Am I really going to make more gains if I work out less?

Am I really going to make more gains if I work out less?
Used to go 6 days a week and felt great, then Veeky Forums told me to do only 3 days instead and now I'm itching to workout and feel like I should be doing it daily...

Do just 4 sets of Deadlift, 4 Sets of Bench, 4 Sets of Chinups, 3 days a week. Vary the rep-ranges so exercises per day have 4/8/14 reps, respectively.

You will thank me later.

3 days / week is for strength fatties. Dont fall for the meme son.

eat cum

Clarification:

Day 1:
Deadlift 4x14
Bench 4x8
Chinups 4x4

Day 2:
Deadlift 4x8
Bench 4x4
Chinups 4x14

Day 3:
Deadlift 4x4
Bench 4x14
Chinups 4x8

Adjust weight so you are near failure or do like 4-4-3-2 reps per set when failing.

If it feels too good, you are enough of an intermediate lifter to RAMP THE VOLUME UP. Tehn do Upper/Lower 6 days a week. Fucking blast 18 sets of squats on lower days, and do a shit ton of bench ohp rows on upper days. Throw in some arm and core workout on lower-days.

This is the dumbest shit I've read all week. Congratulations.

It is actually the smartest shit you will read all your life, but you all meme-fags just don't want to work out properly. You need atleast 10-12 sets per bodypart per weak. This way to do it is enough while still maneging fatigue in all rep ranges. You will litterly never plateu and break pr's once every weak with every lift despite your level of training. When it stops, cycle the lifts to surpass the law of accomodation, do Squats, Incline, Rows. Than switch back again.

If you dont lack the ability to recovery, working out 3 times full body or upper/lower saves time.

it depends on *how* you workout.
Please don't post on this board ever again. It's so wrong on so many levels I'm just baffled. 4/10 here's your (You), now leave.

So I reload to .5pl8 to do that and waste 2 hours doing 18 sets everyday?

You can for sure work out every day, it just means you have to live a lifestyle conducive to athletic development, i.e. plenty of food, sleep, no alcohol, no drugs and a low stress lifestyle in general.

You can't really do this unless you're in college, NEET or a professional athlete Tbh.

deadlift never higher than 10reps you dingus.

>saves time
3 days*2hrs is not less than {5,6 days}*1hr
and, you'll be able to hit each muscle group better. with a 3 days/week full body you'd I guess at least rotate the exercise order, so only the first compound receives the maximum effort and each muscle group is hit hard only once. not to mention systemic recovery and whatnot, but here we're assuming you're recovering just fine.

Or have a comfy office job.

t. posting from work

If you think you do too low volume, go nuts with it instead, vary intensity with volume. Do 3x3 heavy as fuck sets, then do 6 x 25 another day. Or you do myu first option of minimalistic effort.

Could maybe work if you have a home gym to save on travel time, but I'd guess its difficult to do high frequency training correctly, no?

High rep compounds are actually pretty good, dingus. This will fatigue all the involved muscles, not just the weakest chain. SAy if your hamstrings are weakest, they fail, you can't lift anymore. Lightwer weight, more reps, gives the hammys time to recover while lifting during the set, allowing the other muscles to also get more fatigued. What's so hard to understand?

stop posting

Yeah got myself a poverty tier free weights homegym around 4 years ago, it sure saves a ton of time and money.

Are you one of these I only do 3 rep sets all year round guys?

Usually do 1 rep sets

Ehh.. That's funny.

more volume, provided you can recover from it (does not exceed MRV) and you have some type of periodization in place, means a greater training effect

if the only way you can do that volume is to go to the gym 6 days a week, you will make more gains doing 6 days

People are so against volume training with compounds for some reason. It's the best time-saver.

Even better if you do volume one exercise, and intensity another, so you dont go balls to the walls on eaither CNS-wise, but still stimulate muscle growth

I do prefer more sets and fewer reps, but my main problem is the sickening broscience in your post. Literally all you're achieving is greater muscular endurance, there is absolutely not in any way a greater training effect in terms of muscular growth, in fact it may be the opposite.

>t.dyel

You build the same amount of muscle if you count the weight times the reps, no matter the weight really. As long as you are 60% of your max it is enough to stimulate growth. Doing volume work with lower weights saves time and your cns, you can do many more sets and heavier reps for growth, I dont deny that. But you can go heavy one muscle group, and then do some light with alot of volume for another, then go back the next day and go heavy/volume on vice-versa.

>You build the same amount of muscle if you count the weight times the reps, no matter the weight really

el diablo!

But doing heavy 90-95% singles every day is in fact significantly less taxing than any volume work.

>How To Not Make Gains
The Post

>4x14

Is it really?

Isn't the intensity, not nmbr of repetions the most taxing?

Or just warm up then pyramid down every day, taking your routine for example:

Day 1 / 2 / 3:
Deadlift 15, 10, 5, 2
Bench 15, 10, 5, 2
Chinups 15, 10, 5, 2

With appropriate weights for each rep range, of course

Relative intensity is what's really taxing. 90% of your 1rm for 1 rep is like RPE 7-7.5, maybe 8 on a bad day, whereas volume work would be multiple sets across at RPE 8+.

>Used to go 6 days a week and felt great
You realize you are supposed to add weight to your lifts correct?

Why do novices bother with meme workouts, just do ss or 5x5 like normal people, then you can argue once you're actually lifting a bit of weight after 6 months.

>normal people
>SS and 5x5

lmao

normal people do brosplits or upper lower or ppl or something

dude, pls go. this is fucking retarded

you grow when you rest not when you work out. work out destroys muscles, rest repairs them