Starting Strenght

So, this is the fate of the memelifter, Veeky Forums?

This is what I'll achieve if I keep doing Starting Meme?

Not shitposting, Veeky Forums. I want real answers, by people who actually did SS, and actually made some aesthetics gains.

Isn't starting strength for beginners? Why are you still "starting" after 2 years?

>by people who actually did SS, and actually made some aesthetics gains

STARTING *STRENGTH* IS NOT FOR LOOKING GOD IT'S FOR GETTING STARTING STRENGTH

FUCK

nope. Just don't eat 6000cals everyday. Eat at a small surplus of 250-500cals a day. Also this dude was just fat at the start. He shouldn't have bulked when he was fat. He is delusional for thinking he was skinny fat. If you do it for 4 months then just start an Upper/Lower of PPL then you'll be fine.

And what about the meme "strenght = muscles = aesthetics"?

I ain't, just got this "progress" by a dude who actually made an article on starting strenght mem'd him up.

I'm a skinnyfat, mate. I can "safely" bulk while doing SS? I'm eating at a surplus of less than 400kcals/day and I ain't seeing no gains. Some little gain in strenght, but none in size nor weight.

>strength = muscles = aesthetics

There are different amounts of sets and reps necessary for different goals. As said, starting strength makes you stronger with linear progression and a low to moderate amount of sets/reps to work out your muscles. This will naturally increase muscle size because there is correlation between strength and muscle volume.

Specifically for gaining aesthetics, you lower the amount of weight you work out with but increase the volume. This tones your muscles to make them more defined, but will not really make you stronger in a physical application.

Think of it like this: if you continuously lift heavier and heavier weights over time, your muscles have a very good reason to actually get stronger. If the weight you lift doesn't increase, but the amount of time you spend doing that activity increases instead, then your muscles don't have a good reason to get stronger and grow but they do have a good reason to be better in quality/endurance capabilities. This creates the difference between strength and aesthetic.

You're not supposed to run SS for 2 years. It's supposed to set you up with something basic to work with and then choose a new program.

Yeah - run SS if you're a beginner. It's literally for you. Stop when you're not a beginner anymore and do something else.

That's only after 2 years? I was at that level of progress within 8 months

Holy shit how are you people so retarded

My 100% guaranteed guide to "aesthetics"

Is your percent body fat over 20% (don't guess fucking measure it)?

If yes, do literally any routine that has you move very heavy objects and do it at least a 500 and no more than 1000 calorie deficit until you are no longer fat.

If no, then do the same thing but at moderate surplus. If your body fat percent goes above 20%, then do step one.

HOW FUCKING HARD IS THAT FOR YOUR MORONS TO UNDERSTAND. STOP GOMADDING FFS.

If you're fat, YOU DIET.
If you're not, YOU DON'T DIET.

There an objective god damn number that will tell you "Hey am I fat?" god damn use it, there is no excuse.

That guy in the picture clearly didnt stick to his cutting diet, if he was trying to lean out.

Strength = muscles = aesthetics is just straight up retarded

Strength does equal muscles but that doesn't equate to aesthetics

Aesthetics is just how strong you are compared to your bodyweight

>This will naturally increase muscle size because there is correlation between strength and muscle volume.
Most of the strength is neurological adaptations and getting the form down.
Any muscle mass gained is entirely accidental.

It is actually suggested by litterally everyone in fitness who doesn't have a powerlifting gym/lifestyle to shill to do general weight lifting with bodybuilding type repsxsets

"I didn't read the sticky" - the post

>Aesthetics is just how strong you are compared to your bodyweight
what
the
fuck

anyone who did SS and doesn't look good after a cut did not do SS
they did their own version of it, which doesn't work, ever, so they did it wrong

how can you NOT start to look good if your lifts are at least 1/2/3/4? Or even 2/3/4/5 after a year/year and a half?
How do you avoid growing muscle while lifting these numbers?
>inb4 CNS lifts the weight
no? it fucking doesn't? sure there's an adaptation, but it's not enough of an adaptation to warrant squatting the bar vs squatting 3 plates

I would post my results of 6 months at 1/2/3/4, but I'm midway into my cut and still not lean, so you wouldn't see it like I see it really. Because I'm really fucking glad I did SS properly and at least reached the numbers I reached because that's something I never managed with my "own version" of SS which was completely retarded. And with sets of 8 by the way for muh aesthetics. Didn't work.
Get your weight up first, fag.

Yep, I've been moving away from a split towards more straightfoward barbell training and I feel much stronger and look better for it

>anyone who did SS and doesn't look good after a cut did not do SS
So...fucking everyone on earth?

I did SS.
Obviously I didn't look like I do now after finishing SS because no routine will have you looking good after 4-6 months.
But I got stronger in that time than like 90% of my gym. Which helped me make better gains when I switched to other routines.

