Why nobody helped the byzantines in 1453? What were the christian kingdoms even doing back then?

Why nobody helped the byzantines in 1453? What were the christian kingdoms even doing back then?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Ottoman_alliance
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A lot of western kingdoms stood to gain from the fall of the Romuloi, at least in the short term.

>Why nobody helped the byzantines in 1453? What were the christian kingdoms even doing back then?
They were utterly walloped in an earlier battle with the Ottomans.

Said battle pretty much ended the culture of crusadering in Europe too.

The true question is why didn't tjey help the turks so they can participate in the plunder

Because gayreeks' unpaid denbts finally caught on to them.

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure the French were there too and suffered a shitload of losses, or was that some knightly order, not a proper king's men?

Many did, but most saw an opportunity in the power gap that would be left, however, they didn't anticipate that the Ottomans would fill it.

They didn't see the Ottomans as much of a threat. Not to mention that the Western kingdoms had their own problems to deal with.

Wtf I`m a white supremacist now

what

It was far more beneficial from an economical point of view to ally with the Ottomans

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Ottoman_alliance

>What were the christian kingdoms even doing back then?
Not being Orthodox

The image in the OP is not of the KKK. It’s the Catholics wearing a capirote during Holy Week in Spain.

t. ((Venitian))

Do you know how much territory ERE had left in 1453? You can't save something already dead.

>Sigismund
ginger bastard

Owae wa mao shinderu.

>caring about greeks larping as romans

>I'm pretty sure the French were there too
the french were the reason it failed when they fell for the ottoman feint and charged in anyway

pretty sure it was bait

>implying christian Europe was capable of standing up to the Turks at that point. The Ottomans were the greatest power in Europe in 1453 and helping Constantinople was beyond the abilities of even the combined Christian leaders

Still gloating over when crusaders destroyed Constantinople

Why would anyone commit sizable amounts of force to the other side of the continent to defend what by that point was a tiny enclave of heresy (from a catholic pov) surrounded by a strong heathen empire on all sides?
People on this board overestimate massively the importance of Costantinople to the west in general. Culturally it was a relic of romanity, sure, but cultural icons don't rate armies in 99% of cases.
Venice and Hungary had a strong interest in contaning the ottomans, but they had just finished fighting yet another round of war against the ottomans at that point, so they were too spent to bother. Everyone else just didn't have shits to give.

The Antonine Constitution literally gave them all Roman citizenship after centuries of intergration and synergy, you mong. The ERE never experienced the collapse of the West, so they had every right to retain the identity.

They weren't in any position to

>Small amount of German knights join a slavshit orthodox holy war
>Suddenly it's a crusade
Is this a joke?

i mean the vatican approved of vlad in his efforts

That's just a shitty crop, they are shown on the real article

Byzantines were notorious assholes and double-crossers.

Fuck them.

Because the byzantines had agreed to pay tribute to the sultan the emperor before so why help some fag who will roll over

Crusade of Varna was in 1444 too

The Genoese and Venetians did help

The Venetians had actually agreed to send a huge relief fleet, which of course never came

>which of course never came
It did came, but not in time. The fleet left late april, by the time it reached the city the siege was over.

>Poland
>Orthodox

So many fuckups in this story, it's unreal.

>Eastern Europe
>Not serf-ridden, despotic Orthodox shithole

Why nobody helped the granadines in 1492? What were the muslim kingdoms even doing back then?

Attached: 1920px-La_Rendición_de_Granada_-_Pradilla.jpg (1920x1230, 800K)

>frenchfags literally ignoring Sigismund and Mircea's good and experienced battle plans because "muh honor" and "i paid good money to get here. I need a good story for the guys back home, just like i saw in my french knightly animes"
Fuck their filthy souls.
>to defend what by that point was a tiny enclave of heresy (from a catholic pov) surrounded by a strong heathen empire on all sides?
Because:
a)it was schismatics, not heretics. And they kinda werent even that. The union at Florence was still fresh, and it looked like it might hold.
b)that city was holding the Dardanelles.
Without it, the turks would(and did) advance into Europe way more easily.

