Post the exercise that gives you the most trouble, other anons give advice on how to improve

post the exercise that gives you the most trouble, other anons give advice on how to improve

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=autejMlg2wY&index=8&list=FL2zeADW7eULn4ZYtWgbtISA
youtube.com/watch?v=ruhFmBrl4GM
youtu.be/hA5DexJoco4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ohp

Try to imagine you're pushing the bars down, not pulling yourself up.
This. Stuck on barbell ohp, meanwhile db presses keep going up.

Mirin

Try to push paralel, I mean, alot of guys either put their shoulders inward or others squeeze their bag.Both are wrong.
Also keep your legs at distance and tense your lats.
Its better if you look in a mirror while doing dips, so you see exactly the dsitance you go down

keep a very close grip.Your thumbs shoulb be 1-1.5inches distance from your shoulders.
Squeeze your shoulder blades,glutes and abs.Squeeze the bar and while pressing , bend a little in front.

tense your ass * I meant at dips, not your lats and by bag I meant back*

thanks anons

tryna get like this innit,,,

youtube.com/watch?v=autejMlg2wY&index=8&list=FL2zeADW7eULn4ZYtWgbtISA

>ohp
work triceps more
keep tight core

Also have trouble with dips.
Shoulder flexibility seems to be fucked, plus just have fucked joints.

Fucking squats man, how do they work? My squat max is 75% of my DL, read somewhere that more than 20% difference indicates weak core. Maybe I don't understand how to tense up my core properly. Subjectively it feels more like just weak ass quads, would some isolation exercises work better than just more squatz?

close grip bench

post vid in /plg/, mb your form is bad

hanging keg raises

the bottom 1/4 of chin-ups :(((((

I can do the top 3/4 of a chin-up and I'm 245 lb, just can't get out of the bottom

currently training them twice a week, one day 3x10 with assistance and one day 10x1 with a band

inb4 lose weight, I will after I hit goals on main lifts

i do ohp with dumbbells and i do one variation sitting with arms at sides elbows at 90 degrees, then one standing with lesser weight, arms tuxked in more elbows at 45 degrees or less and hit the chest on the release and go back up. you can do this with barbell too

Assisted chinups are shit, just use lat pulldown until you can do proper pullup

Deadlift

Dumbbell flys, how do I progress further than swinging 12lbs? Or I'm not supposed to?

Try fully relaxing your shoulders, then using your lats and back pull your shoulders back and down/chest up. Not sure if that makes sense but it 'activates' the lats and makes that beginning bit easier

I did 14 lbs for 50 reps easely.
My advice?Do very heavy, SWINGING, 6 reps.
And do them with one arm at a time, and point your thumb up

>symmetric strength says i need to do weighted dips with 50kg
>can barely do 20kg
fuck this lift tbqh

Put the bar over the middle the foot then grab it so that your arms hang straight down. Then bend your knee's just until your shins touch the bar. Initiate the pull by taking a deep breath and pulling your chest up, pulling the slack out of your arms while pressing your feet into the floor. At the top of the movement, squeeze your glutes together to help with lockout. Make sure the bar does not lose contact with your legs.

It helps to imagine that there's rope attached to your upper back that someone is pulling, thus causing your chest to rise with the barbell in your hands. Done correctly, this is pretty much what the deadlift should feel like.

me 2 pls :(

My deadlift (270x4) and squat (260x5) are almost the same

I did this lift intermittently over the course of three years. If you're using heavy weights, they're just going to be a bitch.

only saw 1 dip in there and it was when he was finished

you probably have long femurs, nothing you can do about the difference

before i fucked my shit up squatting, my deadlift was 150lbs ahead of my squat

I liked squeeze your bag better.

Shit like this.

I can do a lot of upper body strength stuff that others can't, but this machine and all of its variants are some of the most frustrating things in the world. My arms feel too big and clumsy whenever I try to use it. Maybe I just need to use it more.

Pull ups. Can't do 1 good form pull up to save my life. Too embarrassed to use the bitch mode assist thing.

Keep gaining on lat pull downs hoping one day it'll transfer over

why can't I increase weight?
I am at 155lb / 8-10 reps / 5 sets currently
1 rep max is 200
I weigh 150lbs

I really really want to get to 225 1 rep max. My 1 rep max on squat improved from 135 to 300, and my deadlift from 225 to 350ish in a few months but the secret to bench still eludes me

eat moar

Pistol squats

Halfway through my set I always have trouble with my balance. Really makes me feel goofy.

Front squats.

Pullups are just something you have to keep doing. It may sound stupid, but I used to suck at pullups and couldn't do one to save my life, but after trying more and more, I'm able to usually pump out 3-5 without too much trouble.

It's like leveling up in runescape.

Lat pulldowns

I always fail at them.

Power Cleans, no matter who I watch I still can't effectively do them. Tbh, I might just ask someone to teach me in person.

Front Squat. I can't get the bar into the right position without feeling like I'm choking myself. I think it's mobility issues in my arms and certainly does effect my Power Clean.

