Give me 1 (one) good reason why I should take up lifting instead of Muay Thai

Give me 1 (one) good reason why I should take up lifting instead of Muay Thai.

Lifting:
>Boring as shit
>Takes months to get tiny results
>You never have to lift heavy things IRL
>Girls don't give a shit

Muay Thai:
>Fun as fuck
>You learn things very fast
>Better for overall health
>Gives you the confidence and ability to defend yourself

Seems pretty clear cut to me, lads.

alright then do it, why even consider lifting if it doesn't appeal to you?

Nobody knows you can fight because you probably look dyel. Being big > being able to fight.

>What is personal preferences and likes?

Why not both faggot

Veeky Forums is full of fat dyel fags anyway, don't see why you're trying.

But Yes, it's a fact that muay Thai is more useful than lifting.
>inb4 m-muh I'll just bench press him ;_;
That's not how a fight works bucko.

Imagine being knocked out in front of your gf by a muay Thai trainee half your size
>fatty delusions

You got everything backwards.

Lifting when done properly will make you healthy and make you look good. You can go to the gym at any time you want.

Muay Thai by itself probably won't change how you look and in the long run fuck up your joints. There's no avoiding that. Most martial arts clubs have specific traning hours.

So if you're young sure try it. But if you're 25+ definetly stick to llifting.

Why not both ?
Tbh im going to do 2x muay thai/week and 2x lifting

you do both you fucking retard.
Strength training aids your muay thai.

God damn faggots on tis site think you always have to chose one or the other. Fucking retards.

>Muay Thai
>martial art
Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about.

>Getting kicked in the head is healthier than resistance training

Hmmmm

Happens only in your fantasies.

No, do Muay Thai

Fact: Lifting does 0 for your stamina heart quality.

Lifting is better for strength and well, aesthetics. I see no reason why you couldn't do both though.

Have fun rolling around with other guys closet fag.

Have fun beating off your gym buddies in the showers fag.

Yeah because picking up heavy things makes you a better fighter than someone who actually trains to fight in my fantasies.

Muay Thai:
>Fun as fuck
Yes, if you're into it
Lmfao, show me a correct stance and foot work after 8 weeks
Knees and elbows right to your body is not very healthy
Probably

But, you can do both you twat

Amateur martial arts is one of the safest, injury free sports.

I've done kickboxing for 2 years and I learnt more combinations and footwork in 4 months than I saw my chest growing on SS+GOMAD.

>He actually did SS+GOMAD

oy vey

>4 months than I saw my chest growing on SS+GOMAD.
>expecting your chest to grow on SS

Exactly my point. SS is the most efficient beginner program for noobs though. Which proves my point that lifting takes too long to see results.

Bren dimige

In terms of muscle growth? Sure it does take a long time unless you are roiding.

In terms of strength? Nigga you are literally adding weight to the bar every workout.

>Girls don't give a shit
This is where you're talking out of your arse. The amount of attention I've got since I've become normie jacked is ten fold the attention I got before. My effort and strategy hasn't changed. It's the muscles that have made the difference. Women are turned on by traits that emphasize differences between men and women (height, muscle, etc.).

>Not supplementing your MT with weights
Enjoy welterweight, faggot.

>SS is the most efficient beginner program for noobs though
according to the SS shills and those that have been meme'd into believing it, you're going to gain muscle and strength mainly in your legs, chest doesn't get much of a workout

Nothing more healthy than fighting ^D:
>OPs logic...

Most of the time I went out and some giant gorilla was hitting on the girl I wanted, I would just confuse him with some verbal conundrum and then smooth talk the girl into my bedroom.

>muay Thai
>being on the floor ever
You know how I know you're retarded

I'm not talking about being roider jacked. Most women aren't into that. And I'm not talking about going out specifically, but it applies to that. I meant on dating websites and apps. Kept my profile as it was, just changed pictures to show off my biceps or whatever.

>Doesn't realize Muay Thai has all the stances, forms, uniforms, ceremonies and traditions other TMAs do
No, I think I know who has no idea what he's talking about, and it's not that guy.

>Why not both

Lifting heavy weights is pretty hard on your joints and muscles. Muay thai is also pretty hard on your joints and muscles. You'll be in twice the pain all the time if you combine them and you'll be too fatigued to do either to the max.

I'm not sure what this image is trying to convey.

That's why you desgin a proper program or get a proper program that considers recovery and fatigue management. You would go through phases emphasizing each thing.
Obviously you can't do Texas method and martial arts at the same time you mongo.

>stances, forms, uniforms, ceremonies and traditions other TMAs do
Oh Yeah? What other non muay Thai derivatives use prajouids, mongkols, etc?

Go ahead and explain to me, a practitioner for over 7 years, on what muay Thai really is.

>Muay Thai has all the stances, forms, uniforms, ceremonies and traditions

M8....

why not both you queer

Give me 1 (one) good reason why i should take sport A insteaed of sport B

Sport A
>traits exclusive to sport A, considering sport A is a completely different sport than sport B

Sport B
>traits exclusive to sport B, considering sport B is a completely different sport than sport A

Nigger, I meant that Muay Thai has its own versions of these concepts; prajouids and mongkol falling under uniform. It has all the traits of a martial art as opposed to a fighting sport. Not that it has the same as others. Goddamn, brush up your reading skills. A few too many blows to the head in your 7 years, is it?

