/keg/ - Kegels General

So I want to try kegel or pelvic floor exercises because supposedly they increase stamina as well as erection fullness. Problem is I've no idea how. Supposedly you use the muscles that 'flex your dick'. What the fuck do you mean 'flex your dick'. I mean I guess I can get it to move when I'm using the muscles to empty my bladder, are they the pelvic floor muscles? If so, how do kegel exercises not result in you pissing yourself? If not, what the hell are you meant to do? Are certain people simply unable to use their pelvic floor muscles, in the same way that only some people can wiggle their ears?

Next time you're rockin a fat piss, try to stop the stream while it's still going. Those are the muscles you are trying to flex. If you can't then you have a ways to go.

So stopping pissing uses different muscles to starting it?

by starting it, do you mean the muscles you use to keep from pissing your pants before you go or do you have to force your pee out?

Force to pee out

I'm not incontinent bro

weird, when I pee, it's just holding it in until I'm in position. I don't need to force it out.

but to answer , the only way to know is to try it.

What do you mean. Are you literally consciously having to stop yourself from pissing all the time?

now I know you're trolling. Can you force yourself to pee at any time?

>Can you force yourself to pee at any time?

What the fuck are you talking about? I go to the toilet, I 'activate' or 'release' whatever muscle group it is, and the piss comes out. The 'muscles you use to keep from pissing your pants' are in place by default, given the fact I'm not pissing my fucking pants.

What you use to stop your pee stream would be doing a kegel. Forcing your pee stream to come out faster is a reverse kegel.

Reverse kegels give you better sexual stamina because having relaxed PC muscles help stop the spasms that make you 'jaculate. Practicing your kegels will potentially allow you to stop the ejaculation process once it's begun (requires timing), giving you multiple orgasm powers.

Doing only kegels will make you cum faster because your PC muscles can't relax for shit. You want roughly a 70/30 reverse kegels to kegel ratio.

After you get the hang of both and get a strong pelvic floor that is also naturally relaxed, start practicing while edging so you don't accidentally squeak one out four pumps in next time you fuck.

Don't overdo it. Be safe and have fun.

you literally said you force your pee out, seeyou're releasing your muscle(s) to pee, that's what I do. That should be the same muscle as when you try to stop the stream. Have you seriously never tried that? Go do it and then get back to me. the muscles you use are your kegel muscles.

Ah ok. When you said about using your muscles I implied that to mean consciously using them, which is why I was confused about you saying about 'using muscles to keep yourself from peeing'.

What I still don't understand is how does consciously stopping yourself mid piss work the muscle if all you're doing by stopping is putting the muscle back to where it is by default 99.9% of the time, stopping you from pissing yourself?

I stopping yourself from pissing is a kegel, how then can you do a kegel when you're not pissing?

Stopping a piss mid stream is just to show you what muscles you activate to do a kegel. Do it when your not pissing, onviously.

That's the thing, I don't know how to

I'm not always consciously trying to hold me pee in, just when I feel the urge to and I'm making my way to the toilet/designated pee spot or holding while I'm trying to do something.
It's different because you're not putting strong emphasis on it 99.9% of the time. You're basically just flexing it harder than normal, which to me doesn't seem like it would do much tbqh. Like flexin a 'cep, you're always using it but it's different when you put emphasis on it. You can tell the difference if you ever actually try it, which I'm assuming you haven't yet.

And how the hell do you do a reverse Kegel without pissing yourself?

you know what to do. If not theres no hope and you should just give up

Obviously it's only possible while pissing. You're gonna want to drink a lot of water and consume diuretics.

It's the only path to a balanced pelvic floor

But I've seen diagrams about doing kegels while lying down and all sorts, like pic related. I thought the point is you're activating muscles next to the ones you use to piss but they're not the same ones.?

Stop peeing = normal kegel hold
Push pee out = reverse kegel
Both are important, don't do just normal kegels

Not him but have you even tried? It's not as easy as you think, if it really is a problem for you go to the bathroom first then do your kegels.

There are two different muscles to focus on, but the one to start and stop a stream is one of them. The other muscle you try to hit is the same one you use to force out or hold in a doodoo. You need to practice isolating both for both reverse kegels and regular kegels.

Just Google a kegel routine from pegym or something. I don't remember the exact progression. I haven't done an actual routine in years so the details are fuzzy. At this point I just do them every now and then to maintain what I have. Seems to work well enough.

>Practicing your kegels will potentially allow you to stop the ejaculation process once it's begun (requires timing), giving you multiple orgasm powers.
If you are referring to holding a kegel as hard as you can before you cum I would advise against this. It may get you bad habits and if you fuck it up you will just cum faster. If you want dry orgasms (and thus multiple orgasms) you must train reverse kegels

What I might try then is try the different exercies while hovering over the toilet or in the shower until I get used to what it feels like and I'm confident I can do it without pissing myself (assuming I can do it). Then maybe from there do it clothed, lying down, etc

Dude the stop peeing method is just used to locate the muscle you have to work with and understand what kind of movement you should be performing, it doesn't mean you can only do kegels while peeing.

Are you seriously telling him kegels can only be done while peeing? Fuck off and stop spreading disinformation retard.

