BODYWEIGHT IS SO GREAT

BODYWEIGHT IS SO GREAT
BODYWEIGHT IS SO GREAT
EVEN THOUGH YOU GET 0 GAINS FROM IT
BODYWEIGHT IS SO GREAT

Wow it's almost like your muscles only get used to lifting heavier weight by lifting heavier weight.

Who'd a thunk it?

uh you can do that with BW

I remember you from the other thread

>just gain 2.5lbs a day bro
TEACH ME HOW

No you can't.

>what is leverages
Different approaches. With free weights you keep the movement as optimal as possible and increase weight, with calisthenics you change the movement to be less efficient (requiring greater raw force production).
Ultimately free weights are obviously far superior, but that doesn't mean you can't make decent progress on a well-constructed bodyweight routine.

its fun and it makes you fit. do you get big ? you can but its hard. do you look fit ? yes if you progress. at the end of the day not everyone wants to get big

Changing leverages isn't the same thing as making it harder. You don't use the same muscles in a normal push as a diamond push up. And still, there's just so much bodyweight exercises you can do, meanwhile the only things limited in free weights is the individual's ability to adapt

Even so, if you could provide an infinite amount of bodyweight exercises to allow for adaptation, there's two things still wrong with it
>the inability to accurately measure progress
>the inability to accurately and efficiently progressive overload

>free weights are obviously far superior
only for building mass or size.

no you pencil necked geek, superior for literally everything

athletes in sports that require strength lift weights

A lot of gymnasts are big and do minimal or no accessory work.

Bodyweight isn't optimal, in the sense that getting to huge status might take longer.

It's also not optimal in that you need a lot of volume and thus time in the gym to get that volume in.

So weightlifting is superior for looks from a time perspective.

But if you find bodyweight more fun, you're more likely to get to where you want to be eventually. And this matters a lot, if you have fun with something you'll be consistent at it.

Also, all the things you'll do as someone who trains bodyweight is more impressive and functional than what someone who does natty lifting gets to do (lift mediocre poundages in a limited selection of exercises where the load is moved in a linear path).

So pick what fits you. I would never be able to spend 3-5 hours in the gym consistently, this isn't a lifestyle for me, so I lift weights.

But I don't doubt other people both have fun and gains doing other things.

1/10 try again

>not doing bodyweight and lifting and cardio
>the absolute state of (((fit)))

they're also 5'0" and juiced to the gills

if you want to be big and strong stop trying to reinvent the wheel and lift weights because you A. don't want to invest anything into training or B. are afraid of going to the gym because everyone there blows you the fuck out physically

>meaninglessly burning calories
Idiot.

>A lot of gymnasts are big

and roided

>cardio
>meaninglessly burning calories

Jesus. I'm not that user but you are fucking King retard

Most of the guys you call big and strong are juiced to the gills too.
Espescially the so called miraculous power lifting/weight lifting transormations that are posted in CBT threads.

Face it.

A man who's physically active and does basic bodyweight will have a better body then some fucking loser who's probably a year and a half into his shitty strength training program.

Weight lifters and power lifters lift weights to get better at their sports. I don't know what else to tell you, man.

>the inability to accurately measure progress

You'll notice when you go from 1 pull to 10. Dumbass.

>the inability to accurately and efficiently progressive overload

Can you 1 arm pull up, handstand push up, planche push up or front lever row? Didnt think so now shut up dumbass.

rekt

Lifting is supplemental to bodyweight and actual real athletic activity.
The only time this isn't the case is in strength sports like strongman and in fake sports like powerlifting and bodybuilding.

There's a reason why every major winner of the olympic gold has their athletes start with calisthenics from a young age and continue to do calisthenics alongside their lifting.

>he cares about gains
Never gonna make it.

>brah you do cardio to build arm muscles brah
Opinion discarded.

yeah that's a no match for me

>everybody buffer than me roids

>1 pull to 10
My point is, if you change to wide grip pull ups from close grip in order to change the leverages, how do you measure the progress? How different is 5 wide grip pull ups from 10 normal pull ups?
In free weights, if I graduate from 135 bench to 140 bench, there exists exactly 5 lbs difference. How do you measure actual progress when you're just changing leverages?

>can you act like a fag and do faggy things?
Nope! But can you deadlift 3x bodyweight?
In order to efficiently progressive overload, you must keep the amount of reps below 12 and sets at or above 3

Well people does keep reps below 12 in calisthenics too numbnut

I started BW/rings training in January this year from DYEL status, have gained 15lb lean body mass and tons of strength. I keep a log of my daily (PPLPPLPPLnoX) routines. Train everything to failure, try to beat last rep numbers every set. Once I get to a certain number of reps, I'll start working on a more difficult variation.

Admittedly, I started training leg day at the gym so I don't have to do hundreds of squats/lunges/etc.

I've lifted in the past, and the feeling after a BW workout is something totally different than lifting, more of an effort exhaustion than a muscle pump.

Also only eat meat (zero carb). AMA

>tfw forgot about diamond push-ups and how i couldnt even do one.
>see if i can do 1 after weight training.
>busted out 20 no sweat.

Bodyweight, not even once.....

>15lb lean body mass
>started from January this year
Pick one.

Between 9 months, 7 days/wk training, newbie gains, and ~3lbs meat (beef, chicken, bacon) every day, I'm not sure why it seems so far-fetched.