Everyone has that moment; that day were you said 'that's it', and you started training/lifting/running...

Everyone has that moment; that day were you said 'that's it', and you started training/lifting/running, or to put it simply: improving yourself

do you mind sharing it? you know it is there. Just share the feels, or your success story, mate

webm obviously related
RIP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gfQ8u__-47g
youtube.com/watch?v=jsiW4-lLrLs
youtube.com/watch?v=82NXtraD7kg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

realised europe is dying

Friend told me I looked fat in a picture. I did look fat in that picture.

Inb4 butthurt incels in this thread

got rejected by a girl. i was fine with being rejected, but then she start joking about it with her friends. That utter disdain of her towards me and is what made me start lifting.3 years and 40 pounds later, here I am.

Was a erry day stoner since I was about 13, till around the start of this year, 25 now. Had a perfect qt azn gf who had no idea about my habits. Knew If I couldn't quit I'd lose her, because every time I saw her I'd go days without smoking and get withdrawal, causing me to snap at her constantly over stupid shit. Tried to quit multiple times when I was still with her, but failed. Went as far as throwing my bong off a cliff, bought one the next day, was pretty heavily addicted. Then one day I snapped at her for the last time and she just ended it, saw her the next day going out with some geeky as fuck guy with a leon kennedy haircut. Made me feel like the biggest cuck on the planet. Came within an inch of killing myself, went on a huge drug binge, trying basically every drug I'd never tried before, fucked some fatties, parents sent me to a psychologist after seeing me break down in front of them a couple times. He got me back on track, helped me decide on a career so I could stop sitting at home smoking bongs all day. Decided I wanted to be a cop, so for that I had to get fit, and so I quit drugs, quit smoking. Swapped /v/ for Veeky Forums, and here I am.

I took a photo of myself one day during my most stressful college semesters with the intent to update my facebook profile. And I looked at it. And my face soured.

>user, what the FUCK happened to you?

It was ugly. Not just fat, but straight -p ugly with bad hair and bad hygiene. I tried to trick myself into believing it was just bad lighting and took another picture when I got home, this time with my shirt off. It was worse than I thought, and the blissful ignorance of my shit body had finally disappeared and I knew I had to change. After that I went from /v/ to Veeky Forums and started to relearn what I knew about nutrition.

May not be at my goal yet, but I've never gotten this bad since. Hopefully now that I have a stable career, I can focus on my health.

A lot of people probably have exciting, "I was in the middle of getting beat when i decided" stories. And yet, despite years of being bullied, years dealing with a crazed sister who threatened us with knives every other week, despite being suicidally depressed for 9 years, the thing that made me want to lose weight, was that it was the last year of highschool and we had to go to a waterpark.

Wet n' wild, and they have a ride called the aqua loop, you take your shirt off, and you weigh yourself infront of strangers. I was 120kgs, 187cm tall and in my head, i decided i'll lose enough weight to be able to ride it without being laughed at. THAT was when i decided to change, all because of such a vain reason.

aw shit son, you from AZ?

3 assholes jumped on me and my friend one night
2 of the guys grabbed me, and my friend ran away from the 3rd guy, and left me there
they didn't fuck me up out of pity, IMO
that day i learned to stand by myself
never happened to me again, and I think it is because after all these years of training, I am not the easy target that i was back then

i watched this
youtube.com/watch?v=gfQ8u__-47g

AZ? I'm from QLD Australia?

Oh. I didn't realize Wet'n'wild was an international brand.

Yeah man, they got one here, I don't know if it's all around australia, but it seems to be that there are a few around the world?

Me either, our wet n' wild was bought out by 6 flags years ago and changed to hurrican harbor.

I originally lose weight because pussy. I was damned if I was going to be a fat virgin.... I could get laid when I was fat, but I disgusted myself too much to want to let a chick see me naked.