Fucken non-overhead triceps stuff. I could skullcrush or overhead extend a live cow but with pushdowns or kickbacks I fail and stall at the babbiest of weights. HALP

It is an awkward thing at first, I was like you, get some more volume in and if you really dont get the hang of it after a month or so just fuck it and do heavy ass cable flies and moar bench

Pull from your elbows not your hands. Play around with grip with. Press your heels into the ground and brace. Do babby weight warmups where you reeeeaaaally focus on the motion hitting your lats.

Microloading p8s

Learn how to do full cleans, then power cleans will be easy

The lightest plate the gym has is 2.5kg (5lbs)

That's why I'm suggesting you buy a set of microloading plates you Shylock.

Try scapula raises. They might give you the momentum you need to get yourself out of the hole at the bottom.

Change your rep scheme. Do 5 rep sets. Hell, even 3 rep sets. Maybe try changing your grip around.

I did the bitch mode assist thing.
It helped.

"Pride never helps. It only hurts"
youtube.com/watch?v=ruhFmBrl4GM

In my gym it's 1.25kg, I'm still having trouble with OHP.
I think the ideal would be 0.5kg per side.

Squat

Struggle to jerk off two bbc?

Try to succ

are you mentally ill? heal yourself

DO negatives until you get strong.. just jump into it hold as tight as you can until your fully extended down drop and do again.. do push ups and do rows - this will make it transfer over.. never use to do a pull up.. now im 205 i can do 5 and im still 35 lbs over weight.

>being this triggered

You may be homosexual, user

Seconded.

You can't cheat in that machine by gaining momentum in the start of the movement, you have to go 100% during the full range of motion.

I am apparently too retarded to comprehend curls. Fucking curls. I somehow manage to hurt my forearms each time I do it

please kill me

My squat is 64% of my diddly 1rm, and my bench is really close to my squat, what the fuck is wrong with me?

New to fit but I say

Walking straight ( Yeah I kinda suck )
Squats
Dumbells
Leg press
Sit ups and push ups

Currently around 279 trying to get to 190 been drinking water and eating bananas

Don't wrap your thumb around the bar. Somewhere it was posted on here that thumb wrapped around the bar causes shoulder impingement.

Bench... I could DL 2x bw and Squat 1.75 both for reps but struggled to get past BW bench. But i dont get it cause I can dip with a good amount of weight for reps and close grip bench p close to normal bench i dont fucking know fuck bench

I'm going to suggest the opposite of what the other user said and recommend practicing hang cleans. Also, record yourself and watch a lot of power clean videos. It took me 2 weeks to perfect my form by doing this. Also, this video helped me the most out of every video I watched
youtu.be/hA5DexJoco4
As for front squats, work on your wrist mobility by just pushing back on your hands every now and then, trying to touch your finger tips to your wrist (within comfort of course). You should be able to get onto a front rack position easily after a week or 2. The bar rests on your delts and not your collar bone, too

Hurt your forearms how? Do they hurt during the exercise, or in the following days like doms?

If you're new to lifting your forearms may just not be used to all work yet. Stick with it.

Ar you guys me? Back when I was still medically allowed to do squats and DL, my 1 rep max squat was 2 1/2 plates. Meanwhile with DL I could pump out 4x10 4 plates. Fucking squats man.

Learn to arch, i think silent mike has a video on it.
When you grip the bar grip it normally then switch to suicide grip then back to normal. This hand position ensures your wrists stay straight.
Also, tuck your elbows instead of flaring them out.

Skullcrushers I dont know why but my right Elbow alegatos hurts

These. I already got the 1/2/3 part down, but I am stuck at 345 lbs on my deadlifts. I honestly don't know which part of my body I need to work on extra for these.

Clench your asscheeks as HARD as you fucking can.

Ok. Now put your arms out in front of you bring them together and feel the same exact clenching feeling in your pectorals

reverse pullups and benching

Point toes slightly outward, experiment with this. Make sure your shoes have good grip on the floor and squeeze your ass muscles tight. Don't try to do all five reps on one breath. Learn how to stay tight and still breathe. This was the hardest part for me, I'd lose core tension if I took a breath, so I'd do four rep sets.

Use suicide grip, obviously. Thumbs must be over the bar. If this doesn't make sense, don't ignore it - look it up and figure out my broke description.

Keep your wrist straight. Start with lower weight, but concentrate more on your form.

Can't get into this depsite all the training

Pull-ups. Can't beat 8 reps in 4 sets for few months, shit makes me feel depressed

Dude fucking same. I think it's a combo of long femurs/long legs just being tall in general, as well as having poor flexibility and form due to underdeveloped muscle groups used for squats and underdeveloped legs in general. A killer combo. The rest of my lifts are okay, but squats... fuck squats.

Tbh if I wanted to fix it, I'd add extra leg excercises, more core excercises, and do 20 minutes of leg stretching daily to loosen all the muscles around the legs. Especially the calves.

My squats feel like I either bend too much forward at the bottom or put too much pressure on my knees. I'm 6'0 so maybe a small good morning is okay?

Kek I have a dumbbell made of 10 0.5 kg plates at home, too bad if I take them to gym I'll need duct tape to get them on the bar because holes are like 10 mm.

Why not do both.

shoulder anything

Rowing
The only thing I ever did for my back was chin/pullups and deadlifts.

after doing dips, my sternum, isn't really in pain nor is sore but I can feel it being "there" if you catch my drift. Am I dying?