/plg/ - powerlifting general

b ok

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mqQhXfvhCYE
youtube.com/watch?v=19Te_pWi4uA&ab_channel=PeteRubish
instagram.com/p/BYPbBxMAUPm/?taken-by=poutineandtheipf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>mfw fat midget shit heads think bouncing a barbell off of their gut, having a 5 inch ROM bench press, 8 inch ROM squat and 10 inch ROM sumo deadlift is impressive

what would be the next be program for someone who's been doing 5/3/1?

>he doesn't know the rules

Okay little guy. Lemme know how that road to your 1pl8 bench is coming.

Sheiko? Clutz? Cuckols? Blessings?

There's so many now, too many..

anything is better than 5/3/1

Literally whichever you think you'll enjoy the most

I'm a monkey man, I lockout 1-2 inches above my knees

>tfw used to be a sheltered innocent kid but found a PBF book at the library when I was 9 which started my spiral towards depravity

Then your squat/deadlift imbalance is less a matter of quad weakness (although the tendency to squat morning when shit gets hard is definitely a sign that you could use some extra quad work), and more of the fact that your long arms naturally make your deadlift easier to progress due to the large decrease in rom.

What is a PBF?

For example, Isley is quite the monkey man himself, and his squat is 225 while his dead is 305. Sure, his squat form is awful, but if he didn't have long arms his deadlift would be much worse.

perry bible fellowship, name of the comics being posted

should I fix butt wink or just yolo it

Fix pls

Buttwink harder.

teach plz its pretty bad

I was talking with some gym bro some time ago about butt winks. He made a point about how me and him do buttwink and most of the guys as well, but girls never ever buttwink at all. Back then i kinda disregarded it, but now that i think about I've never seen girls do buttwink when squatting. Really makes me think actually why is that a thing.

ROM is measured in degrees of joint movement.

Gym thots are well versed in the movement patterns required to show off their ass by inducing anterior pelvic tilt.

Lots of girls butt wink, I've seen it a bunch. They just usually don't get low enough to get it because they quarter squat.

Why is my RDL higher (almost) than my deadlift? I can RDL 125kg for 3x8 but DL 135kg with a struggle. I do RDLs after VD squats and DLs after ID squats. If it helps, I squat 155kg low bar for a 5RM. My form is good on everything I believe.

Women are more flexible and usually aren't as concerned with lifting as heavy as possible at the expense of form/ROM. They want to partake in Instagram fitness culture and simply lifting is enough to them. The guys want to impress their mates. Both are obviously bad approaches.

Hit my last heavy dead a few days ago before my meet. 19 days out from a USPA meet. Pretty happy with this 597lb pull as I haven't messed with calibrated plates since my last meet two years ago. Competing raw so no wraps.

youtu.be/mqQhXfvhCYE

So far my best lifts this training cycle was:
535x2 Squat (issue is my tendonitis flared up so I may have to highbar and I can only do 525ish highbar.)
355x1 Bench @90%ish
597 dead 10 days after. 605 pull with normal plates

I'm pumped to break four silly state records.

youtu.be/mqQhXfvhCYE

I thought maybe getting drunk alone at 3am might help fix my problems but all I did was throw up and it didn't help at all

oh

Nice

How did you get a 605 deadlift? What was/is your programming? Mine won't budge (Texas method)

He used anabolic steroids

Not that I am being judgemental. Steroids, like smoking, are cool.

TM doesn't have enough pulling volume or frequency. Run a better program for deads and continue TM for squat and bench

So 12ish weeks ago I was at 545lbs sumo. Pulled sumo for all of my training up until I got a coach. She switched me to conventional and it's been skyrocketing since. She has me deadlift 3x a month every 7 days with a week off. I'm only doing 1-3 reps when I'm pulling.

All other work is done with pulls from knees, RDLs, and deficit deads. That's where I get my speed and rep work.

You're not wrong. I was scripted TRT @150mg test c a week when I was halfway to age 20. I've done two other 8 weeks cycles at 400mg when I had left over test left. These were honestly pretty shitty cause I ended up hurting myself both times. After this meet I'm gonna do a cycle again, but work with a coach to get the most from it. I said fuck it why not cycle if I'm on for life anyways.

>my deadlift won't budge
>doing texas method

Maybe you should do a program where your deadlift frequency and total number of working sets are not both equal to 1.

What should I run instead? I assumed the brutality of TM squats made for anything more than 1x a week deadlifts inappropriate

Are they really as hard to recover from as rip says? To be honest I'm very confused when it comes to deadlift programming.

>5x5 is now considered brutal
Why everyone who runs tm is fat, weak and retarded?

No one cares how much you fucking deadlift cause you're gonna end up like pic related. Its all about getting aesthetics.

Hey fellas, intermediate lifter here. I just switched to 5/3/1 from another program and today was my first day. The 65%, 75%, and 85% of 90% of 1RM were all insanely easy. Is this normal for the first cycle of 5/3/1, or should I adjust my maxes?

You're supposed to get at least 10, 8 and 6 reps on the 5+, 3+ and 1+ days to be hitting a PR. Give or take a rep depending on whether you're strong or weak at rep PRs

I wish I could look like in your pic. Those guys are fucking huge.

