Is 28 too old to make it? Not just in fitness, but in life

Is 28 too old to make it? Not just in fitness, but in life.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_period
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

Yes

Depends do you believe you'll ever get over what you feel you missed out on in your youth?

What are you up to now, user? What do you consider "making it"?

Chances are, probably not, I can't imagine you're precluded from making it at 28 unless you're a multiple time felon.

^ kek

If you're asking, no. But you have to change.

Making what?

I missed out on young love and it haunts me

What am I looking at?

This needs to be a meme asap
>the virgin x vs the chad y

What's your definition of "making it"?

I'm also 28. I started lifting again almost a year ago. I have an ok job, but I'll probably find something more fulfilling after I finish paying off my student loan debt. Men peak later in life, so it's definitely not too late.

I definitely feel as though I missed out on some things growing up, especially with women. Part of it is from being a literal sperg, and I'm sure some of it had to do with being raised by a single mother. A decent dad would have probably done wonders for my masculinity growing up.

this is the biggest thing for me

im 25 and basically a loser in every sense of the word and have been one most of my life

even if i did manage to get normal (get friends, have sex, get a girlfriend, etc) which will likely never happen, theres no way i could ever overcome being a shut in for most of my life including the most formative years

Nope. If you have the right attitude you'll want to keep improving yourself till the day you die. If you think life's over in your late 20s, then you might as well not bother in the first place.

Yes, it will be harder, yes you may be behind others that are younger than you - but there's always someone stronger, richer, taller, smarter - don't compare yourself to them, improve upon yourself and concentrate on that.

well your first mistake is asking 18 year olds and under this question

this is fucking degeneracy i expect from niggers... it goes to show that extremes exist on all sides

My dad fathered me at age 54. It's not too late. You're a man. Your sperm is good for another half century or so.

>that pic
I seriously miss Hitler.

I think this as well. I rationalize it by saying to myself the following. On my deathbed I'll think back on my life, I'll think about how much of my life was spent doing exactly what I wanted (IE being a shut in). I'll realize that time was spent doing what "I" want and nobody else.

That in turn will make me feel like life was awesome.

I'm 36 and basically re-building my life and it's never been better.

still in ur 20s so ur good

>Depends do you believe you'll ever get over what you feel you missed out on in your youth?

I started at 27. Gonna be 34 soon and this still hasn't happened.

You have 50 years left if you're lucky. Kind of silly to give up now because teenagers on the internet told you you're too old. It's never too late to make it but it's also never to late to fuck up your life.

Love means more when you're older and can more easily discern it from overwhelming desperation to fuck.

Also don't remember most guys here are failed and sub 22 year olds.

They want company in the pit.

Just do your thing and adjust behavior until you make it.

You really didn't miss much, dude.

No, you pussy.

35 isn't too old to make it, bro. 40 isn't too old to make it. Unless you a bitch.

go travel, im 28 I hooked up with teens in colombia and the philippines, its literally too easy. Guys who think you missed out on hooking up with teens are betas conditioned by american culture. Its actually common in other countries

this definitely won't happen

been a loser off and on all my life. i got in shape and started fucking hot girls at 28. don't give up bruh

i think we are talking about earning sex, not paying for it, you pathetic fag

35 here, started my path from being a beta bitch to make myself a best me there is just few months ago.

There is always time. Sooner the better.

life is what you make of it, everyone will die eventually but for the time you spend alive you should really do the things you enjoy and be the best you can be, only then can you truly be satisfied. Don't compare yourself to others just strive for your own ideals and push towards them everyday.

Listen, you either change this or you don't. But remember the wake does not steer the ship. Also you are in your 20's so you're just getting started, you can't think about being late at your age.

The best time to plant a tree is yesterday. The second best time is now

Let me guess, you have older half siblings that were old enough to be your parents, and your mom is like 25 years younger than your dad

the downfall of western society

Fucking this.

>Veeky Forums and confident in HS, on track to get into a great college
>had a dozen qt girls hit on me throughout HS
>spend 4 years obsessing over 4/10, weird goth girl

>quit college for no reason, spend most of my 20s as a shut-in, get obese

>get Veeky Forums in late 20s
>confidence and lust for life I had in HS comes back
>ride that wave to learn a trade and get a decent job
>girls start hitting on me again
>too bitter, regretful and ashamed about myself to ever connect with anyone

Ops picture made me upset and I had to stop eating my banana pudding.

Trees take forever to grow. The best time to plant a tree is most likely decades ago. This is the 5000th best time to plant that tree.

But I don't see myself hating free fruit when I'm 45, so..

