Do we REALLY need fats?

>more calories per gram than carbs/protons = can't eat as much
>"good" fats only come from nasty sources that only deranged vegans can stomach
>aren't protein
>aren't carbs
Seriously, what are they good for? Just take a supplement for memega-3 acids n shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Dan8qtgQRi8
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
uib.no/en/node/103172
healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?zx=5fdd3430f294fea7
breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Isn't peanut butter bad for you?

I think the soybean and other funky oils are, but if you get the natural one with less sugar it's good

Peanut butter is not the best.

Butter is good for you. Fuck. Do some research before you post this garbage.

Fat is necessary to live
Protein is necessary to live
Carbohydrates are not necessary to live

butter is great for you

don't listen to the ((((industries)))))

Suggest me a good lunch to bring to a manual labour work.

Something light that's nutritionally and calorie dense so you don't make yourself sick.

Organ meat with small salad is good

>peanut butter is the best for you
>regular butter is somehow worse for you than a slice of pizza
>mfw your infochart sucks

>Do we REALLY need fats
You only need a small amount of essential fatty acids, a few grams a day. Fats don't do much else in your body, they are in a few membranes, but almost all of it is stored in adipose tissue as energy reserve. Most of the body is water, protein and minerals.

Anything beyond that serves as energy, just as carbs serve as energy.

The main reason some people recommend a minimum of fat is because they also recommend a maximum of carbohydrate (such as 60-65%). Very low-fat high-carb diets can cause elevated fasting triglycerides and low HDL-C, but the mechanisms and health implications of that are controversial and not fully known. Some of the healthiest populations have rather high triglycerides and low HDL-C because they eat low-fat. And people who eat more fat have higher triglycerides for 80% of their day while they are not fasting because, well, they are eating lots of fat that goes into their blood - blood fat peaks during sleep because it gets absorbed slowly.

Fat is also needed in small amounts to absorb fat-soluble vitamins. However, for beta-carotene it has been shown that only 3-5 grams of fat are needed in a meal to absorb most of it, and retinol in eggs, fish and liver already comes in a fat matrix. For lutein and zeaxanthin more fat is needed, but they are not essential. Vitamin E needs are related to fat intake because it serves as an in vivo antioxidant for PUFAs, and Vitamin E is most abundant in sources of fats such as nuts and seeds.

It can also be difficult for some people to consume enough calories when no fat is consumed. If you actually try to eat 2600 calories of cooked carbs, fruits and protein while your fat stays at ~10-15 grams just from residual fat, it takes a lot of eating, a lot of time and a lot of volume that can be a challenge

>Butter is good for you
Keep telling yourself that, meatcuck.

>people preferring shitty glucose over ketone bodies that not only provide more energy but also help building synapses or even curing epilepsy
fucking plebs carbohydrates are shit food for our dumb ancestors
humans eat fat

Yes, you need fats. Please finish high school sometimes

(checked)
carbs are indispensable, we are made to live on carbs. we ship an emergency mechanism that allows us to make up for shortages in staples of our diet. this means we can survive without fat, or carbs, or even proteins for a certain period. but no, if you lived on keto all your life it would be pretty painful

>what is protein poisoning

>citation needed

lol

youtu.be/Dan8qtgQRi8
the only glucose we need can our body build through gluconeogenesis
essential fatty acids however must be added by diet
I'm a nutritionist myself and I fast and eat mostly fat over carbs
what you are preaching is sugar industry lies introduced in the 1960's

>I'm a nutritionist myself
hahahahaha

they're not indispensable, however they're a very simple and easily metabolized energy source for our brains so i see no point in not consuming any sugars at all

of course, you can survive without carbs because of ketogenesis which is a survival mechanism

>butter is good for you

Except for the part where it isn't, for either health or body composition.
What the fuck are you talking about?

well I got that title with my abitur
right now I'm studying chemical engineering while I already could work on the side as a nutritionist
don't see how that's a bad thing

Just contrarians

Satfat also basically doesn't get oxidized for energy because of how toxic it is. Your body just tries to tuck it away somewhere and forget about it (hence fatty liver + lowest satiety of all foods - much lower than refined sugar)

What a moronic graphic. Grass fed butter is infinitely more nutritious than fucking peanut butter. Jesus... even nuts are generally overrated nutritionally.