Guys on the left and right look better than any twink you put them next to.

Not so much that 5x5 is brutal but there's no variation in volume or anything. The only thing that changes is that the bar gets heavier, and heavier, and heavier...I dunno I just wondered if there's room for more deadlift volume but I'm happy to be educated

There's no variation in volume because it's the bare minimum. If you're grinding out maximal effort sets of 5, switch to a RPE based system, keep your rests 3-5 minutes and when you stop progressing with the lower amount of work, switch program. If your program doesn't have enough volume to progress, it's stupid to continue to grind out RPE10 sets on volume work just to squeeze the last little bit of progression out of it.

fat midget shit head spotted lmao. also, i can 3pl8 bench for reps. keep on whining and attacking strawmen you fat little bitch.

There are some pretty autistic retards on Veeky Forums but this is by far the worst use of the strawman buzzword I've ever seen.

Pls b nice, u r being roode

I've been doing madcow for a few months now, seen ok results, but always felt that the volume was lacking. Had a dream the other night where Rip came to me and asked why the fuck i'm not doing texas method. Should I switch?

>tfw no thicc wife

pls respond

Not like Texas method has more volume. Just increase the volume if you find it lacking. You're not a beginner now, you've the right to make some adjustments to your program.

not an argument. stay mad and obsessed with your superior, fat midget shit head.

why can i pull 70lb less on a deadlift bar?

Because you don't train on a deadlift bar?

Should my openers be about 90% of my 1rm?

A bit less maybe. Depends on how easily you hit 90% for 1. 80-90% is a decent range. It should be whatever an easy triple is for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=19Te_pWi4uA&ab_channel=PeteRubish

does anyone else feel a bit sorry for pete? he used to be on top of the world on DL, but in the last couple of years, some freaks have been coming out of the woodwork and hes being left behind...

I get a pinging/electric shock jolt in the inside of my elbow when near the bottom of the decent of the ohp

Wtf is this? Feels bad man

honestly want expecting to have a Norman khan this morning due To the massive deportation that happened last night but here we are

So far I've heard five distinguishable plops

Let's take a peak shall we

Ah yes five little pajeet logs, as expected

Feel that I've got to drop one more off to be disposed but I'm not so sure

Hmm

Hmm

Nope I think I'm done here

post your body geek i need a good laugh
norman khan posting is growing on me

Texas Method

Buttwink tends to happen either due to a lack of flexibility, or the weight being enough to cause enough force to be transferred through your back and hips in the hole that your back loses some extension. Women tend to be more flexible than men, and generally never lift anything even remotely heavy, so it's rarely ever a problem for them.

He could, and I'm just spitballing here, add more deadlifts. 5x3 (setsxreps) at 70-75% of max on volume day shouldn't be too much to handle.

Texas Method is a broad, general template of a weekly micro-cycle of Volume-Recovery-Heavy, usually as part of a macro cycle that is going to do that with increasing weights over 8-12 weeks before a deload week and a half and some fresh new maxes (or tears and shattered dreams, as it goes).

It's not TM's fault you're too stupid to use it right.

BBBBBBRRRRRRAFFFFFTSPPPPPL

AH FUCK

FALSE ALARM I LIED

Some fucking ugh this turned into semi DIRREAHA splatter now what the fuck what a strange set of events yep you heard it here first I am now

brrrrraaaaaaffssspllllt

Fucking hell this Norman khan is all Mushy now

I've now excreted like 3 to 4 blobs of Norman khan and I'll tell you what they're a lot more Smelly than the previous more Solid ones from a moment ago

Yell you what my intestines don't feel too well either

Fuck I feel another one coming
BRRRFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSTSSSTFFF PLSPLAT

honestly this has turned rather uncomfortable

Should be over soon just on the sheer overall quantity that I've disposed of in the last 24 hours..

Plop

Think that was the last, it's gotta be the last

i disagree i see buttwink exlusively with women amost

>i disagree i see buttwink exlusively with women amost

I see a lot of women overextend on the descent and make any movement, even from extension to neutral, look more pronounced

I'm so stupid why am I wasting so much time obsessing over trying to improve in powerlifting, building muscle, and general athleticism when I'm a complete GDE?

This is a call to all GDEs out there, STOP. YOU WILL NEVER BE GOOD.
Not everybody is meant to be an >athlete

sumo memers*
ban the sumo desu

I see that aswell. But I think its mostly because of their built. 99% of the women have a short torso and very long femurs. This will lead to forward torso lean and easier to aggravate the buttwink

due to hipstructure variation the amount of buttwink will differ from person to person with the same build. But my point is a more upright squat will always have less buttwink and you will become always less upright with longer femurs

Your constantly autistic defense of Texas method is on the level of Raffy defending sheiko.

because he literally is raffy, pretending to be yet another person. My bet is that is some another raffy friend or even worse someone who raffy coaches.

Raffy didn't coach anyone. He was a turbo twink with a sub-900 lbs total.

and fig jam is some turbo fatty lifting meh weights. I bet he found some retard to coach.