>i mean the vatican approved of vlad in his efforts
The Pope loved Vlad and his cousin, Stephen.

Its not

Such an american post

>when you get exposed as a retard so you double down on the retardation

Attached: image.png (640x454, 325K)

>ywn have a cute traditional waifu

because he converted right but the Germans didnt like him

al-andalus did a catalonia for longer than 8 seconds and balkanized itself after that, of course no one helped them

Attached: Bez tytułu.png (412x465, 188K)

I've always wondered why the Klan adopted a Catholic religious costume when they're an anti-Catholic organization.

Genoa and Venice did help. Hell the Genoese commander who was helping keep everyone working together died in the siege.

Nobody liked them. Byzantines were treacherous bastards. Everyone wanted to stop the turks though, but the turks simply prevailed.

Because they had already plundered Constantinople in the 4th crusade, which in hindsight was good because the stuff the Crusaders looted was preserved perfectly while the stuff the Turkroaches looted was melted to make arrowheads and cannons.

Attached: st-mark-basilica-bronze-horses-archangel-michael-715.jpg (715x400, 85K)

because by the time of 1453 the byzantines were abjectly and utterly corrupt, they sat on a cursed throne that blinded them to pragmatism and vigor, and was so self-absorbed in internal strife that even if they were saved by outside powers, they would not be able to maintain their gains. It would be unreliable to hope that a great byzantine emperor would ascend the throne and hold back the muslims, for the short term it was better to let them hold out the best they can, let them fall, begin to legitimize yourself as the true inheritor of rome once the last roman rump state had fallen, and let the turks sit on that cursed throne in constantinople.

FUCKING SERBS I SWEAR

they have no right to complain about kebab when they literally subverted every fucking christian attempt to defeat the ottomans

>serbs didnt let skanderbeg bring 10k+ albanian troops to the crusaders at varna

Attached: 1511229421736.jpg (960x960, 137K)

they also were confused that everyone got mad at them for slaughtering bosnians. serbs are actual smoothbrained knuckledraggers, I dunno why we let them have sovereignty

>This
The eternal Serb is the only reason the Balkans is the shithole it has been for the last century.

No one has mentioned as of yet that the Crusaders had utterly ruined the Byzantine empire by invading and establishing the utterly retarded and frankly malevolent 'Latin Empire.' It's pretty clear that they were jealous of Constantinople and the Byzantine status of being the true defenders of Christendom against the Muslims.

Attached: LatinEmpire.png (1715x848, 1.82M)

wh*Toids stood back since they knew they didn't stand a chance againts the TÜRK

The revenge of the Ostrogoths and Vandals. Get fucked byzanshits.

Attached: castilla.png (1630x1810, 1.31M)

>because he converted right
Debatable.
His cousin was the athlete of Christ, even while not being in communion.

really? the french made the majority of the soldiers?

Yeah but Venice didn’t send all their help because risk/reward economics

>not much of a threat
>when they keep on raiding Hungary

They also should have been vassals of the ottomans but no Constantine XIII decided he was /gsg/ REMOVE KEBAB XDDD

>heresy
20 or so years earlier the Greek Orthodox re-entered communion with the west, but then later broke because the Turks forced them to

>guy thinks he’s a crusader n SHIET
>papal legate says you will win all this glory by removing the enemies of Christ by charging now

This, they’re basically the same

I thought Serbs were kebab removers
what happened

They trusted ((Venetians))

many reasons to be happy :))

Attached: CASTILLA PATRIA QUERIDA.png (1630x1810, 1.5M)

Cannons>shitty statues

1. the Ottomans were a massive force probably the strongest single power in Europe at the time
2. it was sort of felt the Byzantines could come back from whatever.
3. muh east-west split
4. many Europeans did go to defend Constantinople

ump