>His only purpose in lifting is chest growth
There's your problem

no, but it gives you more weight, which is a huge determiner of who gets fucked up in a fight

once you get a big boy job, lifting offers more flexibility in your daily routine

lifting won't make you healthy. MT is much better for health as long as you don't compete or spar hard. Also lifting fucks up your joints too

>"B-BUT I ACTUALLY MEANT ;_;"
No.
>has all the stances, forms, uniforms, ceremonies and traditions other
Read this again (from your post).
Yeah it's definitely not my reading comprehension at fault here

>Not doing both.

Anyone with any amount of strength is just going to grab you and turn you into their plaything.. Fist fights don't happen in real life, you're going to get grabbed, thrown to the ground and choked out until you die

food gives you weight. not lifting

this. do both. + cardio. + GPP. Lots of low resistance high rep exercises, bodyweight etc.
lifting isn't the end game, it's only a small part of health
This place focuses on it a shitload cause it's full of insecure NEETS who don't have a girlfriend, and are desperate as fuck

That's where BJJ comes in handy

You realize I've got no other options than ad homming you now, right?

BJJ doesn't work in a real fight without rules. BJJ is useless when someone who lifts can literally grab your arm and tear it off.

Yeah because you have no argument.

You're trying to hard.

>BJJ doesn't work in a real fight without rules
It's THE most effective grappling system to date, so I'm inclined to disagree with your opinion.
>literally grab your arm and tear it off.
I don't plan on fighting Chewbacca any time soon, but BJJ will certainly take down any unskilled grappler with ease.

>tear off your arm

Lifting:
>boring
>better for muscular gains
>slow as shit to notice results

Muay Thai:
>makes you confident as fuck
>makes you a better fighter which is a good asset all the time 24/7
>improves cardiovascular health

More weight also makes you slower unless 90% of that weight is muscle and you actually train to move it properly.

Flexibility. Unless you can afford a staff of trainers, you'll have to work in classes with scheduled times.

I'd just do both. OP is probably too pussy for that though.

>gorilla's feelings have been hurt :(

>changing sentence structure when quoting

Because getting hit in then head is super fucking bad for you

where do I find a retarded XDDD gf like this if I missed out on teenage love?

They're all mentally ill stay away from them

Lifting:
>Boring as shit
That's just your opinion and opinion are like assholes - everyone has one.

>Takes months to get tiny results
You'll see strength gains pretty fast.

>You never have to lift heavy things IRL
Still living in your momma's basement? Also: >Girls don't give a shit
They don't give a shit about most things you do, this includes muay thai.

Muay Thai:
>Fun as fuck
It depends on the school. A shitty school with shitty people will give shitty and boring training.

Depends on age, fitness level, flexibility, etc.

Generally speaking, yes. But it depends on the school. A good school will deliver good training. Shitty schools will deliver shitty training that will fuck up your joints.

It gives you the ability. The confidence is a mental thing. If you're a pussy and you start doing muay thai, you'll stay a pussy.

Anyway, you should do both, you gigantic faggot.

>MT is much better for health as long as you don't compete or spar hard.
This makes the self-defense point moot, though. The only reason to train a combat sport like muay thai is to become good at fighting. If you just want to prance around doing cardio, do taebo or aerobic.

porque no los dos?

>>tear off your arm
>implying it can't be done
BJJ settles for the virgin arm-bar, not the Chad Unhinge.

>fun as fuck
It gets boring quickly unless you are naturally gifted
That's actually not true at all.
Not even kinda true.
Good luck with that.

Wow nice counterargument, retard. The steroids have probably gone to your head.

Being swole is beneficial all the time. Being able to fight is useless 99% of the time unless you're in prison for assault. o wait..

Imagine going to jail for assaulting somebody just to compensate for being a dyel tfw no gf

This tbqh. After the first few punches, you're grappling.

>Muay Thai:
>>Fun as fuck

I worked with a guy who competed in kickboxing. You know what he did every lunchtime? Hit himself in the chins with a wooden mallet for an hour while drinking milk.

Fun as fuck?

Serious question.

How much do you MT bros pay per month for your training? I lift but am thinking of picking up boxing or MT for fun/cardio.

Do both fag

You'all have crippling arthritis in your shins when you get older

>muh overtraining
entire post disregarded

why didnt he just do cardio

You can get good at fighting without sparring hard enough that someone gets knocked out every session

>It's THE most effective grappling system to date
Yeah, under MMA rules. In a real fight, you're allowed to bite a chunk out of the opponent's arm or stomp their skull in.

>Not even kinda true.
Lifting has little to no benefits health-wise.

Dude. Half the cops I know do BJJ in their own time to use on the job. For when they get in real fights, with people who want to hurt them, every week.

And no, obviously I'm not an Amerifat. They don't just shoot anyone who gets physical.

>Muay Thai
Enjoy huge abs but no arms or shoulders at all. I did thai boxing before and I'd say you better mix it up with lifting or you'll look like a freak

There's a difference between a cop trying to subdue an attacker and getting into a fist fight as a civilian. The cop isn't trying to fight the attacker, the cop is trying to control him.

>trying to control him

And? It's also the easiest way to defend yourself.

pls don't post this is an american only board

must be why it's so gay

Easier than throwing a single punch?

a punch is way higher risk of doing serious harm compared to submission hold (if you slam him into concrete head first before doing the submission it kills the purpose, but if done correctly it's basically harmless)

lol no, BJJ is specifically made for 1-on-1. The "it doesn't work on a fight without rules!" mostly refers to the fact that if you're grabbing a nigga on the floor, the nigga's friends are going to kick the shit out of your head, so you don't have the benefit of time for slowly grabbing your way to victory.

Absolutely underrated

>method of combat or warfare
>not a martial art