He is fat, but to be fair a 600 lbs squat and 555 deadlift are impressive at 105kg. He's no talent chad, but he's definitely a good lifter.

>105kg
Maybe if he was 105kg he's closer to 120.

I didn't think he was that fat, but idk. Still a good squat imo though. I thought he did a meet around 400ish wilks once and that's 40 points higher than me so I won't say he's bad.

Also /plg/ is too gullible remember how many pics he posted of that girl. Even the ipf one. Raffy is turbo tier autist he's capable of faking yet another personality. Until I see figjam at some meet with at least 3 more people from /plg/ to confirm it's him I'm gonna say it's raffy.

havent seen his 600lbs squat though but his 555 deadlift is questionable he used some sketchy plates

I physically can not conventional deadlift with a belt and NOT round my back

I can pull conventional with a straight back without a belt, but I am weaker and it still doesn't look pretty.

Idk wtf to do

Iirc he's like my weight +/- 5 lbs

>wear belt
>use more weight
>back rounds because of more weight
>dont use belt
>use less weight
>back doesnt round
Realy made me think

a belt probably fucks your setup by preventing you from folding up as neatly as you can without one

try wearing it higher, looser, or get a tapered belt like oly lifters use just for deads

No, he's just using the belt as a crutch. Usually a belt forces you to not your back so it doesn't bump up against your ribs, or get caught in the skin of your gut. If someone is lifting more weight with a round back and only when they're wearing a belt, chances are their spinal erectors are a weakpoint.

This isn't actually what happens. I meant my back rounds as soon as I put on the belt regardless of weight.
(Unless its like 1pl8 I guess)

Doesn't happen when pulling sumo

I was thinking something like this but I have no idea what one it is

I'd argue otherwise cause I can do 100kg x 20 sgdl but I can't do that pulling sumo

im gonna do 10 sets of squats and bench on every workout day (3x/week) starting with 10x5 and keep adding weight until i cant do 10 sets anymore (not even a single) what could possibly go wrong

I expect in a few weeks you gonna cry about being injured GDE.

why

Where do you put the belt? Have you tried using a higher belt position?

nah man ill do facepulls and shit
to confuse them muscles with high volume that will automatically taper down

Here's the belt I use.

I can't really being it higher as then it is just wrapped around my ribcage. It seems to be almost the same size as my abdominals? But I don't know.

I think its an issue with bending over and the belt getting in the way somehow, but its very hard to tell.

>same size as my abdominals
Are you a manlet? I'm 5'6 and had similar problems but not as bad

The difference is that I'm right and Sheiko is a meme.

I weighed in at 226 lbs for the meet I did in April, where I ended up with a 399.something wilks, including a 272.5 kg (about 601 lbs) squat. Before the 555 lbs gym deadlift, I weighed myself at about 240 lbs in clothes and shoes on the gym scale.

If a 4'' belt is just too "tall" to fit between your ribs and illiac crest and still allow you to bend over and set your back properly for a conventional deadlift, you might benefit from a 3'' belt. But I don't know how you'd try without actually spending money on a 3'' belt you'd be stuck with if it isn't any benefit.

Also, with my prong belt, I have to make sure the overlap where the belt hooks into itself is perfectly centered on my fat stomach so that it will fall between my fat thighs when I bend over and allow me to set my fat back properly without interference. It might be less of a problem with a level belt like yours, but it's something to look into.

Haha, okay raffy

according to justin lascek, the stress required to drive progress is not only provided by VD but also ID.

also he says one should do as minimal volume on VD as possible, just enough to increase ID weekly.
In this case, 5x5 may even be too much volume for squats.

If this is not true, then what should be a more fail-proof way to go about the TM VD basing on RPE?

''minimal volume on VD'' will differ from time to time. This topic has been discussed a lot and the minimal amount lies in a range of 6 to 10% fatigue

play around with this, start with 6% and see how that effects your ID. Also do some backoff sets on ID, preferably enough to get 3% fatigue

how does one calculate fatigue?

fap and then calculate
size of load/non fatigued size of load

fatigue is calculated by measuring the % performance drop

the whole RPE system is based on it, every rep from failure is counted as 3% performance drop and thus 3% fatigue

lets say i do 2x5 of my 6RM, first set is 1 rep from failure, second is 0 from failure so i basicly cant do a 6th rep. Thus I reached a 3% performance drop and thus 3% fatigue. In reality this performance drop can be achieved within 1 set or 5, it entirely depends on the day thats whats good about it

More info: google rpe rts chart and general info read the topic of ''autoregulation'' on powerliftingtowin.com

Can confim. Mirin a hotty squatty yesterday and she wasn't even close to parallel to ground.

mirin quad quads
this, towards the end of a sheiko cycle your loads should be almost microscopic

How do I becoem an IG lifting celebrity lads

pls don't say "b strong" thats never gonna happoen

Take pictures of your ass all the time and get a bunch of thirsty guys wanting to fuck you

well you need some appeal

if stronk is not an option i would say get jacked but thats probally out of the window aswell

maybe just do stupid shit as a goof

thats not working

instagram.com/p/BYPbBxMAUPm/?taken-by=poutineandtheipf