If you're a woman, then 28 might be too late to make it. But if you're a man, then 28 is still early. Look at pic related. SMV = Sexual Market Value. A woman's SMV peaks at ages 21-25. This is when your typical woman is at her prime. This is the best age for her to snag an older man for marriage/procreation. If a woman fails to mate/marry during her prime years, then every year afterwards, she will attract a lesser man. And once a woman is post-wall, then she's completely fucked unless she wants to hook up with some beta cuckold.

Your typical man reaches his prime in his late 30s, early 40s. This is the age when he is most attractive and financially secure (assuming he has been working/investing since he was in his 20s). This is the age where you will attract the best woman you can afford. Do you remember all those women who avoided you like the plague a decade ago? Well, now they will be groveling at your feet, assuming they are single and/or unhappy. Women have it easy from ages 16-30. Once they hit the wall, men gain the advantage.

Don't let whores stop you from eating your banana pudding.

Most fruit trees have the best yield between 7-50 years since planting.

Best time to plant a tree was around 2555 days ago.

just gotta get over it bruh, not trying to be mean but it's the only way

Everyone I went to school with like that were weird but turned out normal

>implying people who attain no degree and job experience in their 20s will ever make good money.
>implying guys who spent their teens and 20s without a decent amount of social and romantic interaction will ever be functional in those fields
>implying all the best women are not married off or in serious relationships by 25 at the latest.

sure, there is the occasional person that bucks all those trends.

but in general: if you're not reasonably sociable and have been in serious relationship the time you hit 20, have a halfway decent degree and have found the girl you'll marry by age 25 - you're fucked.

38 ? wow.

I suppose this only counts when you are fit and not bald.

Sure, if you sit on your ass everyday and make zero effort to better yourself, then you will never rise. Marriage is a bad business deal for men, so who cares if you're not married by age 25. If you don't have a degree, then go to a technical school for a year and find a job. The point of this thread is that age 28 is not too late to make it in life. If OP was 70 years old, then I would agree he would be fucked. OP may never be a millionaire or a father, but he can still have a decent life if he makes some big changes.

What does being bald have to do with a man's sexual market value? Women are most attracted to resources.

Spot on

>Marriage is a bad business deal for men
I used to think the same way - bullshit. As long as you take care who you marry - founding a family is the most fulfilling and natural thing in the world.

>who cares if you're not married by age 25
You don't have to be married, but by then the number of decent single women starts taking a sharp turn downward. Let's say that marrying someone 4-5 years younger is still not creepy - that puts the deadline at around 30.

>If you don't have a degree, then...
Not everyone lives in a first world country. In most of the world you're relegated to being poor as fuck without a degree.

>age 28 is not too late to make it in life
Agreed. But if you're the kind of person who is fucked on all fronts at age 28 - chances are 95% that it'll won't get much better.

I'm 24, I'll be starting medical school next fall. Just don't be a bitch.

Not everyone has the same values and "deadlines" as you and trying to force them on others and use them and a measuring stick for their success shows that you are the mentally ill one. How big is your family, anyway? What are they up to while you denigrate strangers on Veeky Forums?

>missing the point

If you haven't made it by 30, you ARE the beta cuck that the Christmas cakes are settling for.

I'm young and inlove right now :)

You need to look at your self in the mirror, and say "I can do this, I can turn it around, I have everything I need" and get started. You're living in complete freedom, missed the love of your life? go out and find three more, don't know how to talk to girls? start talking to them, build up and build up and sooner or later you'll look back at these times and think "heh, I should've never worried about it"

Remember, no ones watching, no ones judging, just get up and go, and stop listening to you're whiny self-doubting teenage vestige.

Makes me upset when I see it too. I realize I have been and always will be socially inferior.
I'll never have a qt twerking on a car asking me to homecoming.
I'll probably never have qt approach me first at all.

Life isn't fair in that regard.
Some people just aren't meant to be a happy person that everyone likes and I don't like it.
But even though I don't like it, I'm too bitter and unhappy to try and change it.

kinda know that feel bro, 32, got some certificates to be a machinist and then my car died. No money to replace it so I'll be stuck pulling graveyard shifts at a factory in town till I get back on the road.

>What does being bald have to do with a man's sexual market value?

Appearance DOES matter, otherwise SMV wouldn't peak at 36, it would peak at like 50 (when earnings our highest). If you are balding your SMV is going to peak earlier because your appearance declines faster

This is my greatest weakness and hurdle.

I waste energy and time daily, agonizing with regret over the energy and time Ive wasted. I'm 28.

I wake up on mornings, even like today, feeling mentally defeated to the point I get a few sets into my routine and just have no energy to get through it, and just stop. Which then compounds the already lingering regret of wasting time because Ive just wasted or cheated another day.