A "friend" of mine when I was 12 years old pinned me down and raped me while another was watching. I didn't realize what had happened other than very strange kind of bullying until one of two said friends asked me "Hey, didn't XXXXXX like, ra-"(interrupted him). At that moment when I told him to shut up I had forced myself to forget about it.
I didn't realize that the reason that I had become obsessed with some level of fitness was from that day. I wasn't trying to look good for women, I was trying to sharpen my claws.

what the fuck

U werent just beeeing u'reself.

I was playing fallout nv for the 7th time and I realized it was not giving me any real joy
Nothing was making me happy so I thought about lifting
I was a skeleton my whole life so when I saw how my lifts were increasing and I got that first cep the nasrsistic personality realsead itself and now I strive to become the ultimate being
> smart
> athletic
> attractive
> charismatic
> wealthy
I'm aiming to basically be Patrick Bateman minus the imageing to kill people

Both my parents were overweight, Mom 235 at 5'5 Dad 260 (at his biggest) at 5'10 they hoped I wasn't going to be but expected it none the less, and here I am 180, 6'1 with a 10% bodyfat

Me too, user.
We're going to make it.

Your desires are shallow and your spirit to improve will break when you start to age.

Being the best you you can be is shallow?

If you care about your looks and don't love yourself 100% the way you are right now, you are a narcissistic asshole and literally deserve to die.

fpbp

I got a job at a publishing place afters a few years of struggling. I was 24 or so and had always been skinny. Walking down the hall I saw all the mid-thirties male editors hunched over computers with skinny arms but guts hanging over their belts. It was like looking into my future and it scared the fuck out of me. Started lifting that weak.

If you love yourself 100% and don't care about your looks you shouldn't be on this board.

You're not improving yourself to be the best you can be. You're improving yourself because you already love yourself. You wouldn't have gotten to that stage of your life and just now realize you need to make improvements if you didn't love yourself already.
Don't spend your youth masturbating to your own image. It will fade, and that love will become hate. While you are young and amiable, love someone else. They will not always be around when you are older. You'll have plenty of time to love yourself when your peers begin leaving this life.

Now don't take that as me telling you not to work out and study. Just warning you that if you improve yourself for the sake of yourself then you will only become frustrated when said self begins to suffer the effects of age.
Become smart so you can make the right decisions.
Become athletic so that your body is never your excuse
Become wealthy so that money is never the cause for you or your families despair
If you become capable, attraction and charisma will come naturally.

my friend in high school told me he deadlifted 365 and that was just fucking mindblowing to me, i didn't know how it was possible for a human to be that strong

i started lifting a couple months later and deadlifted 405 (starting from 135) in a few months

When I saw an episode of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Realised it wasn't ironic I was literally a washed up NEET who spent his birthday on the internet. Got into lifting and accounting training the next week.

>weed isn't addicting, goy
>come on, why won't you just legalise it? make it easy accessible to anyone, without fear of legal trouble?
>it's just a plant, goy!

been fat my whole life, dad died. Just felt like i should make more out of life.

My friend dragged my ass out to a gym and the momentum stuck. I eventually had to ask that he stop going with me though cause he kept wanting to do different shit when I was trying to follow a program and the ego lifting was getting on my nerves as well.

I had to keep trying over and over. Can't even remember particularly when it was that it started sticking. Moments of determination and motivation are largely bullshit, and form later excuses for bad discipline.

started balding

Went through a phase similar to this user after college. I had never partied. Kept my head down and forward. Was in decent shape because I knew it was important to balance out school and what not. Graduated. Lost a lot of connections because of my attitude towards life itself at the time. Started doing drugs every day. Including weed, which was the worst to break away from. Weed is seductively addictive. My mother in law will throw a literal shit fit if she does not get to smoke weed whenever she demands it to be had. It rules her everyday life. Anyone that says it is not addictive or harmful are lying. I have seen it ruin a person financially and stall their momentum to even start trying to get out of that hole. That's what kicked it in for me. I absolutely did not want to waste my potential anymore. Got clean from everything, started a martial art, worked out twice a day, found a better job than construction. Got married, having our second child in October, and as soon as we can get back to being completely stable financially, I will be returning to the gym everyday and practicing martial arts/outdoor activities every other weekend. Side note, I want my kids to distance themselves from our current fat culture and to be productive/contributing people in society.

