My latest batch of crock-pot chicken breast turned out pretty dry. Any tips for improving the results?

My latest batch of crock-pot chicken breast turned out pretty dry. Any tips for improving the results?

This time I put in 6 pounds of chicken breast, cut it randomly to increase the surface area, then poured on a bottle of Private Selection tandoori marinade. I cooked on high for four hours, then pulled it off and drained the fat down the sink. Then I shredded as best I could, though it was pretty tough. I put it back on low for one hour, then tried to shred it again.

I'm trying to cut, so anything I can do to improve this recipe would be nice.

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2016/03/how-to-poach-chicken-breast.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>breast
This is the problem.

I don't really have any other options. I'm trying to cut hard.

>cooked for 4 hours
>dry

gee i wonder why

What's a better time? More? Less?

Let it the chicken sit in sauce and spices for 3 hours in fridge and cook it for less time= juicy

What counts as "Less" time? I don't want to undercook by accident. 3.5 hours? 3?

Cook on low/med instead!

For how long? I didn't have time today so I had to use High.

I usually just fry it for 6-9 mins, cooking it for 4 hours in a crock pot will dry it out.

I'm lazy so I cook six pounds at a time. It's also harder to measure precise food weight if the chicken is raw and whole.

I pour in a can of salsa and 2-4 cans of black beans, season with cumin, garlic and peppers. god teir quick eats

Okay user, couple of tips that may help you (or you may be already doing)

Brown/sear the meat before you put it in, this helps with flavor and also keeping the moisture in the meat.

Add a bit of water if you haven't already, the crock pot will obviously create more with condensation from the top so don't go over board. Don't fully submerge the stuff in the pot or it'll be a watery mess.

If you're cooking on high, 1.5hrs-2.5 hours will probably do it. Longer for vegetable chunks and make sure they are on the bottom of the crock pot.

If you're using it on low, 4.5hrs - 6hrs is great. If you open the lid it's best to add about 10-15 minutes to cooking time.

Make sure you heat the crock pot before you put anything in it, and don't cool it down by using cold water. It'll heat too slowly and grow bacteria.

Happy to share more on my experience with crock pots, just ask.

What the fuck man, chicken breast takes 10 minutes to be cooked, what fucking 3 hours your talking about

If you put it on, on low around lunch time you'll have it ready by dinner.

The entire premise of the thread is for using a Slow Cooker. Learn to read.

What sauces are you using?
>Add beans
>Tinned tomatoes
>Chicken breast
>Cook all day on medium while at work (10 hours)
>Come home to glorious succulent chicken

Alternate beans/tomatoes with wine, water and spices etc

I've done beans and salsa before. Lived on it for a while, now tired of it. Also want to tone down my calorie intake. For the last few batches I used Garlic BBQ Sauce, figuring out how to use one bottle for 6 pounds of chicken. This time I tried a Tandoori marinade. I think I skipped the Marinade part, because it turned out dry and unappealing.

This is what I do. Cooking 4 hours is not too long, I've left mine on for 10+ while I was at work. You just didn't have enough liquid in it. And why are you removing "fat"? It's chicken breast, there's hardly any fat in the first place.

Then what am I supposed to do with the liquid that fills the pot when it finishes cooking?

>I drained out all the juices then baked it again
>why is my chicken dry?

Use chicken thighs and adjust your macros in other meals.

All of my meals have chicken breast in them.

Anyways Veeky Forums says I'm apparently stupid and what I thought was fat was actually the water that's naturally in the chicken that got sapped out by the heat. I need to pick a reduced cook time to ensure as little water comes out while still ensuring the chicken is cooked.

seriouseats.com/2016/03/how-to-poach-chicken-breast.html

this is easy as shit and healthy and tastes good

no added fats/sugar or anything, just put your chicken breasts in water with salt/pepper and idk ginger or lemon if u want and put it on the lowest heat setting you can and cook until its like 65-70 degrees celsius in the centre (buy a thermometer if you don't have)

make a sauce or put it in salad or eat it with bbq sauce or somethin idk

****cold water

Eat it? Sounds like you made delicious chicken broth and you're throwing it out.

Brine for extra joocyness
Dont throw the liquid out