>will always be

Those words are poisoning your psyche. Stop that shit

My dad was 54 when he had me too.
>be me, user's dad
>biggest chad the world has ever seen, was a fighter pilot in the airforce back in the 60s
>am blessed with godlike looks and chad personality ofc, so I slay like a madman
>impregnate at least a dozen women (out of the thousands) over the years, all of which I managed to avoid or go to court so I don't have to father a child
>making 6 figure salary in management position once I'm in my forties with no thought of settling down yet
>meet user's (29 year old) mom when I'm 54 and date her
>condom breaks without me knowing
>am now a father when I am old enough to be a grandpa
>user's mom leaves with user after 2 years because I smoke too much and am racist
>always pay my child support payments, (which user's mom lives off of rather than working) like a good father and get to see user a few times each year
>get prostate cancer
>treatment fucks everything up and am now incontinent and doped up on 69 different meds
>retire
>sit at home and watch tv all day, grow more and more lazy as time goes by
>am now 73 years old when my son is 19, still talk on the phone everyday and user comes to visit a few times each year
I sure hope the old fucker will be around for another decade or two. I just wish that he had been there to raise me so I didn't end up like the pathetic beta I am after being coddled by my mom for so long.
It's also a funny thought knowing I have 40 year old siblings running around somewhere.

im 32 and almost making it. if anything its better to do it now, when i was young i wouldnt have known what to do once i had 'made it'

Honestly, yes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_period

If you went through your teenage years as a loser, your emotional and social development will be forever stunted. Sorry brah.

what's the alternative? putting a bullet in your head and calling it quits?

Time's ticking, motherfucker.
Go get yours. there is no alternative

so what? heroin exists for this reason

i dont get why it is so important to have friends and a gf, they're not as good as they are announced

i did not had a single friend from kindergarden to my 18's, as when i was 15 i decided i wanted to do cool stuff by myself, so i went hiking, camping, arcade, movies, shit like that by myself

by 18 i made 2 friends on the mountains, and 1 female friend in a course i took to learn how to make knifes out of wood, 3 of them are shit, they are always telling me how they betray other friends and shit but they're "good"

its an illusion user, just lift, drink, work and be happy

take the winchester path.

Never ever too late. Does get harder though.

No, i was neet twink at 27 , got my shit toghther, had a bachelor and started lifting at 30, i turned 36 today and im a head accountant where i work, have my own place with a home gym.
Im also way past the goal body i once set when i started, and have made new goals

You can still make it, but you have to get up off your ass and put in the fucking work

That isn't true.
It's more difficult and you're unlikely to reach the point you might have had you not been a loser, but you can still improve dramatically.

This, I hardly remember any relationships I had pre 22 years old

>only my idea of success and happiness matter

Shut the fuck up.

The moment you begin to want to make it, that's when your life changes.
You will make it. Take it a day at a time. Realize that you can't just put a great life on top of a mediocre life. Part of creating a great life is tearing down that mediocre life. Once you accept that you can't stay as who you are and also live a great life (witnessed by the fact that you are already you and you don't feel as if you've made it), the possibilities are plentiful.

Spend some time alone, really alone and think about the best moments you've experienced. Try to distill those experiences down to their essential. Once you figure that out, you start looking for opportunities that can lead to moments like that.

Start learning about yourself. Don't be afraid of being a narcissist. It's only narcissistic, if you begin to believe that OTHER PEOPLE should also devote time and energy to your troubles. If you're just focused on improving your life, that's self love.

A few months of dilligent, intelligent effort and you'll feel a burning in your soul. You'll know without a doubt that you can make it.

We're all going to make it.

TL;DR: NO

Control what you can.

You do not have control over the passage of time.

To all anons in this thread:
Let your regrets be lessons and nothing more. You regret that time you didn't talk to Stacy because you thought she'd reject you? Rejection sucks, so does regret. We often regret inaction and it's painful. Rejection? Sucks hard, but it comes with a possibility of success. So next time, go talk to Stacy.

You can apply this sort of thinking to most situations, especially social or financial. Spend money doing things you'll like and on people you like. Enjoy every bit of it.

You can't control time, being born ugly or poor or stupid.
You can control what you do with your time and how you spend your limited resources.

God damn it anons.
If any of you feel like you won't make it, DM me on instagram.
@livefrommycar

I haven't made it yet, but I'm going to and when I'm at the top, I hope I will be looking forward to see you and not below.

Fuck no, you dipshit.You are never too old. Not until motherfuckers are scraping dirt on top of your dead ass. Get after it, motherfucker. You got this shit. Ain't any reset buttons, so why fucking wait any longer? But you know this.....MAN

Fucking this

I stuck a big brush wrapped with a glove up my butt while jacking off and it felt really good. The brush got stuck up by butt and scared me half to death. I won't be doing that again. How do I find a feminine looking bf also one that doesn't have AIDS also I don't use social media at all. 23

I don't mean to be Mr. Sourgrapes here, maybe you would like to have some girl twerking on top of a car for you but perhaps you don't want to be around people like that and are down on yourself for not being close to an imagined ideal, a false self.