Regular butter is literally 100% saturated fat, which promotes visceral fat accumulation more than any other type of fat except maybe transfats.
Pizza at least has nutrients besides fucking fat, and is less calorie dense than pure butter.

Except not every organ can function at full capacity with the absence of glucose in the human body.
Enjoy crippling yourself out of proper health and performance just because you read some bullshit article written by some dadbod TRT using fat fuck online.
Newsflash, if you don't have metabolic or neurological disorders you have no business relying on high fat and low carb diets.
And besides, high fat and low carb diets are worse for cardiovascular health, which also affects your brain.
Good luck with your aneurysm and stroke goals in 2017.

>"Fats are essential!"
>doesn't say why

if carbs are so bad, why asians eat a fuckload of rice everyday and they are living longer than americans?

I want to know this too.

Not even going to go to this thread, but...
>You have your fats backwards

Americans are fat. Fatness kills.
Asians eat a fuckload of rice but eat less of other stuff so they don't get as fat. They also grow less because of this (height, muscle mass, tits, dick)

So you're saying if I eat a bunch of rice, some veggies and some protein I will be fine as long as I don't eat or drink bad shit too?

I just want to point out that all the 'essential' stuff in fats is inside your own fat. The only exceptions are omega 3 6 and 9, which most people don't get enough of anyway.
On a calorie restricted diet it obviously makes sense to choose things which are satiating (protein, fibre) and things which have high volume for little calories (fibrous carbs). If you have fat on your body, you have no dietary need for fat except for omega 3, 6, and 9.
>inb4 muh keto diet muh etc etc
As long as calories in < calories out then yes, any diet will work, and it's up to you which one you choose. Logically speaking, though, it makes more sense to choose foods which are high volume and filling for the lowest possible calories

>"good" fats only come from nasty sources that only deranged vegans can stomach
Not really, no.
>aren't protein
If you eat meat, then you're eating it with protein.
>Seriously, what are they good for?
Health
No
>Fat is necessary to live
>Protein is necessary to live
Correct.
These.
While you keep telling yourself dietary memes?
>Except for the part where it isn't, for either health or body composition.
That's complete bullshit.
>What the fuck are you talking about?
Not memes.
Even more bullshit.
>which promotes visceral fat accumulation more than any other type of fat
No it doesn't.
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>uib.no/en/node/103172
>healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
>bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?zx=5fdd3430f294fea7
>breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html

lol I hate this bs bro-science nutrition advice that circulates on here.

Why not just say that "good sources" of fat have better macro-nutrients overall?

Butter is an awesome fat source but it lacks in protein.

you try eating at a 1000 cal surplus without any fat man

you can't do it

if you can't eat big, you can't get big

that's why you're as small as you are

and that's why you don't have a girlfriend

autistic formatting to annoy you

sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm

>Contrary to popular belief, consuming a higher amount of fat (about 35 per cent of energy) is associated with a lower risk of death compared to lower intakes. However, a diet high in carbohydrates (of more than 60 per cent of energy) is related to higher mortality, although not with the risk of cardiovascular disease.

>The research on dietary fats found that they are not associated with major cardiovascular disease, but higher fat consumption was associated with lower mortality; this was seen for all major types of fats (saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and mono unsaturated fats), with saturated fats being associated with lower stroke risk. The researchers point out that, while this may appear surprising to some, these new results are consistent with several observational studies and randomized controlled trials conducted in Western countries during the last two decades.

>The large new study, when viewed in the context of most previous studies, questions the conventional beliefs about dietary fats and clinical outcomes, says Mahshid Dehghan, the lead author for the study and an investigator at PHRI.

This.

The body can convert lots of stuff into whatever it needs, but not essential amino acids or essential fats.
When things are "essential" it means you have to get it through your diet because the body cannot synthesize it itself.

All carbs (except fiber) is converted to glucose, which the body can make from amino acids or fat.

butter is good for you.

hooooly moley

SCOOPZ

Fat helps keep your hormones functioning properly. That's why you fucking eat it. ~50g is the minimum a grown man should have a day (on average of course) ((and yes you autists, you can eat less or more than 50g)).

Good vs Bad fat is just about blood markers, basically all fat does more or less the same thing for your hormonal profile, but "bad" fat increases the buildup of shit in your arteries that in old age will give you a heart attack or stroke. That's why you prioritize "good" fats.