After seeing how MMA is a big joke, I'm signing up for boxing. What should my weight training be now...

After seeing how MMA is a big joke, I'm signing up for boxing. What should my weight training be now, low weight high rep?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_MaY09p-qWI
vocaroo.com/i/s1ZguniuzALv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>big joke
There's a reason Floyd backed out of an octagon match

Explain why the """hardest left in the ufc""" couldnt KO a 40 year old man in retirement

The reason for that is the fight was supposed to be interracial bdsm anyway. Look at that Connor Mcfaggot, disgusting.

Explain why "the best boxer alive" couldnt ko a first time boxer in 9 rounds.

turning you're back to your opponent is a legitimate fight strategy, boxing is cool.

tbf i couldn't decide between training bjj or boxing until i saw how much boxing blew bjj the fuck out in that fight.

Because he has nothing to prove. A fish isnt going to climb a tree. Connor on the other hand attempted it because he stood to make more money on that one fight than any ufc star could ever dream of. All this talk of hurrr he wouldnt last is pointless, theyre different sports and we saw a boxer win a boxing match and would probably see a ufc fighter win a ufc match

>muh 3 second KO
Its a different sport mate. You dont pull up to tennis looking to slam dunk.

He never claimed to be a KO artist like your leprechaun did.
Also you know he's a man for money right? If he ended it that quick, which he could've, these sports would take a hit in the sense that it isn't satisfying enough to pay for

Your endurance work should be on the bag, on the road and in the ring
For legs I'd suggest low reps high weight and explosive stuff, since you don't want to get gigantic legs unless you're moving up a weightclass, upper body you can vary, your shoulders and back need to be inhumanely strong, it's important not to have weight training interfere with the boxing training, technique trumps all

The UFC is a joke.
Watch bellator.
Shut up retard go push your fetishes elsewhere.

Boxer here. You don't lift anymore after you start training. Theres a reason why most of us have the physique of a child.

It very nearly came down to decision in a fight that was in "the best boxer in the world"s favor from the start. If the situation were switched, mayweather may have literally been killed.

Cuckold Mcfaggot is a race traitor and a coke junkie.

Trying so hard to resist the bait in this thread.

>floyd
>knocking anyone out
typical ufc faggot now knowing what boxing is about

my man, floyd is 40 years old
there is no excuse for that potato nig getting absolutely blown out

>willing to wear those gay ass sparkling shorts and paying for it
yeah no thanks i will stay straight

Roadwork every single fucking day, its tedius but if you dont do it you wont last 5 rounds

just train karate, you will get a killer punch that solves the problem in a second. no need to take the beta option to outdo your opponent's stamina
>lel le smart strategic fighting xD

>if
And if the had an Irish jig-off Conor would win as well. They agreed upon a boxing match though.

Mcgregor basically tapped against Floyd. He wanted out of there.

He got so lucky against Aldo.

>people still dont understand that the potato jew set everything up for shekels and played the thug boy card just to draw in more people to watch the match

This.
I neglected any form of cardio (outside of boxing because I used to consider it my cardio), and when time came for me to hit the mitts, I couldn't last 4 rounds.
This is after 4/5 months of doing bag work daily for 8+ rounds, albeit at my own pace.

>being best goyim and actually paying to watch this fight

how can a professional athlete be so unconditioned, guy was gasping air after 7 rounds? is it because of steroid abuse?

> boxing and mma
Just do street fighting

try do a couple rounds, then come back

>"hurr ufc is a joke"
>a pretty good ufc fighter nearly beat one of the best boxers in the world in a boxing match. It is pretty clear that in the reverse situation, the ufc fighter wouldve easily won
>"durr that doesnt mean anything reeeee"
I dont even watch ufc. Im just stating the obvious.

>It very nearly came down to decision
>a pretty good ufc fighter nearly beat one of the best boxers in the world in a boxing match
Conor was never even close to winning and you would know this if you had any clue of what you were talking about

This was a mutual exchange and a fabricated hype train. Anyone who gawked at this fight and thought anything other than mayweather winning is easily deceived. It was just a way to make a quick buck in vegas, boxing and the players left multi millionaires. You think Connor gives a flying fuck if he won that? He came from poverty, Floyd is in debt he needs this cash to pay the taxes on the the manny fight, he can't even get that money yet cause he can't afford the taxes.

Boxing is dying once mayweather is off the scene for good it will finally collapse, mma is endlessly more entertaining.

Floyd would never lower himself to fight bums in a cage for peanuts

"He got so lucky against Aldo"
Are you fucking retarded?

MMA fighters literally don't know how throw punches, Conor got hyped because Aldo launched himself face first into his fist

Kek. Tell me who has the better physique here.

