Do calisthenics

>Do calisthenics

>look like a sinewy cadaver who aged 50 years and makes everyone around you uncomfortable

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Opctf0dkpVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Imagine how good he'd look if he bulked for five months though

roids the picture

Thats not something specific to calisthenics its just a bunch of russians using insane amounts of steroids and doing a bunch of tricks on the bars. The only fundamental difference between what you call calisthenics and barbell training is that theres no effective straight arm training with barbells and its hard to do progressive overload with no weights

This. At the end of the day no matter what you're doing you're just lifting shit and putting it back down again.

you could just get a few more calories and still enjoy your workout dumb dumb

Why is there a deep line on his chest?

relatively new lurked here.

Realistically though, how effective are calisthenics for building muscle? about two years ago I was doing CC, for about 14hrs per week over the course of three months. I was living on two cans of tuna per day though so I doubt I was getting anywhere, just spinning my tires. ended up getting with a chef and quit working out and let myself go, starting back up again as of yesterday after quitting drinking and kicking heroin.

right now mostly doing iron mikes and a fuckload of pushups, adding planks and crunches starting tomorrow. bought a pair of running shoes, should be arriving on Wednesday.

tl;dr, with a decent diet, steady cardio, and about an hour of calisthenics every day, what sort of progress am I looking at? I'm about fifteen pounds overweight so I'm not as badly off as I could be.

i think its with super low bodyfat and pecs under tension we see that upper middle part of the pec is not nearly as activated as the bulk of the pec.

youtube.com/watch?v=Opctf0dkpVw
this video Jeff draws the direction of the muscle fibers. the upper chest pec fibers are connected to the clavicle when the main bulk of the pec fibers are connected to the sternum. there is a division in the muscle

Lurk more faggot

No reason to do CC.
Calisthenics is just like regular strength training, it doesn't matter what you do or what excercises you do, what matters is making your muscles stronger, and you do that by doing more and more work over time.
The rest is just meaningless irrelevant bullshit.

Wanna get big arms? You're not gonna get big arms by benching 3 sets 1.5x a week.

Do a fuckton of pullups and pushups, one day a week, 3 days a week, everyday, whatever, pick one method of training, what matters is that you train hard and progressively increase difficulty in what you do.

Get enough protein, get enough calories depending on your goals, the rest will take care of itself.

If you are gonna do a program thats body weight I'd recommend the reddit/bodyweight routine they got there.

Like they even say I'd alternate squats with deadlifts and use weights for legs. Make sure to progress to harder varations after you can do 3x8-12 (your preference)

Good job kicking heroin but dont go back like the low life junkies usually do. Stay strong.

Natty?

I do calisthenics and not weightlifting cause too poor to aford weights and dont want to pay a gym membership however

When will idiots learn your muscles wont fucking know te difference between calithenics and weightlifting ? A stress in the muscle in the long run will result into strenght or muscle gains

Now, the part of jumping or doing tricks in the bar i dont like, gimme push ups, gimme pull ups

If I take that off...
Will you die?

It's the separation of his pectoral heads becoming evident at extremely low body fat percentages.

Franko still did it best tho.

Wont matter,im already dead all inside

the reason people on this board think calisthenics give no results is because they think if you do more than 5 sets per exercise per day your tendons will disintegrate, your joints will violently explode, and your muscle fibers will shrivel up.

Get a pull up bar and some dumbbells.
Do pull ups lateral raises, split squats(with dumbbells) and a bw pistol squat variation
Just doing push ups and crunches isn't calisthenics.
>Pic semi related and recomended.

If you had to ask then no.
>Yates level conditoning with bicep/tricepts larger than head.