Struggled to find job after graduation. Started lifting for want of something productive to do. Improving my looks and posture may have contributed to my eventual success. Continue to lift because I can still fit through doorways

I started looking closer at myself. I realized that the reason why I had a double chin in certain pics wasn't because I was smiling or at a weird angle but because I was fat. I also realized that I was wasting my youth and not realizing my full potential. I am on my way there after losing 20 lbs and being 175 lbs at the moment but I still have a long way to go. I am just grateful that I started before it was too late. The greatest feeling from all of this could be that people have noticed my changes. Simple things like my girlfriend feeling my muscles (my glutes) when we have sex or friends I haven't contacted in years complimenting my loss so far.
Life has been hectic lately, I started lifting while I was in college and I was making great progress until I was thrown out of the house (for the third time) by my literally bipolar mom and my father. It was all over stupid shit like them not wanting to date a latina girl and them finding out or that I didn't do the yard in the rain on the night an essay was due. I said fuck it and moved in with my grandparents. I gained some weight during the transition, stupidly, and now I am back at my lowest at 175 lbs. All throughout this bullshit Veeky Forums has always been there to cheer me up. Now that I am joining the Air Force I am glad more than ever that I came here for myself and made a change. I really don't know where I would be if I hadn't taken those steps beforehand and I can't wait to reach my ultimate goals in fitness. I still have a ways to go but I am thankful I have you guys to help me along the way there.

Beautiful

This

Same shit as most people on Veeky Forums
>about to off myself
>anons called me a fag
>fuck you I'm not a fag
>gave it one last shot, 5 year deadline
>1 year and 9 months later
>pretty happy
>excited about what's in the future for me

/thread

Mix of /pol/ and the golden one influence and wanting to fuck over my ex

Because im the biggest idiot in the world.

I had a GF of eight years and i threw her out the house. I was in a bad place, no diploma, shitty job, no ambition, alcoholic, smoked like a chimney. She was my only ray of hope of a better life. She did have goals and she was always working hard at school, the plan was that id pay for her school and after she graduated she would pay for mine, she would then earn more. Well come one shitty night where i was in a drunk state and we argued over something small, i told her the cruelest things. Called her a cockroach beneath my shoes.. yes cruel things. I grabbed alle her clothes and packed them and told her she would be happier wothout me. She begged me not to send her away, but i did. I was so angry at life and everything and at that moment i didnt realize i cast away the only light i had in my life. Not an hour passed or i called her like crazy begging her to come back but it was 2 late. I was broken. I coudnt eat sleep yadda yadda for half a year. Thats when i started inproving myself. Not really into it but i started, i started school and got a gym membership going on. Lo and behold after finding my own worh she came back. She saw the changes and wanted to give us another try. Guess what happend? After 4 months i was back at drinking and smoking. Forgot everything i promised myself. And yes one day we got back from a date. Thats when she said it. ; i think its best if we just stayed friends.

I looked in the mirror.

i whip out my list and read the rules again, the rules i wrote to myself on the day when i just wanted to die. It motivates me into knowing that hey LIFE IS FUCKING SHIT, and im going all the way to the top of the asshole, because there just has got to be more to life then this..

Well after a few month my ex again saw the improvements and we stayed in contact as friends, but things will never be the same. I studied everyday for 2 hours ebcause that was one of the rules and i got my diploma, another rule was that i would be in the gym the first hour after work EVERY DAY, withou sa-sun.

So yeah i dont want to bragg but i have slept with woman who ive never in my wildest dreams would have imagined being interrested in me. Only thing left for me is getting rich. Thats it, just getting rich.

Anyway ofc there was a lot more going on but yeah that night that was my breaking point, or revelation point i dont know. Hope you guys share too.

nobody cared who I was until I put on the mass...

Holy shit dude, I hope things are turning up. Keep on improving and never look back. This motivated the fuck out of me, I am the Air Force user above, I fucking am shit at studying. I need to write some rules down for myself. I wish you all the best man.

