Did I fuck up?

Did I fuck up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kaBXEW4nimw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, but only because I know where to find you.

The shilling on this board is unreal

For pizza, no
For making it, oh you bet your sweet minority ass

Not if you're a really fucking fat person or a really fucking skinny person who is poor/lazy/has no other options. Don't stay for more than 3 months, they only have smith machines and no free weights other than light dumbbells. Also, go late at night to avoid retards and NEVER, EVER go on pizza night

Enjoy your lunk alarm and free donuts.

When i looked at the thumbnail it looked like it said
>White privilige ny

tfw powerlifter
tfw having planet fitness which is next to my actual gym membership is so cheap its actually more profitable for me as I have free piza and donuts to eat whenever im hungry

>White Plains
do you know /ourguy/? P sure he said in some vid he works out in White Plains
youtube.com/watch?v=kaBXEW4nimw

My girlfriend has a membership there and its honestly not horrible.

If you aren't looking to get into powerlifting and just want to be in decent shape then its perfectly fine.

8/10 bretty good

Hey man at least you're lifting.
I heard a bunch of exercises are banned tho, like deadlifts. Is this true?

>2pl8 dl is powerlifting

knowing that theirs security and coaches cant do shit as they dont even train ppl

what happens when they tell you to leave and you tell them to fuck off

you are then considered to be trespassing and the police are called

and if you have membership?

>Did I fuck up?
No. Planet Fitness is fine for most people that are starting out. It's cheap, big so you never have to wait, and has good hours (usually 24/7 most days of the week)

The negatives are minor and nitpicky, but the biggest one is that if you already really know what you're doing, and hate working out around casuals, you'll get annoyed very quickly. But it doesn't sound like you're in that boat.

>h-hang on I gotta finish this set

they still make you leave lol, you were given that membership because you agreed to the terms and conditions they laid out for you when you first signed up.

How accurate is this? Tgis user sounds like he's not shitoosting

it's fine, by and large this board hates it because they bring pizza on Fridays and can't stand anyone who can't lift as much as they do.

Don't eat the pizza (or do, I don't fucking care) and don't pay any attention to the people around you.

I dont think so. I go to a real gym across town to lift but if I just want to do some cardio at odd times I go to PF which is a block from my house

My friend goes to a planet fitness and says that this particular one has lots of weights and some squat racks. I would question if he knows what a squat rack is but he used to work in a gym. So ymmv.

Do they have barbells at planet fitness?

>Did I fuck up?
If yiu want to lift and get good at it, yeah. You fucked up. Esoecially since they have an absurd $68 cancellation fee so now you're stuck there.

But if you just want to get in great shape and learn how to work out in general, you're fine. And honestly you should know this because the way they advertise straight up tells people they are not a super pumping iron no casuals alowed gym.

>Do they have barbells at planet fitness?
Yes. They have everything, but the main focus is on machines. It's definitely a starter-gym, but it's a good one.

Honestly it's a decent gym for the price. dont listen to the fat powerlifters. If you want to be in shape and get a nice toned body this should be enough

No

this, it's clean, it's cheap, and the hours are good.

The hidden fees are rediculous.

You sound like the archetypal powerlifter.

>The hidden fees are rediculous.
This is true, although you can easily avoid all of them.
Bring your own water bottle, towel, and earbuds in a gym bag/backpack. The only thing if theirs you should be using is the machines, the free weights, and the door

On second thought my friend who goes to PF must not know what a squat rack is. There's a 360 walk-through on Google and I can't find any racks. All I could find was smith machines and dumbbell racks surrounded by manlet curlbros.

>pizza night
>at a gym
It's like giving away free heroin at rehab.

Calories in calories out

Oh come on, a piece of pizza on a Friday won't fuck up your whole week if you're actually trying.

And if it's really that big of a deal, just don't eat it, who cares what the other people are up to.

Fat people and their fat people food are disgusting. All fat people should be sterlized.
Those fatties can't outrun those calories.

>All fat people should be steralized
Good luck ever getting a conservative government elected again

Oh. You're still that caught up in what other people are doing.

Thank god school starts soon lol.

Your first 2-3 weeks on a diet you should be adhering to a strict schedule, no cheat days at all.
When people start their diet and go to Planet Fitness they're going to get pressured to eat pizza, say to themselves "I've been good, I can have a slice :)" and then get cravings and break their diet.

Yeah, this only effect the weak-minded, but looking at the obesity rate most Americans are weak-willed. It's still a warning anyone planning on starting at Planet Fitness should be aware of.

what you said literally has nothing to do with my post.

they dont have pizza all the time dipshit

As far as casual gyms go:
1. Gold's Gym
2. LA Fitness
3. Anytime Fitness
4. Planet Fitness

Anything other than these four and it's not worth it. Planet Fitness is the bare minimum. It's serviceable, but as always a lifting gym is always superior. But absolutely take it over something like a "Curve".

