Is resting heart rate a meme?

Is resting heart rate a meme?

I'm very fat and my resting heart rate is between 55-60

I thought fat = health issues? What is the deal with heart rates?

Anyone know ?

athletes with a low resting HR are seen as having a more efficient heart and higher ceilings for aerobic activity.

an obese individual with bradycardia is dying.

>what did he mean by this?

skinnyfat, 18, average resting heart rate of 85
should I be worried?

>anything over 55
Yes, be concerned

Fat does = health issues you fat fuck
You don't have diabetes/heart problems now but give it a few years and you almost certainly will. You don't lose weight because you have problems and shit the bed, you lose weight so you don't get problems in the first place. Dumb fuck

How to lower resting heart rate? I'm fit but when we did some experiments in college, my HR was really shit like 120/90. I was embarassed as everyone thought I was fit and nobody could get why my HR is so shit.

How to lower it?

the more you exercise, the more the body adapts and finds an optimal/efficient state depending on what you are doing.

By exercising, you train your parasympathetic nervous system into recognizing when is the best time to do what. When you're healthy, you have stronger blood flow/wider blood vessels/no clogging and the heart needs to work less to pump it throughout your system, so during rest your heart can afford to pump less frequently in order to circulate oxygen.

When you are unhealthy, the heart has to work harder in order to pump blood throughout your system do to blood vessels being constricted from fat/plaque in the arteries/overall smaller veins. This strains the heart and the lower resting rate isn't due to the body adapting, but due to wearing and exhausting the heart muscle.

sufficient explanation?

Eat raw garlic.

Your heart rate is 120/90?

You mean blood pressure, and that is normal

Resting heart rate is different senpai

Its really helpful however the question still stands

Say you are fat and your heart rate is actually in the mid 50s-60s

at 18 you should be extremely worried since heart disease is the number one killer of men.
I had a resting heart rate of 40 at 18, I ran constantly.
Ten years later I now have a resting heart rate of 65. Shit catches up fast and it gets harder as your body becomes less efficient.
it's not too late to change user, especially while you're still at an age where your body can nearly completely recover from anything.
After 25 you never truly recover, some damage will always remain from any injury.

everyone is different.

if you stay fat, your heart rate will become more stupid.

then you are young and the fatness hasn't started to destroy your heart yet.

Yeah, my HR is also high though. How to lower it?

I'm actually on a cut and not that fat

Was more so looking to start a discussion on the topic actually....

What is your heart rate? Your blood pressure actually looks within normal range and not too bad

The thing you kind of need to focus on if you are older than 30 is actually RBC, blood pressure, and irregular heart rates or beats. Meaning you are sitting at home trying to rest and your actual heart rate is over 90, that is bad

High blood pressure for long term will kill the kidneys, and guys in their 40-60s need transplants

Why does heart rate or blood pressure increase? Normally with age, however a dramtic spike can happen from steroid use

RBC = red blood cell counts
hemoglobin = keep below 18.5
hematorcit = keep below 51 a level between 54-60 means thick blood = heart attack/stroke or heart issues in the future
>How to lower it?
You can lower it from making better choices and donating blood ever 10 weeks however if you are young and healthy more than likely you are fine....

My HR is 80 in normal state, it's within normal limit but I still feel like it's too much for young fit guy. I wanna have it below 60 when I'm resting like those elite athletes have, How to? Cardio?

oh, I thought you were OP

80 resting heart rate isn't normal for someone who is young

Do you have a heart rate monitor on you at all times?

:)

I am OP....

Wtf are you talking about all the time?

I'm asking one question: HOW TO LOWER RESTING HR?

Are you autistic?

If you are at a healthy bf% and do cardio regularly then lower BPM is better. Lower than 60 can be cause for concern if you are not a young and active or older and very active individual. Anywhere from 60-100 is considered normal, but keep in mind to get and accurate reading for resting bpm you should be seated/lying down for 5-15 minutes and not have done strenuous activity in the previous 30-45 minutes.

Generally heart rate is not something most doctors worry about unless you are an outlier or it is in combination with other factors like blood pressure and cholesterol readings/family heart history. If you are reading high bpm then just incorporate more cardio.

When I'm completely sober my resting hr is usually anywhere from 40-55. I do a moderate amount of running so I'm not too worried about it. When I get drunk and am hungover the next day, usually my hr is up between like 75-85 cuz that's what alcohol does to your body.

I think the lowest heart rate I've had was around 37 or 38. I don't have high blood pressure like my dad does and I don't have high chlorestoral like my mom does, so I guess I lucked out with that. I had a heart murmur when I was like, 5 years old that went away, though, and has never come back.

Almost all of the info in this thread are pretty on point, don't feel like I could add much. Your heart is part of the cardiovascular system, which is kinda why cardio is called that. More cardio you do, the stronger and more efficient the system gets.