Thanks, and good luck to you too!
I wrote that list btw because i kept forgetting my promises to myself. Nowadays it has like a sort of soothing thing i cant explain it, but i like having the list folded always with me. It sounds crazy but i think you got to be a little crazy to make it in this world.

Again best of luck to you!

>I still have a ways to go but I am thankful I have you guys to help me along the way there.
i didn't expect this feels, man
what the fuck
thank you, mate

What The Fuck.

Blog post incoming.
I'm one of those right-wing death squad lunatics that the news keeps warning you about. Part of a group of guys who do some pretty intense tactical firearms training here in BASED AZ. I had just gotten into it, as I was still young, weapons and gear are not cheap.
Team of 5. Me, cop twin 1, cop twin 2, fat man, and fat wife. The exercise lasts about 30 minutes, have to complete obstacles while moving tactically as a team, carry heavy shit, and send people to the line to shoot, all wearing around 30-40 pounds of gear, carrying a rifle.
Moving is hard, as you lay prone, get up to dash a few yards, and hit the dirt once more. I'm already sucking wind.
Fat wife moves like a turtle, complaining about her ankle, then her knee. Both the man and wife are geared to the teeth. The man has a fucking TAVOR 21 (1,900 dollar Israeli rifle). The wife literally takes like 10 seconds to go from prone to standing.
Instructor has had enough, declares the wife has been shot. She just stands there. So she gets shot again, and now needs immediate extraction. Cop twin1 and I are sent on a 100 yard sprint and back to grab a stretcher. Thing is an easy 50 pounds.
We roll fat bitch onto the stretcher, she's an easy 250. Now we're down to 4 men, 2 on the strecher, 2 providing cover. Still having to move low to simulate not getting fucking killed.
My forearms are jelly at this point, I can barely hold my rifle when its time to shoot. I think I even threw up, I'm not sure. Instructor took pity on us, and called the exercise. It was obvious that I wouldn't make it. Fat husband already had tapped out.

My revelation in the next post.

sound really cool, desu

Nice pasta

some of my friends in highschool joked around with me about being dyel. I realized how true it was. now im bigger than all of them

So do you think alcohol should be banned too? Some people abuse alcohol and get addicted. Should their lack of self control ruin it for the rest of us?

That's when it all washed over me. I was a faker. Just like that husband and wife, covered in gear, lying to themselves that they were prepared, training to be warriors. They couldn't run a quarter mile if their lives depended on it. That was me. Carrying a big gun, wearing cool armor and gear, a soft-body in wolfs clothing. Then I realized something else. We would have all been killed, because of me. Cop twins came ready to play, and they would get dragged down because I was weak. Because I was not ready. I felt awful. Just fucking low.
I decided I'd never feel that weak, that useless ever again. I was done lying to myself, training my gun and not my body, pretending I was a warrior. When I began, 10 pushups was a max set, a 3 minute jog, my absolute best, a pull-up was a dream. Now I do sets of 50, a mile run is a warmup, and pull-ups are still hard as fuck.
I'm 26 years old, and in the best shape of my life, still working hard on my fitness. One of the best investments I've ever made, but it wasn't my hate of my body, or my shitty high school life, or women that made me change. It was a disgust at my own weakness. Now I just want to be better than other men.
T-t-thanks Veeky Forums

I want respect

me too

No ofcource not, and for gods sake smoke weed without tobacco. Thats the stuff that gets you addicted!

that was sweet

because I was a fucking mess

i used to be fat and lost weight, around hs I finally lost my virginity and started smoking weed, put away the vidya, started feeling like you know I was gonna start being a normal ass fucking person once in my life. well ive always been kind of a sensitive guy and weed does something to my psychology when I'm on it, just makes me not only self-conscious but also really fucking sad. so when i got dumped and my heart broken after a 3 month fling with a girl i thought was my legit type, only for her to go off and find that success and popularity and (desu) comfort in her own skin id always been pining for, fucking killed me mane.

