The stronger I get, the weaker I feel. I'll hit a new PR...

The stronger I get, the weaker I feel. I'll hit a new PR, then get instantly reminded that by PR is barely part of other people's warm ups. I hit 225x3 today, which for me is strong, but in gym culture it's absolutely weak as shit. There's dudes in my gym that slam out 315 for 10-12 reps, and not just one dude, like 5 or 6 guys I see multiple times a week. There's one dude that hit 445x5 yesterday, and I'm just thinking, I can't even deadlift that. I don't even have the desire to deadlift that heavy, it's not even a goal right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=GJM88_YFLS0

Skip passed the faggot and go to the 5-6 minute mark. Larry Wheels pushes up 4-5 plates like the weights are inflatable. That weight would literally kill me, I can't move 5 plates in any of my lifts.

I know he's blasting roids like any other powerlifter, but how do you guys cope with the fact there are men that are and will always be infinitely stronger than you in your favorite hobby? I could lift for years, and I don't expect my natty limit to take me passed a 315x1-2 rep bench in my lifetime. Then there's people who hit that for like 20 reps out there in the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HW5QPjfJ7Vo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QdTc2Gv52uI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you might as well ask how you can live knowing people make more money than you, are taller than you, have better cars then you, slept with more girls than you, can run a mile faster than you, can suck dick better than you, etc.

You answered your own question. It's a hobby, you do it for fun not to compete. As long as you enjoy lifting and like you said you are getting PRs what is the difference, they might have been training 10+ years for all you know dude.

This. There will always be people that make more money, have better jobs, lift more weight, driver better cars, live in better houses, had better breaks, worked harder than you, are better at your job than you, are smarter than you, have better/higher degrees than you, have bigger dicks than you, look better than you, have a better looking and/or more loving wife than you, etc.

All you can do is try your absolute best and succeed based on your own standards. Are you stronger than you were last year? Do you make more money than last year? Did you upgrade your car/home in the past 5 years? Did you get a higher level of education in the past few years? If the answer to any of these is yes, then you're on your way. Just keep at it.

About 50% of posts on Veeky Forums are asking those things

>Can only dead lift 40kg

How the fuck am I ever gonna break 100!?

Why the fuck are you comparing yourself to Larry Wheels?

youtube.com/watch?v=HW5QPjfJ7Vo

>Comparing yourself to others

Don't. Just stop. This is the easiest way to sabotage yourself and lose motivation.

Think about it this way. You crave other people's results, but they will never know this unless you go up to them and congratulate them, which is rare. Just as other people crave the results you have but you will never know this either.

as long as im becoming stronger than my past self i dont give a fuck about some fatties who claim to have hit 1234 in 1 month of doing starting strength

Holy fuck that guy is a fucking machine. That explosive power was amazing. Great physique too. AND he's only 22 ? what the fuck. mirin'

Gotta be fake weights. Not even roidheads can do 2 reps with 230kg

I used to be you bro, now I'm deadlifting 80kg

Keep pushing

>tfw know all my oldschool friends crave my results
>tfw i don't care how they feel about me because in my eyes they're all unfit inactive fucking losers with dead end lives

Larry Wheels is a genetic freak, has been lifting for a long time, and is on all the juice. Dude is one of the strongest people on the planet, don't worry about not being at his level. Chill the fuck out, get a little better every day, you're fine.

hahahaha dude better find a more substantial reason to live right quick

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QdTc2Gv52uI

But that is just a tiny minority, not everybody can do 225

you spend too much time concerned about other people.

you are further than you were yesterday. which is all you can really hope for in life.

I don't know what you think you know, but 2 months ago I watched a huge dude at my gym I had never seen before do an effortless bench double of 495lbs with no leg drive or arch.

>old friends unironically comment on your "big arms"
>in your mind you're tiny (because honestly you are)
>either think they're joking or find them pathetic for thinking you're big

how the fuck do you use leg drive on a bench

OP pic is a really nice squat. thanks for the motivation to get back under the bar

and the fact you care so much about other people and their progress shows your true neurotic mindset.

also ps does he have a cucumber in his shorts?

you will never make it if you stay neurotic

You arch, drive your heels into the floor, it makes it so you're pushing into the bench, the floor and the barbell and you can move more weight.

>how can you live knowing people are taller than you
Barely

Jokes on you, I hold the C&J WR.
Nobody is stronger than me.

;-)

>can suck dick better than you

Bullshit, I believe in you OP

I used to be you guys. At 112.5 now.
We're gonna make it Bros. Just watch out for back tweaks

I was all of you, now I am at 140kg, keep lifting

Tbh, it's just like what ever one says, meet your goals and know you did more work and shit than half of country does in a week. For me, I'm strong but for my weight I know I'm around novice level lifts. If you were to see my snapchat, it's just PR's, lifting, or some other shit. As long as you're happy with what you got, that's all that matters.

It's not enough to be stronger than half the country, or 80% of the country even. I have to be stronger than the majority of any respectable gym. Nobody remembers the guy that was in the top 20%.

>The stronger I get, the weaker I feel

>lift new PR
>thought it was going to be harder than that

Just lift. Comparing to others is shot. Be yourself, grow yourself. Make you better. Only look to others to I spire and gain confidence. Never look across and measure yourself by another man's works.

99.9999% of population doesn't care who the strongest lifter in a respectable gym is. You're chasing "fame" that doesn't even exist. Gym is great, but there's a whole rest of the world outside it.

Can eat more hot dogs than you, can grout tile faster than you, can fast miter loudly than you, have more capacity in their refrigerator than you, have neater hand writing than you, can recite more elements of the periodic table than you, can imitate a duck better than you

>>either think they're joking or find them pathetic for thinking you're big
i hate this one, when my friends act like my 15inch arms are huge i cant tell if they are laughing at me or just so weak and pathetic that they ironically find me impressive.

I used to be a beginner like you then I took an arrow to the knee and I can't deadlift at all

>can imitate a duck better than you
I didn't need this feel

I was in all of you, i'm pushing over 500 now

feel good desu

what is body dysmorphia??

see you on roids

so what OP are you going to quit now, you little bitch? Use those feelings as a feel. Look at others as role models, something to aspire to, someone to best. That's what men do. Women look at better than themselves and make excuses why they can't be like it. Men look at men better than themselves and see something to strive for.

>Use those feelings as a feel
fuel*
fuck

I'm aroused by his perfect form

We must imagine Sisyphus happy

i recently hit 80 too, congrats brother