Literally any punch couldve knocked floyd out. The fact that it couldve gone to decision at all is impressive considering the skill of his oponent but feel free to keep moving the goalpost.

They're both turbomanlets, so who cares.

Best *defense* fighter. Mayweather hasn't had a ko in like 10 years. Mma sucks so bad a 40 year old man with brittle hands Ko their best fighter in his prime.

This sums up the argument

Connor sucked so bad. Mayweather of all people started fighting Mexican style. What happened to I'll ko him in under 4, he is to small he is to old, his head is to small, he has weak soft hands, he has no power, I'm champ in 2 weight classes.

>Literally any punch couldve knocked floyd out
what a stupid fucking thing to say.
none of them came close to doing this btw.

>The fact that it couldve gone to decision
again wtf are you even talking about?
floyd was just waiting for the bum to tire out and then quite obviously finished him off. it would have been a knock out if the ref didn't end it.

>27 years old and absolutely winded
fucking scrub can't even keep up with a 40 year old and he's the "best ufc fighter" lol

Do low rep strength. You want as much power to mass as possible now.

But seriously conditioning should be over half of your work. And running is king - nothing translates to boxing better than running

>best fighter
>in his prime
Neither of those is true tho.

>A professional boxer won a boxing match against a guy who is not a professional boxer.
Damn who could have seen that one coming.........
Anyone who thought the leprechaun was going to win was retarded. Just like anyone who thinks Money would win in a MMA fight against McG is retarded.

>a "fighter" can only win if he can roll on the ground with another man
really activates my almonds, friend.

UFC doesn't last as long as a boxing match mate.

it doesn't matter.
you should be in better shape than that, it's pathetic.

I was able to save my friends a lot of money when I reminded them how shitty Jordan was at Baseball

Money. If you don't think boxing matches are just as fake as the WWF you're naive as fuck. The fights are fixed. It's almost always that way

This
They're like, 5'0 110lb? K E K

>spotted the irate mick
fuck off tato nigg

If you actually watch the fight, conor had mayweather woozy from a beautiful body shot, that bought off refs and judges deemed "below the belt"!

Not at all faggot. Just telling you how it is. You really think people are going to let millions of dollars ride on chance? You'd have to be fucking retarded to believe that.

i-it's all fixed!
#infowars
#deathtoglobalists

you don't need to run. What you need to do is high intensity aerobic exercise. If you're starting off with literal shit aerobic conditioning (like you can't even run a mile or your mile pace is 12 minutes) then distance running will be a good introduction for you. But high intensity cardio is what directly translates to being able to keep intensity up during a round and recover between rounds.

>Literally any punch couldve knocked floyd out
>couldve gone to decision
You could say the above about any two boxers in any boxing match ever

Boxing matches have been fixed since the sport was born. There's been entire documentaries on that fact. Just because you're too fucking stupid to look shit up doesn't mean others aren't. Retards like you are the reason the meathead stereotype still exist.

"Nearly" are you fucking retarded?

the irony in this post holy fuck
a massive gap in skill happened

if you are changing any of your MMA or boxing training based on what happened in the Mayweather/McGregregor fight you may be completely retarded

Conor already had a reputation of having a big left before the Aldo fight you fucking pleb.

That uppercut was the best punch he landed in the entire fight and it didn't even stop Floyd from coming forward. Some power puncher, what a joke.

Floyd has a solid chin too though. youtube.com/watch?v=_MaY09p-qWI
that punch would've KO'ed pacman twice.

No it wouldn't have, Conor had nothing behind any of his punches because he doesn't know how to punch.

Pac literally got KO'd by a punch extremely similar to that one.

Except fights where one fighter was decimated, like you would expect from a top boxer fighting a new boxer

except his was thrown by a boxer that knows how to punch.

By a guy who knows how to punch. Look at how he's transferring his weight to his back foot while throwing it. That's how Floyd forced him to throw most of his punches. He doesn't know how to transfer his weight into his punches correctly and take advantage of his size advantage.

jesus, that was perfectly executed by maidana.
great fighter.

> jump into the ring with a world champion of a sport you haven't done since you were a teenager

Who was so fucking retarded to think the potato was going to win this? I was actually impressed he lasted as long as he did.

If you want to take up boxing go right ahead, just have better taste in watches than Mayweather.

Because the 40 year old is the best defensive boxer of all time

>MMA fighters literally don't know how throw punches
>land more punches in 10 rounds than Pacquiaoao in 12

No that's bullshit.

It's been said by so many too coaches running is the best cardio for fighting.

It's about holding your weight. Most other cardio takes weight off your joints and you don't have to support yourself the same so it's not as useful to fighting.

