150lb bench press

>150lb bench press
>Can't do shit for pushups

150 lbs bench is beginner at best unless you're under 130 lbs

I could do 185 before I had ANY lat/chest development.. keep adding weight before making such a thread

Savage...

fatty

>150lb bench press
>can't do shit for bench press

>can't bench 150lbs
>can do 72pushups before collapse
>weigh 157lbs

What should a starting bench weight for my weight be exactly?

Well, I Just got to 140lb Bench Press and my chest is chiseled AF

Im 5`8, 145lbs

you started benching from untrained with 185lb? whats the point on lying on an anonymous imageboard? how insecure can you be lol

this conversation is for non-manlets, please leave

I think he means he didn't see any visible gains until 185 bench. Otherwise hes a lying fag yea

This thread is for non-lanklets, please leave

I'm far from chiseled, so I guess my current is fine for the moment and I'm still adding on more weekly so I'll get there.

>he has no triceps

Just accept the fact the 60% of this board is full of 5'8/5'9.

It just takes practice bro. Start with 5 and repeat. Then eventually you'll get to 10. Keep building on the sets and reps.

>tfw 85lb bench

I'm of the opinion that different body types have strengths and weakness in different areas, i.e. non manlets above 6'0 may have a more difficult time with bench and squat for that matter because of a longer distance to travel with the weight (arms & legs). If you're short and stocky throw some weight on the bar and fuck it up; if you're long and lean, put 95? ~ 105? on the bar. When you can do that 20 times with healthy form, wash, rinse, and repeat with 135. Your max will probably have caught up to 150, likely a little more, by the time you graduate to 135.

Did you fall for the SS meme and not do arms?

eat more. drink some fucking whole milk, the kind with hormones, because if you're "chiseled" at 5'8 145 w/ a 140 max, then when you hit 5'8 160 with a 240 maximum bench, you'll be like a couple of levels below "ascended".

tfw when manlet

>lifted for 4 years
>5 reps of 185 lbs bench

Well, to each their own. Obviously if you have never been active before you would like to start from just the barbell and focus on technique. You'll be benching 100kg in no time anyways.
The point is, don't lift heavy if your technique suffers.

>never barbell bench pressed before because I'm scared I can't do 1pl8
Whatever dumbbell press is better...right?