I'm beginning to think the problem might just be "stage fright" in that I can't get myself to use the different muscles because I'm afraid I'll accidentally piss or shit myself

>I'm afraid I'll accidentally piss or shit myself
Lads don't worry once you understand how to it, accidentally peeing or shitting yourself is not a problem at all, first because you don't necessarly have to push the kegel hard like you really wanted to shit your pants, second because even if you feel the urge coming you can just stop reverse kegeling to make it go away or even hold a normal kegel to hold it in (which is what everyone instinctly does in that situation)

Another question, do you have to have an erection to do it properly?

Ah, so you ARE literally using the same muscles you use to piss then? Just not holding it so much that anything actually comes out? That would explain why I "can't find" the muscles then, I feel myself beginning to activate the piss muscles, then stop because I assume I'm activating the wrong thing?

Well you can do normal and reverse kegels anytime regardless of erection, however if you look on some sites like PEgym some people post their kegel routines and some of them specifically tell you the level of erection you should have (for example "done flaccid" or "30-40% erect").
Not sure what's the deal with that, you can probably find what it is about on that site

They are the same muscles you use to push out/hold in piss/shit, yes. The act of stopping/pushing the piss is just used to detect those muscles, then you can use them anytime. It's really simple
Kegels other than normal/reverse also split in front and back (basically front = muscles around the penis and back = muscles around the anus) but you shouldn't care about that as a beginner because an untrained person will just use the entire muscle 'region'.
Just remember to not overdo kegels, and do both reverse and normal kegels for a balanced pelvic floor

How does doing the exercises do anything if those muscles are clenched and released regularly throughout the day by pissing and shitting?

I'm not sure what you mean. The exercises are like training any other muscle. If you do some squats you're gonna also have to use your legs for the rest of the day, that doesn't mean the squats you did are nullified and you didn't gain anything from doing them
Btw I forgot in my previous post: by "not overdoing" I mean stick to a routine that doesn't push you insanely hard (overtraining can happen to any muscle and pelvic floor muscles are no exceptions), but also you can't just do kegels every day, yes I know you feel like they aren't tiring or dangerous at all but you have to take rest days too. Usually doing 1 or 2 days of kegels then taking a day to rest is fine.
That said don't just look at this thread for answers about kegels, obviously. Go and read about this subject from multiple sites and sources, like you'd do for anything, to get a more complete idea

>Are you seriously telling him kegels can only be done while peeing? Fuck off and stop spreading disinformation retard

I was making fun of an asinine question which was tantamount to asking "How can I curl my arm if I'm not holding a dumbbell?"

I thought that was obvious, but you're apparently a moron as well.

>"How can I curl my arm if I'm not holding a dumbbell?"

No, it's more like saying to curl your arm when it's already curled. How can you use the muscles to stop peeing if you're already not peeing?

Not him but have you tried doing it
Because you can do it.

wtf guys I just measured my dick for the first time in my life, I always thought I was average but it is (conservatively measured, I made sure because I could not believe it and googled the proper measure technique, I did push into the pelvic bone)
12 cm flaccid, 18 inches erect and 15 cm circumference.
Who else here is above average kiss-less virgin?
For anecdotal evidence I have been doing kegels since I was real young though, before I knew what it was

18 cm obviously, 7 inches

>above average kiss-less virgin?
Right here. Dick is average 6" length but girth is almost 6" which apparently is above average
>I have been doing kegels since I was real young though, before I knew what it was
You're lucky, I too started holding kegels as a kid, it started randomly due to anxiety. But in my case it fucked me up and I'm still dealing with the effects today. I guess in your case it improved erection quality, in my case the opposite happened, FUCK

That's a really nice size, user

Mine is 19cm and 13cm circumference, I really want to have that big girth

Having a bigger girth also makes erections harder to archieve

What the fuck am I looking at

a person doing kegels with his donger out

Define good Kegal strength.

Protip: 30s full lock and quick pumps..

Not him
A guy doing kegels. When you hold a kegel while erect/semi you should see your dick go up and down, because the muscles 'holding' the penis are contracting. Obviously he covered it with his shirt to not get banned

I don't understand, what are you asking?
Anyway I should have clarified, it's not because I did kegels precisely but rather because I started holding a single light kegel, but without ever stopping. I basically held a day long kegel every day for 20 years, that's why I got fucked up. Nowadays I'm doing reverse kegels only, to try and relax and see if I can fix my shit up.

It's pretty simple looking up the muscles on the pelvic floor and manually checking for fitness of each group.

Jesus fucking christ...

Okay, when you start peeing, do you have to physically force that pee stream out? No. But can you clench it shut? Yes. You can clench the same thing shut while not fucking peeing by contracting the same muscle, even if it's not under a load (against a pee stream).

When you have a dumbbell curled, do you physically have to force that weight down? No, but can you pick your arm up at the elbow without a weight? Yes. Or, more accurately, can you flex your biceps without lifting your forearm? You can clench the same thing even if it's not under a load (against a gravity)

Is it time to burp you or do you want me to spoon feed you a little more?

Are there any videos of what kegels should look like that isn't as extreme as that?