>that pic

More details?

What about a 29 yr old virgin woman who has been a shut in since 17? Is there hope for that?

> (OP)
>>that pic
>I seriously miss Hitler.
What exactly do you miss? Him exterminatine one of the whitest people on Earth and entire Western Civilisation?
Hitler is the reason we can't criticise jew cor niggers anymore.

is the chick on the car wearing sandles? WHy the fuck are her feet so fucking dirty holy shit wash your feet you fucking hobbit.

>trying to out-edge a seventh grader

het a hobby man

39 & doing the same. Want to hang myself from time to time but I'm a man, goddamit, my ancestors didn't survive WW1, WW2, 5 years of nazi occupation & 45 years of communist occupation, for me to just fucking die like a bitch.

27 is already too old to make it.

>And once a woman is post-wall, then she's completely fucked unless she wants to hook up with some beta cuckold.
Beta cuckold (that can provide income), or a man 2-3 decades older than them. I know of 3 cases (2 ware my buddies) who ware very attractive, had many sexual partners, but ware too picky, ended up with old guys. They are not happy, but it's still better than being UNhappy & ending as a crazy cat lady. No wait, make that 4 cases.

Hok, I hall do so. :-P

Fuck messing with any woman over 26 tbqh. Has nothing to do with them being in thier prime or any shit like that, they just get infinitely more desperate and crazy with each year that passes without them fulfilling thier Disney fantasies.

My uncle was 55 when he remaried with a 22yo and had a son.
But he was ex military & more fit than 95% of 18 year olds.
Storry doesn't end well though, he died 10 years later, becase he didn't listen when his friends, some of whom ware gold medalists, kept telling him that doing 100km on a bike almost every day and chasing with cycling youth isn't a good idea at his age.

>be on fit
>everyone says how marriage is terrible
>says that guys who get married in their early 20s are fucking stupid and they should be fucking hundreds and hundreds of girls all the way to 30
>dont ever get married to a girl who has had a number of dicks

>at the same time say "DUDE GET MARRIED EARLY OR YOU'RE WORTHLESS
>DUDE ALL GOOD WOMEN ARE MARRIED EARLY

this place is such a fucking shithole its almost incomprehensible

I turn 25 this year and feel like I don't have much time left to sort myself out. But because I'm a weak willed faggot I'm probably just going to wind up binging on some porn soon.
Wish I could into hobbies but I suck at everything.

You and every other sadcunt needs to stop being FROZEN by REGRET. You've made mistakes you should look at them and really examine them closely and have a time to be sad maybe even get a cry in BUT YOU MOVE ON. You dont become paralyzed by regret its just as bad as being the unaware retard that has no regrets and continues on wasting his life. YOU HAVE THE REALIZATION THAT TIME WAS WASTED but its not over, look at Ray A Croc, he was a 52 year old failure in a job that he hated, a smoothie machine salesman. He found an opportunity and grew McDonalds into a multi billion dollar franchise. Now im not saying you're gonna be like that he is an extreame example but one we can learn from it. ITS ONLY TOO LATE IF YOU THINK ITS TOO LATE. If Ray regretted that he wasted 50 years he would have never taken or even seen the opportunity. The simple fact of life is you don't really know how much time you have on this earth. The 22 year old that finished college and has a career lined up could die tomorrow while you live till 90. You should be THANKFUL that you have more time rather than REGRETTING endlessly the time you lost.

Hit the nail on the head hard. I'm 21 and dated a girl who was 29 for a year, she pushed away a few really solid guys and was waiting for the absolute perfect man to settle down with. Hopeless romantic, nothing ever good enough, crazier by the minute. Every month she kept pressuring for marriages and kids and it got worse and worse, it was like her biological clock was talking directly to me. Fuck that sex was amazing, unbelievably sex, fucking insane though.

Man, it's about not feeling like a broken human being

listen the normal sexually active guy had the validation he needed happen naturally to him, he might have played sports or w/e but he didn't have to go really out of the way for it

but what happens naturally to guys like us is the complete opposite, it's like everyone has access to certain wavelengths of experience depending on who you are, what you look like, how you carry yourself etc. and most guys get some girls, meet people, others eat shit and die

i'm 29, balding, and just got gyno in one breast

lmfao

used to be junkie, and have one more year to get my B.S in ecology. idk man

the bro throwin it down with the truth

Same senpai 36 and starting a new career. Scary as Fuck going from white collar to blue collar but gonna make it