Are my results on 2 months of SS consistent?

Are my results on 2 months of SS consistent?
OHP - 95 > 100 lbs
Bp - 135 >155 lbs
Deadlift - 165 > 235 lbs
Squat - 165 > 210 lbs

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrengthmirror.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program#How_much_weight_should_I_add_from_workout_to_workout.3F
aworkoutroutine.com/the-beginner-weight-training-workout-routine/
strongerbyscience.com/how-to-deadlift/
strongerbyscience.com/how-to-squat/
strongerbyscience.com/how-to-bench/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

they're awful. I don't think lifting is for you.

SS is not just the basics of the workout. you haven't read SS, you haven't followed SS.

startingstrengthmirror.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program#How_much_weight_should_I_add_from_workout_to_workout.3F

What would good progress in 2 months look like?
I am reading SS

Were you working out before SS? If not I'm miring your beginning stats but abscence of progress is weird.

Aren't you supposed to add 5lbs every session on SS?

Arr you thinking on developing upper body?

SS is not for begginers, its just a program to develop legs and strong back

Do PPL

it makes it very clear that you progress constantly. you can't put 5lb on your OHP in 2 months and have been following SS. the book tells you how much you should advance

btw this guy is retarded . as a beginner stick to full body 3x a week. SS is fine, something like this aworkoutroutine.com/the-beginner-weight-training-workout-routine/ is fine, but you get the basic idea

Fuck off retard.

YNDTP

1/2/3/4

if you dont get these in 2 months, just pick another hobby like rock collecting

I was a boxer and calisthenics bro who trained with extremely light weights and maximized TUT while eating probably only 2000 calories a day or so. When I started doing 3x5 , I found that those were my 5rms were I was able to perform good form. I'm eating 3500 calories a day on a paleo diet with lots of carbs.
I do add 5 lbs as much as possible. Though my lack of progress is a result of having to reset often as I find that I fail before 5 or end up with dangerous form with certain amounts of weights

Yes.

The reason why you haven't increased OHP/bench much is because SS's A-OHP/B-Bench format isn't giving you enough on either exercise to move it. To really move either you need to do them 3xweek as beginner. (And 5x5 isn't very good for them either.)

View SS as an preparatory program to get you used to lifting. IIRC from reading the book years ago you are supposed to change/add exercises to it at the 3 month mark.

If you like the 5x5 format google the 9 month Reg Park program and start from stage 2. It's a lot more work, but a serious bodybuilding program that will put muscle on you fast.

If you want strength, I would recommend doing the SS format but with ALL exercises. Day 1 is a max effort day with Squat/OHP/Row/Bench/Dead. Day 2 you use 80% of Monday's weight for 3x5. Day 3 you use 90% of Monday's weight for 3x5. (Google Bill Starr for this type of training.) On this style of training you'll find you progress just as fast past an absolute newb stage, it's better for recovery, and likely put on more muscle. It's sounds wrong but one max day with two moderate ones will move the dial no problem.

Sounds like you needed to just deload and start from lighter weights. If you stalled in less than 2 months it means you probably started too heavy.

Thank you, I really appreciate this response. I'm going to do SS for one more month to get my deadlift well ahead of my other lifts and then start the Bill Starr program with the intensity periodization you recommended. I'm used to training with a high volume of exercises for long periods of time (before I knew what I was doing, I used to do the 3 hour long advanced workouts in Schwarzenegger's bodybuilding book) and was even hesitant to do SS due to it's low volume, so being able to go back to a higher volume is great. Thank you again, this has been a great help for me

How much should I deload?

So its obligatory for a begginer to workout 3 days a week?

A begginer must do SS?

Of course not

Wtf is this shit, Arnold looks natty as fuck there

Its when he trained for conan. He took up running and swordfighting in place of weight training

why does arnold look so hungry

>guy squats 215 lbs
>"time to deload bro"

fucking no

time to eat more, time to make your weak ass body squat more with your will power, time to do accesspry exercises, time to do 20 rep sets, 5x3, 8x2 and things of that nature, time to start practicing yoga and working on your mobility, time to incorporate some conditioning, time to do anything other than lower that bitch weight down to nothing what the FUCK

>Though my lack of progress is a result of having to reset often as I find that I fail before 5 or end up with dangerous form with certain amounts of weights

>dudes form goes to shit
>cant do 5 reps
>"make your weak ass body do more with willpower"

Isn't that just egolifting that will get him injured?

Sounds like you have a fundamental form problem. Read these for your squat bench and deadlift.

strongerbyscience.com/how-to-deadlift/

strongerbyscience.com/how-to-squat/

strongerbyscience.com/how-to-bench/

>ppl
spotted the dyel

Thanks, I'm going to study these links religiously