on and off for 7 years i did nothing but wallow in that loneliness, smoking weed, punching holes in the wall, eating/fapping/shitposting in bed, contemplating suicide, i hated going to college, i hated feeling like gum on their sneakers, just this invisible little fucking faggot dweeb with no gf, no prospects, sad, alone, hateful, awkward and quiet if he's high, overly friendly and kinda fake when he's sober.

i hated living like this. couldn't tell u how many weekends i spent driving around the city by myself, seeing bright young happy attractive people living their lives while i smoked myself stupid and kept thinking about death. such a dark, lonely fucking time, i wouldn't wish it on anyone

i told myself i'd give it 110% for a year and if I'm still in the grip of the same feelings by next Christmas i'm offing myself. and here we are

Why would that be pasta? It's not even good.
youtube.com/watch?v=jsiW4-lLrLs

Video from Ground Combat School. I'm not in this one. Yes, it's Pirates of the Caribbean music. Lead instructor is a total Disney nut.

When I was about 12 or 13, I used to love roleplaying on Gaia online. I had a character that I'd always play that was basically any anime hero, and I wanted to be him. I was skinny, weird, and my body was exceptionally weak from never having done anything but WoW and surfing the web. The motivation to be like the character I always played is what got me to start trying to improve myself. Pretty autistic story but that's what did it for me.

I got fat over my three years out of high school. I was a jobless neet walking around when Bad News by Owen came on, looked down at a puddle and saw how horrendous I looked. Seeing my fat fuckin body mixed with Mike Kinsella saying shit like, "you're a has-been who never was" and "you aren't: a good friend, unique, well-read, good-looking, or smart" in my ear really opened my eyes.

>Lead instructor is a total Disney nut.

It was for a grill, got 'cheated' and felt like shit so but saw the results from 106kg to 93 and felt good, then I've keep going to reach my goal of 68kg I'm at 73kg atm, and I feel more alive than ever, even had a surgery for the loose skin, still recovering but I do weights or calesthenics everyday if I can, so if I learnt something is, do things for yourself only, that's the best thing you can do, you can always improve

I was 16 trying to impress a girl and said i workout, she wanted to see my abs and i was like "ill save that for later". So i started working out so i can actually look good

Share rules pls

Thanks for this user. I hope you have a nice life. Good Luck!!

Seconding this

my parents still support me even after doing a lot of shitty mistakes that could have been avoided and they're still proud of me so i want to at least look decent and healthy for them.
Also i want to get swole for pianoman

i used to be really into fitness in high school but struggled with depression all my life. after a certain point i stopped caring about everything, including my physique. i lost interest in everything that once brought me joy. i've been keeping my eyes on world news since i was a kid and the past decade started to make me question whether human beings even deserve to live. and so for the past 3 years I've been waiting for the day I die or kill myself because i didn't give a fuck about life. i was "depressed" not in the sense that i was sad, but that i was numb. i couldn't care less. went auschwitz mode, then went fat. 60 pound fluctuation in 1 year. didn't care.

then i met her.

it wasn't a "love at first sight" type bullshit. but as i got to know her over these past 8 months, i saw her be open with her own struggles with life and i saw how she didn't let it hold her back from doing everything she can to make her life better. she works hard, and she doesn't give up.

just by being herself, she reminded me that even in a world as shitty as the one we leave in, filled with shitty people who do shitty things to each other across the globe, there are still some people who prove to you that life deserves at least a chance. she gave me hope.

she's no longer speaking to me. i started lifting 12 weeks ago. i continue to lift now because i feel in some sense i do it in honor of her. i've lost 20 pounds, and dropped 10% bf. i'm looking better than ever, and i couldn't feel worse. the hope is gone, but the progress, and my life for now at least, will continue.

i hope one of these days she'll speak to me again. she changed me, i'm still trying to figure out if that was a good thing.

good luck man, seems like you went through a lot

Saved, thanks m8

>i was "depressed" not in the sense that i was sad, but that i was numb. i couldn't care less. went auschwitz mode, then went fat. 60 pound fluctuation in 1 year. didn't care.
are you me?
I think I still have to find my 'place', and once I get there, I will know it and be happy
maybe it is a matter of wrong people, or wrong place... I don't think it is a matter of attitude, because I am not sad either
thank you for sharing, lad

