So what the fuck do you eat before and after your workout

so what the fuck do you eat before and after your workout

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Before. Who eats before...? That's a good way to fuck up your stomach and esophagus.

Dafuq? No mate. If you are starving after a workout bring a banana or nuts. Protein shake if you're doing a morning thing.

idk bro the internet is confusing me with all those fucking articles about how eating a carrot with honey pre workout with your ass will boos spermtosterone and shit

dont i lose the gainz if i dont eat proteins 30 mins after training?

Hour before i have something like a cliff bar.

After i have my protein shake and then my prepped lunch 30 mins to an hour after

contrary to popular believe, to actually make it in lifting, there is an IQ prerequisite.

Cold chocolate milk post work out.

by the looks of the average customer at my gym, i thought the complete opposite

depending on when you go to the gym. if i haven't had a meal within 2-3hrs ill try to have a banana and peanut butter sandwich about 90 minutes before i train

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365

Researchers have tested the effects of types and timing of protein supplement ingestion on various physical changes in weightlifters. In general, protein supplementation pre- and/or post-workout increases physical performance [31-34,38-41], training session recovery [32], lean body mass [33,38-41], muscle hypertrophy [35,38-41], and strength [31,33,38,40,41]. Specific gains, however, differ based on protein type and amounts [31-36]. For example, whey protein studies showed increases in strength [31,33], whereas, supplementation with casein did not promote increases in strength [34]. Additional research is needed on the effects of a protein and creatine supplement consumed together, as one study has shown increases in strength and LBM [33].

Studies on timing of milk consumption have indicated that fat-free milk post-workout was effective in promoting increases in lean body mass, strength, muscle hypertrophy and decreases in body fat [38-41] Milk proteins have been shown to be superior to soy proteins in promoting lean body mass [38] and muscle mass development [39]. What is interesting about the milk studies [38-41] is that not one of them provided the 3–4 g of leucine needed to promote maximal MPS (See Table Table2),2), yet they all showed improvements in LBM and strength. This raises the question of whether other components in milk could have contributed to the changes observed. Future researchers should investigate whether other properties of milk help increase LBM when leucine intake is suboptimal to provide maximal MPS. Researchers should also investigate the effects of protein supplements when participants are consuming adequate kcal.kg-1 and g.kg-1 of protein to maximize muscle hypertrophy.

The effects of timing of ingestion of EAAs on physical changes following exercise also have been studied [47,48]. Tipton et al. [47] found that the ingestion of EAAs prior to resistance exercise was more beneficial than post-ingestion in promoting protein synthesis [47], but these results did not hold true with respect to whey protein ingestion [48]. Once a protein has been consumed by an individual, anabolism is increased for about three hours postprandial with a peak at about 45–90 minutes [14]. After about three hours postprandial, MPS drops back to baseline even though serum amino acid levels remain elevated [14]. These data show that there is a limited time window within which to induce protein synthesis before a refractory period begins. With this in mind, an ideal protein supplement after resistance exercise should contain whey protein, as this will rapidly digest and initiate MPS, and provide 3–4 g of leucine per serving, which is instrumental in promoting maximal MPS [29,30]. A combination of a fast-acting carbohydrate source such as maltodextrin or glucose should be consumed with the protein source, as leucine cannot modulate protein synthesis as effectively without the presence of insulin [27,28] and studies using protein sources with a carbohydrate source tended to increase LBM more than did a protein source alone [33,37-41]. Such a supplement would be ideal for increasing muscle protein synthesis, resulting in increased muscle hypertrophy and strength. In contrast, the consumption of essential amino acids and dextrose appears to be most effective at evoking protein synthesis prior to rather than following resistance exercise [47]. To further enhance muscle hypertrophy and strength, a resistance weight-training program of at least 10–12 weeks 3–5 d .wk-1 with compound movements for both upper and lower body exercises should be followed
tl;dr BCAAs with a source of carbohydrate pre-workout, Whey protein post workout

a cup of milk was enough bro but thanks

>Before
nothing

>After
smoothie with yogurt, protein powder, ice, skim milk, and make a banana

Before I'll have a piece of fruit (usually a banana) and an apple
After I'll eat whatever meat is around my house, some eggs, some green vegetables, and two tomatoes.

>Milk proteins have been shown to be superior to soy proteins in promoting lean body mass [38] and muscle mass development [39].

How will vegans recover?

>before
two poptarts. 70g of simple carbs means huge pumps and energy.
>after
either a meal (depending on when I workout), or a shake with 500mL whole milk and 2 scoops protein powder.

Asains before, keeps it light.
blondes after, 1 per muscle group worked.

I'll often have two slices of toast with peanut butter about half an hour before the gym, then as soon as I get home I'll cook a big feed and make a protein shake.

>two poptarts
What flavor?
This is very important.

20-40g before and 20-40g after

Boiled peanuts and Japanese tv while laying in the bed.
Feels good bro.

Casein has shown increases in FFM, at least.

Yeah that's called cancer

Before workout i drink a protein shake laced with coffee dust
After workout I eat two whole rotisserie chickens and a can of creamed corn