing mostly.

The classic "Girl i like". Being 121lbs before didnt help much either. So my goal was to put on as much mass as i can at the end of the year, so i can talk to her again.

Great motivation if anything, but days are long when the goal is only a few months away.

Was @ 17 BMI, now I'm not afraid to take my shirt off at the beach or anywhere really

Rich Piana

are you me?

Wasn't happy with how skinny I looked.
After I pushed through the first few weeks and my muscles stopped getting super sore and I started to see my first mini-gainz it started getting fun, now I really want to go train everyday and feel bad when I don't.

>My girlfriend went to ukraine to fight in maidan. She later died by a sniper shot trying to defend her grandmother's village.
What the fuck, I have so much respect for your gf

heartbroken

Realized I was unfit as fuck and looked extremely average.

Met a girl that I fell in love with while travelling, she liked my personality but obviously wasn't attracted to me physically so we were just friends.

Got Veeky Forums over the 9ish months I spent away from her.

Gonna meet her again in a month.

Hope I'll make it

i saw an evangellion Veeky Forums edit in a /ylyl/ thread

I started working out because i was bullied in high school

I wanted to be strong just that

It must have been being single and a spergers, I was a religious lifter for 4 years. But since I've had a girl friend for 2 years I workout like once a month.
I come back here looking for motivation again because all my gains have nearly ran out and I just look like a stocky normie now.

I'm over thirty, so I figured this might be the last time to right a wrong course, choose to be overweight for the rest of my life or choose to be fit for the rest of my life.

Also I did LSD.

>She later died by a sniper shot trying to defend her grandmother's village.
This is what ukrainians actually believe, lol

me too but it didn't make me start working out

>started lifting to eat tons of shit like I'm used to without keeping getting fatter

you need to break out of the cycle and actually start improving yourself even though you dont like it in the beginning

F

It's hard to believe Zyzz left us for Olympus 6 years ago.

So I kind of grew into the idea of fitness because originally a few years ago my home life was shit because my younger brother flew to drugs and kind of made our lives miserable with the arrests and his general attitude. It was something I wanted to do to just take my mind off of it. Course back then it was mostly cardio and maybe light ass weights and no proper diet.

Wasn't only till a few months ago did I switch over to proper diets, good routines, and natty gains. The stuff people kind of helped form a frame, but I am building upon it now.

I trimmed my body hair because it was getting annoying, and when I was done I looked like a fat baby with A-cup tits.

Heartbreak. So I became a savage and now I'm in the best shape of my life and still making beginner gains

45% boring medical reasons
45% seeing how my fatass friend pulled all of the poon once he lost weight and got somewhat of a v-taper
10% self loathing/anger issues that can be transferred beautifully to doing that awful struggling last rep

Had a near-fatal medical surprise. You punk-ass snotty little kids lifting for puss have no idea how fucking motivating almost having to spend the rest of your life sitting in a nursing home, staring at the walls and drooling can be.

I've been casually interested in working out since I left high school. Never did make it a habit, and wasted many dollars on gym memberships. Eventually I just stopped buying them all together. Around last year january I started browsing /pol/ and made my way here out of boredom.

Everything changed when I found Zyzz 2 months ago. Now I want to make it.

>drank and drugged myself to liver and kidney failure by my late twenties, went to rehab, my body was wrecked, and being fat didn't help, without being constantly high, the pain of being fat hit full force. being able to control part of my life that I had lost control of long ago inspired me to change more of my life, one part at a time. I've still got 20 more lbs to go before I start my first bulk. but my life is perfect now. I'm back in college, and have my first kid on the way.

He literally just told you how to defeat it. starting something that you feel apathetic about is a great way to actually care enough to continue it. It isn't easy, but not every depressed person uses it as an excuse to avoid showering like you do you worthless faggot.

I look at all the fat on my legs and tell myself I have to do something about that

My life has been a pretty huge fucking mess and I feel into drinking for several years. I hated how fat and weak i was so I started fixing it. I finally had somethign I could control and that reliably, and for the most part predictably, responded.

Now I'm kinda stuck wiht this routine and that I somewhat compulsively follow. If I go on vacation and miss my workouts I feel weird. If I go more than a week withotu lifting I begin to panic.

Impressive that this guy is still motivating people from beyond the grave

I dont rely on motivation

Only discipline

I force myself
Everyday

I don't like looking like shit and being weak.

Literally this even though picture is cringe