>no routine will have you looking good after 4-6 months

candito linear

Think about it, he's right. Long term you can't just get stronger without gaining muscle mass (and viceversa).
Everything else is stuff you can't really control, like genetic muscle shape, or that you can control only temporarily, like going into dehydration to look more ripped.

The big deal is that he lost half his bodyfat.
With the appropriate diet, any beginner routine would give similar results.
SS gets a lot of bad press because Rippetoe goes on and on about skinny teenagers that need to eat more, when we have an obesity epidemic and a lot of people that start lifting should learn how to eat less.
Seriously, the guy has PTSD from all the anorexic kids he had to deal with in the years, don't listen to him flashbacking to his own Vietnam if you aren't a skelly!

Aesthetis is about being lean with muscle.
Being overly bulk makes you look abnormal., being under bulked can make you look dyel.
The idea is that you look great but normal.

damn i hope that is real...
cause i look like the before pic.. i hope i can look anywhere near that in 4-6 months...

You won't. Not unless you spend the whole time cutting. All the guy in that pic did was lose body fat and he already had a good muscle base underneath. There's no way he was completely untrained before that pic.

Stop posting.

assuming you do a proper surplus, sleep enough, don't fuck with the program, etc:
>decently strong (3.5pl8 squat bare minimum)
>decently fat, but you can cut later

>muh aesthetics
you don't do ss for aexthetics you himongous faggot

Do you even believe the shit you're saying?
You're saying that a sprinter's muscles aren't aesthetic.

people that are too scared to do ss are no different to women that say they don't lift weights because "they don't want to look like a bodybuilder"

>3.5 squat bare minimum

(doubt)

the only people I've seen get right to a 3.5 pl8 squat on a novice LP were either bigger guys or built very well to squat, iirc even one of Rippe's coaches on the SS forum said most people end up running out of steam on an LP somewhere in the upper 200s for a 3x5

also knew one guy who didn't even LP, just randomly maxed his way to a 405 squat in just a couple months

>im retarded
Okay

Do people actually do these meme routines like SS and PPL? I've literally never done anything but a bro-split and actually got excellent results from starting as a 125lbs DYEL highschool kid.

>Not unless you spend the whole time cutting

Not him, but that's personally what I'm going for. I'm just on a few shakes and a small dinner, unless it makes me feel too ill to continue. If I can last til Christmas then I should be around that thin, even if I still need to work at the muscle.

If the choice is potentially a year or more of cutting intermixed with bulking, or the first and then the other, I'll go with the latter just because you get to see the results faster and they egg you on.

>assuming you do a proper surplus, sleep enough, don't fuck with the program
yeah, 160 kg squat is easily doable.
most people don't eat nearly enough, add in fuckloads of acessories, and don't sleep much.

nah, the end of LP varies a lot between individuals

t. Rippetoe, Lascek, Andy Baker

not true at all lad

285x3x5 squat (335 tested 1rm) and 410x5 deadlift (500 tested 1rm) on SS, ran the program by the book (years ago)

the people who actually get their squat into the mid 300s or higher on an LP are a minority

I did SS and return to it when I can't get to the gym 6 days a week.

It is the way the truth and the gym life. You have to do your accessories (curls and tris) or you'll hate yourself.

I made it to .5, 1, 2, 3 plates in skelly mode. Then I started eating more and training more volume.

You want to do it to get the base that allows you to do whatever you want in the gym.

I wanna be big and strong. This was my first step in that direction.

What's a good routine to start with after doing SS for over half a year and stalling on lifts?

Depends on diet, sleep, and goals.
First, I would recommend eating and sleeping more.

Then:

If you wanna be a power lifter, Texas method for sure, but if you wanna be a builder, it's a total volume game. For this, I do six days a week:

Chest and back
Shoulders and arms
Legs
Repeat

You hafta do legs to get big or strong. Squats and deads stimulate more protein synthesis than any other exercise

of course it does, where did i say it didn't? i just said 3.5pl8 squat is doable by an average person IF you follow the program right

wow, you got your squat to 152 instead of the 160 figure i gave, that sure invalidates my point!
also, your squat/dead ratio indicates you're relatively a relatively weak squatter.
also, note that i only talked about squats in the post that sparked this conversation; had i talked about deadlifts, yours (500 lbs is pretty fucking insane on SS) would have had the opposite effect. maybe i should have given a figure for each main compound.

assumed you meant 160kg for 3x5 since that's what SS uses, just threw in my 1RMs at the end for laughs

and yes proportions and other genetic factors are going to have a huge impact, my squat was mediocre and my bench was abysmal (205 1rm, but SS is poorly reputed for bench so I don't think this was entirely due to my proportions) coming off of SS but my deadlift was strong