This.

went to a 4chin meetup and got slightly mocked and turned into a meme for being a fatty

didn't really hurt me that much mentally, but it was a wake up call regarding my weight

>race war
stop fucking hyping shit that'll never happen

>when to a Veeky Forums meetup
>got mocked

How pathetic can you be?

my left foot went numb and i thought i had diabetes so i panicked and lost 60 pounds

p sure it was just a pinched nerve

not on the meetup itself, but afterwards when they posted the image

this my ancestors filled me with the rage they felt in ww2
they told me i must become the Ubermensch

It isn't too late.

For me it was a tiny moment of clarity in my daily routine.

Lived with my parents in a first floor. 15 steps. One day, for whatever reason, I decided to jog "all the way" up the steps... and completely lost my breath till the point of dizziness. I was 40Kg overweight.

Started running the day after. Lasted for 45 seconds before vomiting... but I kept going. Bought two db's the month after and discovered Veeky Forums when Zyzz was still posting here. Now I can run 20K withouth much trouble and I'm preeeety close to 1-2-3-4, and maybe more important, aestethic as fuark.

We are all gonna make it.

>be 5'5"
>walking downtown
>annoying charity panhandler ironically says, "Hey big guy, I need your help"
>from that point on, no one would ever call me big guy sarcastically again

>Your desires are shallow and your spirit to improve will break when you start to age.
I have nothing else in life to do

>hey there big guy
but what did you do to make them stop?

>microdose shrooms in a cottage party while drinking without anyone knowing.
>it´s autumn and were faraway from city so the sky is filled with stars
>me and a bunch of my friends lay on a jakuzzi watching the milky way and shit
>Suddenly sky is filled with northern lights
>this music plays on the background youtube.com/watch?v=82NXtraD7kg
>newer felt so content in life and such a great connection to everything
>after sky´s all dark do some more shrooms and go trip in sauna by the lake
>go back to jakuzzi after enjoying some kaleidoskope like visions in sauna
>still chill but somebody switched the music to some shitty spotify top 50 list
>this fat girl starts to give some older dyke a massage
>the older dyke is enjoying it too much
>literal orgasm sounds and shitty music combined with tripping out is pretty shitty combination
>check out the cabin
>people are playing some drinking games at this point and it´s a big nono for me
>fuck it i´m going for a run
>im only wearing my swimming shorts and its kinda cold and almost 3am
>running has newer felt so smooth
>i´m picturing myself as some kenyan runner pro and sometimes a deer running trough some country roads
>best runners high ever
>run for hour or two
>calves cramping out so i decide to go back to the cabin and get some sleep
>spend two more days there and enjoy the last decently warm days of the year with good company
>afterwards get started on long distance cycling which i newer enjoyed that much
>a year later im still doing 3-4 hour long bike rides at nights and enjoy the shit out of being active in nature
>t-thanks fat dykes

>I was a skeleton my whole life so when I saw how my lifts were increasing and I got that first cep the nasrsistic personality realsead itself and now I strive to become the ultimate being
Literally me.

Yes

> stopped being a brainlet
Junior year when I realized most people are retards and don't know shit about anything.

> stopped being a fat fuck
Gained 10kg during 2yr of chronic pain (and following depression). Lost all of it and now starting a lean bulk.

fuck i almost bit, you've earned a (you)

When I was wrestling heavyweight as a sophomore in hs. At one tournament I weighed in at 236. Seeing that number kinda fucked with me, and I got down to 178 by my senior season, and was considerably stronger then too.

This. I have nice cheekbones and a strong jawline, but I'm still going to be in trouble if my hairline gets to Vegeta-mode before my body. I'm a recovering skeleton, and a bald head does not go well on a skinny guy.

I was a size 28 (EU - Jeans) , male sizes started at 30, so I had to go pick out shorts from the kids section.
I was 18, 185 cm and 68 kg at the time.

everyone who seriously respoded to this is shy of 16