HOW TO SLEEP BETTER - ASK ME ANYTHING AND I WILL HELP SOLVE YOUR SLEEP PROBLEMS

LISTEN UP

If you are one of those people who takes hours to fall asleep, wakes up in the middle of the night, gets a seriously fragmented sleep or has any other sleeping problem this post is for you. This is how you fix your sleeping habits. If you do all this stuff I PROMISE you will improve your sleeping and you will be better off mentally, physically and spiritually. You probably won't even need to do all of the steps, and for most people just doing the first two or three will likely result in better sleeping.

STEP ONE:
Use your bed ONLY for sleep and sex. Don't read, eat or lay in bed thinking, and most importantly NEVER use your laptop or phone in bed. This alone is probably enough to fix most sleeping problems.

STEP TWO:
Keep your room cool at night. If you are cold, put more blankets on the bed, but don't put too much clothing on or you will get too hot and either won't be able to fall into a deep sleep or will spend the night going in and out of a very light sleep. My suggestion is to only wear undies and a t shirt to bed. Try to have the window open a little bit to get air flowing through the room.

STEP THREE:
Have a hot shower or bath before bed time, then go into your cool room and let your body temperature drop for a little while before getting into bed. This temperature drop is important. It's one of your body's signals that you need to start producing more melatonin.

STEP FOUR:
Meditate. If you've tried all of the above and you're still not sleeping properly, you will probably need to do some extra measures. I'll expand on a few you can try in this post, but meditation is the best one of these. You can meditate whenever you'd like throughout the day, but some time at night when you come home from work/school/whatever and need to de-stress is best. Make sure you do it every day. Guided meditations are great for beginners. Insight timer is a great app that has many free guided meditations.

Other urls found in this thread:

acrobolix.com/product/twilite/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>not using phone in bed
too hard

STEP FIVE:
Have a light snack before going to bed, like a banana or a warm glass of milk. Some people can't sleep because their blood sugar drops too low while they are in bed. You can also do this if you wake up in the middle of the night, and you should fall asleep again quickly. Ultimately, you will need to fix your blood sugar problems.

STEP SIX
Try a natural sleeping supplement. There are lots out there that work to varying degrees. Below is a list of them, going from most common to least common.
>Magnesium - calms the brain. Generally a good thing to take everyday even if you don't have sleeping problems.
>Melatonin - useful if you have trouble falling asleep, but not for other types of insomnia. Take 1mg or less when you get into bed. If it doesn't work the first time it's likely not going to work.
>Valerian - mildly sedating herb. Didn't work for me but seems to work for other people.
>5HTP - increases serotonin, which leads to increased melatonin, less anxiety and less depression. Take in the morning for a couple of weeks to feel the effects.
>Inositol - similar to the above.
>GABA - Doesn't work for everyone, but if it works, it works. Like a natural benzodiazepine but without side effects. Can also be used for day time anxiety.
>Marijuana/CBD oil - I don't use these but some people do. I'd personally go for CBD oil over marijuana any day, as it has way less side effects.

Nigger i dont live in a house, my bed is my couch

STEP SEVEN:
Get a sleeping pill from your doctor. This is a last resort, but desperate times call for desperate measures. They do have side effects and are easy to become dependent on, so try not to use them for more than three nights in a row. The problem with sleeping is that sometimes the anxiety of sleeping can become so much that you just need to break that cycle, and this is where a benzo will be useful. In the past I have used temazepam, which had a mild effect, and nitrazepam, which was very effective but left me feeling out of it the next day. Not ideal but neither is going for weeks without sleeping.

I started using a fan during the summer because it was so hot, and I found it helps me fall asleep better. Thinking of getting a white noise machine now.

Try and get a house. You will sleep better, trust me.

You could try using the fan in winter on a low setting instead of getting a white noise machine.

This looks like a quick summary of "Sleep Smarter". Am I wrong?

I don't know what that is, but this information isn't exactly secret so probably.

this was like reading how to win friends and influence people. nothing special about the information, but some people are fucking dense and don't realise that you shouldn't be sticking a phone in your face right before trying to sleep

Just the thread i needed.
>get up evrey other hour to piss
how to stop this? is it the 2 gallons of water a day

he actually fell for the HIDRATION MEME

only drink when hungry desu senpai

Benzos

so what should i do when i'm thirsty?

how do I out of circadian rhythm disorder senpai

Squats, obviously.

Bro-tip: just wake up earlier so you can fall asleep easier, assuming you want to sleep at a regular time

squat

This, already quit.

Yeah because that that guy isn't already trying to get a house or anything

get checked for diabetes. nobody needs 2 gal of water a day.

But watching unintentional ASMR videos in bed is my only way to fall asleep fast.

You need to accept that it'll get worse before it gets better. You'll probably never change because getting into a routine requires effort and discipline though.

the aliens wake me up almost every night to go get probed on their tour bus ufo. last night i released bug bombs in my room and slept with a gas mask but i guess the aliens are immune to pesticides caus there they were again, dragging me out of my goddamn bed to go get probed. it really affects my sleep patterns

>get checked for diabetes
Hope not this.

acrobolix.com/product/twilite/

What do you think lads

Meme or legit

>even flux can't save me

I have to stop using my laptop right before going to bed but it's hard bros

>tfw tried all step except the last two with no luck.

I can't even remember the last time I slept out, definitely not this year

I always wake up atleast once to piss. I drink maybe 2-3L a day. Wat do.

Another thing is to not have caffeine after lunch

STEP EIGHT(NOT OP):
Don't do any strenuous activity 2 hours before bed. Give yourself at least an hour and a half to wind down. If you feel your resting heart beat is above normal - you haven't given yourself adequate time to cool down.

I had this problem training BJJ. Class finished at 730 and had to go to bed at 930. My heart rate was still ticking at 80-100 bpm. Falling asleep was nigh impossible.

Take this shit it's magic

Stop drinking before 5pm

Why not just try a natural sleeping supplement then? They are not exactly hard to get or harmful like benzos.

It's a rip off, but it would probably work. The problem is that 5htp leads to increased melatonin, and L-theanine and L-glutamine have the same effect, so there's basically no point in having all of them in there. You would be better off just trying either melatonin by itself (at a much lower dose) or l-theanine by itself. There is no need to take all of these together.

Some of those doses are also high enough to build tolerances, especially the doses of melatonin and l-theanine. On the other hand, the dose of 5htp is basically nothing. The recommended dose of 5htp for sleep is 200-400mg.

Are light alarms + blackout curtains worth it?

Black out curtains are the only reason I sleep so well at night during the summer when the sun rises so early.

>tfw pharma resistant insomniac

have tried every type of sleep wellness techniques and every pill under the sun...weed works, but also makes me a lazy nigger and dont want to risk my job

shits getting real old, fuck you brain

so fucking right user, also what really helped me was reading a book before going to bed

if its the holy bible better, also pray for gainz

>owl
>triangular building in the distance
Is this image a reference to Blade Runner?

>image search
>blade runner pops up
Was that so hard