Let's end this once and for all

Let's end this once and for all.

Is creatine a meme? Or does it noticeably help you?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've done working out with and without it. I highly recommend it. You can't stop taking it though. Why?

When muscles do work they use ATP. Creatine basically increases the amount of ATP. It does not make you stronger, it makes you last longer. You don't get as tired easily.

Honestly, I feel like a dumb ass for not using it sooner. It's natural -- you get it from meats. It makes you look bigger. You can do a decent chunk more with it compared to the guy next to you. It's pretty much the only supplement that has quick results.

Enjoy balding

Forgot to follow up the "why".

Basically, if you stop taking it, you will be just as strong and have the same amount of muscle, but you probably can't do as many reps/sets. Less work = less gain

I heard rich piano die because he was snorting large doses of creatine, enjoy your heart attack op

Creatine does not cause baldness.

Funny thing is I'm already bald and have much more testosterone than you. More gains for me

Yeah

It really works.

Our body is designed to use it. It is found in most red meats. Back in the day dudes like Arnold would eat 2 steaks a day to get enough creatine. They didn't know why, but they knew eating a shit ton of red meat increased your muscular endurance.

Now we know why and rather than shoving 2 steaks down your gullet each day you can mix two tablespoons into water. If you're at all serious about lifting there is no reason at all to not used creatine.

Legit it isn't even expensive you can get a 20 dollar tub that will last you till the end of the year.

Okay so if two guys lifted for the same amount of time and one took creatine and one didn't, and the guy who took creatine stopped, would he still be stronger than the non creatine snorting man assuming it's been a month since he's used creatine last? Or is it something that doesn't benefit you anymore when you stop taking it?

Explain the mechanism by which this allegedly occurs.

>does it noticeably help you?

No, but look at the depth of literature on it's use and effectiveness.

I mean it works but how far are you into working out
When you become an intermediate then take creatinine and other supplements if you like but until then try to just eat enough macros

Tablespoons? Holy shit. I think you meant teaspoons.

The man with Creatine will have equal strength but has more endurance.

Night and day difference imo. I know people that don't get anything from it but desu I think they just aren't taking it right

>Night and day difference imo.

What is the placebo effect for 300?

>I think they just aren't taking it right

Please, enlighten us with your broscience.

That triangle is stupid as hell, your macros define your calories.

Good luck making gains on a 6000cal 20g protein diet.

Provided everything was identical there may be no difference between their totals. e.g. if they both followed a relatively low volume low intensity cycle and neither missed any reps.

However, if the training was more difficult and as a result of the creatine the other guy was able to make a single rep here that the other guy failed you would expect a possibility that he would have a better total as a result of the increased stress he incurred and subsequent adaptation.

>The man with Creatine will have equal strength but has more endurance.

You are an idiot.

Nigga the point is supplements come last
Of course if you eat healthy enough you hit your macros no problem and maybe be lower on the fats side

Don't you have to cycle off of it for a week after 3 weeks or so?

>Nigga the point is supplements come last

No the point is total energy balance is more important than macros which is stupid.

If the point was supplements come last it would just say supplements come last.

It's like arguing about whether mortar or bricks is more important in building a house.

No, take 5g a day every day whenever.

What if I'm not lifting? Is it a good supplement for daily health?

>What if I'm not lifting?

Lift.

Fine whatever
Just don't take supplements as a baby lifter

>Just don't take supplements as a baby lifter

Why not?

Because it's a waste of money
First try to get the protein and other stuff you need from food for a week or 2
Worst case you're a dozen grams of protein behind
Inf so you could buy some whey to drink during the day as you maintain your diet
Once noob gains stop coming and you're an intermediate, then creatinine is viable

>Once noob gains stop coming and you're an intermediate, then creatinine is viable

Explain how a novice utilises ATP differently from every other person on the planet and renders creatine unviable.

>Worst case you're a dozen grams of protein behind

Probably more like 50% behind, explain how not taking WPC or BCAAs retards the progress of a novice?

your argument is "Don't wear a belt until you're intermediate" tier retarded.

****Tips fedora****

If you want to spend more than $100 dollars a month even though you started working out for that same month, buying everything from gloves to a bow flex fine. But I'm just saying that I personally don't recommend it

>$100
didn't know creatine was so expensive

I think your recommendation is focus on the fundamentals, a lot of people fall into the trap of ignoring their diet and buying no-xplode etc.

The novice who has appropriate protein targets and hits them using WPC, BCAAs + a caloric surplus and supplements creatine is going to be ahead of the novice who can't hit his targets consistently without supplements.

Furthermore, the novice who buys a belt and shoes on day 1 is going to be better trained than the novice who doesn't.

You probably also bought one of those huge whey containers which is $80
Creatinine is around $30-20 dollars
Do the math and that 100 or more
> plus gym membership

Food also costs money, in many instances more per kg than whey.

Much less convenient too.

The creatine man could work harder on his sets and make way more gains over a longer period.

Creatine man wins every time.

Not him and while there is no conclusive evidence, the research strongly suggests it speeds up your hair loss if you are already prone to balding
Creatine has been shown to increase DHT, which is linked to baldness and beard growth

>the research strongly suggests

Nice source.

>Is creatine a meme?
Yes, it is. At least for 99.99% of people who hit the gym
>Or does it noticeably help you?
Sleep, diet and constant weightlifting is what matters. Taking any supps before those three staples are 100% covered doesn't literally and metaphorically make sense.
About the effects of creatine, per se, any other faggot can link you examine.com about both its safety, its proven effects and its correlation with baldness.

>I'm a baby and I can't use google wah wah
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313
DHT and hair loss is well documented, not even gonna bother linking

>i'm a baby and don't understand how anything works.

It might affect the hair follicle, but the data is not settled or persuasive.

The dht increase is significant but much much lower than dht levels seen in prostate englargement/baldness.

What you would need as evidence of what you are saying is not elevated dht levels, but levels which are consistent with effecting SOME individuals with hairloss.

The study you linked has nothing to do with hairloss.

I did say there was no conclusive evidence, I'm just saying there's a possibility it might increase some people's rate of balding if they're prone to it
Instead of every retard going "NO IT WONT MAKE U BALD LMAO" while there is a chance, however small it is

>25g a day
>when normal people only take 5g a day tops

Also DHT has many more benefits than downsides.

Well noted.

This is the argument of retards.

>There is no evidence to support my argument.
>BUT WHAT IF THERE WAS?! THEN YOU WOULD THINK DIFFERENTLY.

Better go take a cold shower to increase your test mate.

Not arguing with the DHT benefits
Most people use a loading phase on creatine which is 25 g/day(which is unnecessary imo)
>Creatine increases DHT
>DHT linked to hair loss
>Denial

>Most people use a loading phase on creatine

Not true

>Creatine increases DHT
>DHT linked to hair loss
>Denial

How much creatine causes how much DHT, how much DHT is associated with hair loss?

Not sure if you're trolling or truly retarded.

I do remember reading that the effects of DHT are more localized, so blood serum DHT might not be indicative of much.

I don't know senpaitachi, hair loss is pretty scary. Not sure if I should risk