Now we know where to meet you user. We live you. Im so thankful i live near you ill be in the red shirt

found the fatty. STOP EATING PIZZA

Yeah but thats just because fucking no one does them right and they always slam the weights down and it breaks the pl8s and busts the floorboards

So long as it's got free weights I'll work out in a fucking walmart if I have to.
But gyms with machines only are a meme and you'll never get better.
If PF has free weights, who fucking cares how many fatties go to it.

>Planet Fitness is better than 24 hour fitness
>and Equinox

Sweet rankings, red lights.

I've had a membership there for over a year. Lifts going up fine. Biggest plus I can see is there's a surprising amount of college aged, pretty girls there. It's casual enough to not scare them off I guess. I've never been to a power lifting gym but I'm assuming it's mostly guys.

My local Dick's has a pretty nice gym set up. I wonder if they'll notice you "trying out" the equipment a few times a week.

It is. It's bigger and is 24 hours 5 days of the week

No

>just got a planet Fittness membership
>was really hype because me and my friend split the cost of my membership and were going to be each other's trainers
>see this thread

Well... Looks like I wasted money and time. What are the hidden fee btw? I wanted to us the hydro bed and light shower

If you stay there for a year you'll get charged $30
This is only yearly, though, they don't increase the monthly's.
You might as well stick out the month and see how far you get.

White plains is pretty diverse these days i mean its only like 30 mins to grand central on the express train. I live ineastern brooklyn and it takes me longer to get to midtown

This thread really demotivated me. I was so ready. I mean, at the very least, Im doing some energetic. So that's better for me then sitting at home at the very least. But fuck man.

don't. My town has a Salvation Army Kroc center, the only people lifting in there were fat people and Mexicans. I got swole as fuck in that gym. Better to lift in a shitty environment than to not lift at all.

No. You found a place to start. You're going to outgrow PF quickly

as much as we shit on PF it's better than nothing. sure theres no deadlift platform and all the squat racks are smith machines and the dumbells only go up to 60 but it could be a lot worse. just give it a try for a month or 2 until you can move onto a better gym.

Its open 24 hours and cheap so i mean hey could be worse

This

Is it possible to get toned/light muscle in a place like Planet Fittness? If so... That's enough for me for now...

you can do that by putting down the fork and doing some pushups, why'd you join a gym if your goal isn't to build muscle?

The massage bed

Not really. You have gym access that's moderately inexpensive.

Don't actually fall for the PF memes.
Well, aside from the fact that their business model relies on paying members who don't actually come in regularly, or the fact that you probably can't do any meme lifts because they don't want to be liable for your fuck-ups.
Other than that it's just a gym.

If you cared, you would have actually forked over the money to go to a different gym, or started investing in home equipment. You get what you pay for.

Not a bad plan user.

No. Workout, and if you outgrow pf, you outgrow it and find a better equipped gym. pf is perfectly fine as a start or supplement gym. I'm going to join this fall just so I can do cardio at nights (I work til midnight, and my gym closes at 10), maybe do more "eccentric" lifts and get skin cancer. (Tanning bed)

It's all good user.

>this thread
Fake news. Planet Fitness is perfectly fine as a "first gym", especially if you live in a city apartment and it's in walking distance.
No, it's not the ideal place to get fucking huge at, but chances are at your stage you just want to start working out and get lean, in which case it's perfect. Stay there as long as you need to until you're comfortable with your fitness level and look.

Does anyone else call that place "Planet Fatness"? I call that place "Planet Fatness".

The dbs go up to 75 in most pfs and who the fuck here can actually max a curl on 60 without leaning?

don't do a tanning bed man, there's no reason to give yourself more cancer for no reason

68 bucks doesn't sound too bad. My gym has a 500 dollar cancellation fee

Fat people are a hazard to national security. How would we enforce a draft properly if we have to spend more months than every other country just to get our citizens to not be fat lards. Also they are a financial strain to our healthcare system.

Y-y-you do realize that dumbbells aren't just for curls ..right user..?

Better than nothing

yes

Enjoy your no-gains. But the no suppersetting rule is patrician

Mine i used to go to didnt have barbells or a squat rack, and only had dumbells up to 70 lbs.

Reminder that the archetypal competitive powerlifter is leaner, stronger, faster and more aesthetic than you'll ever be unless they're in the circus fat man weight class. Even natties like Candito surpass you in every way.

They don't even have barbells mate.

>no barbells
>minor
Nigga what

I've been inside multiple PF and have never seen a single barbell. Not sure where you've been.

Planet Fatass