Couldnt completely KO Diaz tho

Backed out? Who called out who for this boxing match and why the fuck would Floyd do a UFC match for SIGNIFICANTLY less pay with no chance of winning?

He was starting to get gassed by the 4th or 5th round. That's almost the time of a 3 round MMA fight and far less than the 5 round fights he has to prepare for.

I've been training mma for a few years now at a local gym. Its been fun and I made a lot of friends but after seeing that disgrace at the weekend I'm cancelling my membership. What was the point learning about grappling and ground game when the greatest mma fighter alive can't even knock out a 40 year old man?

This is the exact thing Conor said, and he started slowing down within 4 rounds of the fight. Nate Diaz has some of the best Cardio in MMA and he does triathlons. The amount of endurance needed to throw punches and move around that long is only gained from long distance training over HITT.

to be fair Aldo ran at him chin first, if he had been any more cautious and actually put up a fight who knows where Conor would be right now

You've never been a real fight, You were fighting in a controlled environment where a referee is making sure you are safe. In a real fight, you want to end it as fast as possible. Poke his eyes out, kick his balls, or punch his throat.

You casuals crack me up.
Mayweather didn't use his most useful tool against him (the Philly Shell) because, Conor is a southpaw and its less effective against them, and he did not respect Conors punching ability at all. If Conors X-factor of having an unorthodox stance wasn't there he would have looked like an absolute idiot for every round he spent in the ring.

Pac is an orthodox swarmer and was injured in the fight against Floyd and Floyd fought him like someone who was actually capable of knocking him out.

>if mma fighters can't bring you to the floor, this is how they fight
lol pathetic

Explain why Floyd had to work to knock him out under the most favorable conditions possible.

Holly Holms could wreck his ass in the Octagon.

I know this is bait, but I'll take it.

Boxing is a different sport. Even for a pure striker there a are big differences between boxing and mma. You don't have to defend against kicks, elbows, takedowns, etc. The gloves are much larger. You can't really fight in the clinch.

Conor would easily win in the octagon against Mayweather even if no grappling were allowed and they had to fight on their feet.

A really interesting fight would be one fought under boxing rules but with 4 Oz gloves. That would negate a lot of Mayweather's defensive strategy.

Conor landed a few good punches and won a couple rounds in his professional debut against one of the best boxers of all time. But Mayweather easily won the match.

Nothing at all surprising about that. Conor knows how to throw a punch, but it's a different sport and he was fighting one of the masters of that discipline.

Anyone who thought Conor had a great chance of winning is retarded. Anyone who thought he wouldn't land a single blow on Mayweather and would get KO'd inside 3 rounds is equally retarded.

>Conor would easily win in the octagon against Mayweather
I doubt it, look how easily he rekt mcgregor

>Conor would easily win in the octagon against Mayweather even if no grappling were allowed and they had to fight on their feet.
kek

There was never any talk of a UFC fight. McMemer wanted to box.

Connor gasses in the UFC too. He was done in the second round of McGregor/Diaz 1.

here is your pity reply you fucking loser

you should train a lot cardio.
one big differerenz is that UFC memers are not doing enough cardio. Its just to exhausting, you know.
And thats why Floyd became stronger and stronger from round to round and won easy in the end.

A lot of the boxing elitists don't want toi admit that Conor did a lot better than they would have liked.

>hurr he won't land one single punch
>he will get ko'd in one round!

Completely? He couldn't even TKO him. He could barely rock him

>Conor did a lot better than they would have liked.
mayweather was completely unscathed after the fight and didn't take the first half seriously.

Not speaking poorly of mcgregor but people act like it was ever a close match lol

What exactly did he do that was good? Serious question. His conditioning was shit. His punches were shit. His pacing, both in the fight as a whole and in individual rounds, was shit. He landed a lot of punches because Floyd gave him no respect. He won rounds because Floyd let him tire himself out. He went 10 rounds because Floyd carried him for 10 rounds.

No, he didn't. He got exposed hard with his shit cardio and 0 punching power.

He only made it to round 10 because Floyd didn't even bother to fight him for the first 5 rounds.

I'd like to see Floyd fight an MMA match against Conor. He'd get eaten alive

>guy who usually uses all of his body and grappling plus throws instead of just strikes with his fists
>still does 10 rounds against a pro boxer under boxing rules
>big joke

Just fuck off with this b8

>same ref everytime he fights
>does nothing but dirty boxing tricks to frustrate opponent
>use same dirty boxing tricks to get points
>hugs all night long
>knows black ref is going to intervene constantly

vocaroo.com/i/s1ZguniuzALv