Are deadlifts a meme?

Are deadlifts a meme?

I finally managed to hit 5 plates on Sumo the other week, I am rapidly approaching this number as well on Conventional.

I lift with decent form and the bar comes off the ground quickly.

I am wondering if I am just aiming to look good and get "mired" should I just do rows and chin/pull ups instead?

No you shoulder only do one or the other

>Are deadlifts a meme?
>I finally managed to hit 5 plates...

Why are you asking this 495 pounds in? Most are asking this before they even get fucking one plate

I've spent about 2 years lifting and I have reached the crossroads of if I wanna work on looking good or hitting the mythical 6 plates.

Just mid lifting life crisis user.

post your height age and weight, also by 5pl8 you mean 5 on each side, correct?

Yeah 5 plates each side

6', 195lb, 29

you're deadlifting but not doing pullups, chinups, or rows?

i've always felt squats and deads were more than enough to create lower body hypertrophy. If you look dyel up top just add more accessory work. Deadlifts are GOAT

>that weight
>2 years of lifting
>495 lbs

you're at literal elite tier after 2 years. godtier genetics, roids, estatting?

thats fucking great man, congrats. i wouldnt say theyre a meme but continuing to try to hit 6 plates robably wont have any real bearing on your fitness here on out

there's nothing elite-tier about a 5pl8 sumo deadlift at 195lbs unless you're going by some meme standards off some website

if it makes you feel worse i pulled 485 conventional when i was 17 and weighed ~190, and that's nothing compared to what actually talented lifters can do

I am, just as accessories.

Before I was an infantryman for 6 years, never really listed besides PT and a lot of running.

i've lifted for 3½ years and i've never seen any one at that weight pulling 5 pl8 for 5 reps irl before. it's pretty fucking exceptional if OP has only lifted for 2 years

this explain it then, thx

who said it was for 5 reps?

it was pretty clear to me that OP meant his 1rm was 5pl8

>I finally managed to hit 5 plates on Sumo the other week, I am rapidly approaching this number as well on Conventional.

are you feeling alright?

there is no mention of 5 reps in that sentence

no im ill

can't really call it a fever anymore when you been liking asian chicks for over a decade

feel better

thank you friend

Sauce pls

Deadlifts help you move more weight on the other more aesthetics focused lifts, which means better gains.

Generally, anyone who you admire with a good body will do deadlifts to some degree. That doesn't mean min-max your training for a powerlifting 1RM. But at least train moderately heavy in the 3-6 rep range along with some higher rep assistances

Herpes, then