/plg/ - powerlifting general

How does it feel that I can bench more than all of you weak power f*gs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sKs2RLyHkME
docs.google.com/document/d/1S1-pJZAdCkdDUk5-VZU7y_Tn98fVNW2384x-PauBRrw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1hirQtc1NpF84ElnW2UeOjcNvYCZzNVU_cE7oZlOzjVk/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you back to plg Filip?

Last thread isn't even autosaging yet you colossal autist

2th for I should probably take a little more time off before maxing my deadlift again but I'm doing it this weekend anyways

>Copy pasting from previous thread:

Wasn't there an /owg/ thread for Olympic Weightlifting General? Since it doesn't seem to exist, I'll ask you:

I've read the SS book but some dude bros on Veeky Forums convinced me that volume is good and I should start with 5x5 instead of 3x5.

But Power Cleans are 5x3 instead. Should I do 5x5 of these to begin with, and then switch to 5x3 after 3 deloads?

you should a) follow the program as written in the book; and b) not ask for/listen to advice given on Veeky Forums

and c) step playing HS its gay. play yugioh instead. shits lit f am

witcher card game instead

lol nerd. play yugioh or he a yugi-ho

That OP pic is fucking unsettling. Dunno why.

Also,
>couldn't sleep last night, kept thinking about how to automate BTC day trading for some weird reason
>had to write it down and do some rough estimations of my plan before I could sleep
>forgot that transaction fees and capital gains tax exist until I woke up this morning
>set up the API today, but Coinbase won't activate it for 48h

What a disappointing morning. Oh well. It'll still be interesting to get the data and see what kind of input I'd need to actually make some money short-term. I might even get to use some of the stuff I learned in my optimization class.

Anyway, back on topic:

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

I mean, the program says to Squat heavy with spotters on either side of you. Can't do everything to the dot.

The dude bros said 5x5 is better to practice the form a bit for newfags. The SL program starts at 5x5 and switches to 3x5 after, so that's what I wanted to do.

And I'll stop playing Hearthstone when Artifact comes out. Finally a non-p2w card game.

whether or not you have spotters isnt part of the program, its just a meaningless suggestion from rip. if you start making changes to the sets/reps youre literally not doing the program anymore. rip knows what hes doing, listen to him. if you want to practice form do plenty of warm up sets

and HS is gay and youre a gay nerd

Do you want to get into weightlifting, powerlifting, strictly 'sthetics, what? Have you ever lifted at all really?

'stethics, but not strictly. I'd say strength, for now.

I'll go through SS and will be able to evaluate better at the end of it.

I've heard of Madcow, Texas Method, 5/3/1 for when I become "intermediate".

>WAWTT
second day of Hepburn very sweaty and last set of diddly was pretty slow
>WAWET
3 pounds of lean ground beef and yogurt
>WAWLTT
sabaton
>inb4 faggot
>WAWFT
stress I see if i can tryout for my unis powerlifting team soon probably going to choke

That's a lot of ground beef.

Sabaton was one of my favorite bands before they broke up. Haven't really listened to any of their new stuff, though.

I would run SS as is with the one exception of doing bench twice a week always. Feel free to toss in a few sets of dips, hypers, ham curls, arms, whatever too.

Why can't I sleep anymore lads? This week alone I've had 3 all nighters, slept 3 hours last night, and I believe I've slept less than 12 hours over the course of the past 3 days, ultimately leaving me with about one days worth of sleep over the entire week.

This problem has been going on for a while now but over the course of the past few weeks has rapidly increased.

I am starting to feel a very strong disconnect to myself and the world around me and I am afraid damage is being done to my brain.

However, my lifts have been going up, so that's nice.

In terms of stimulants I do occasionally have 1 cup of coffee before doing intense exercise, but never more than 1 cup that day.
Most days I don't have coffee at all though.
(This was worth mentioning, I don't drink anything else but water)

You guys probably don't know, but neither do I, so I'm a little stumped.

My guy I seriously doubt you need >300g protein a day

Ask Fil. Or a doctor. I would be somewhat hesitant to hop right on drugs for it tho but it's your life and I also don't want to come across as saying pharmacology is an evil science or anything either.

> WAWTT
4 Deadlift singles ending @9
Pause squats 4x2

Do you know how to contact Filip? I like fil.

IG?

>WAWTT
Rest day but pic related is tomorrow for bench and squat

>WAWET
Some sushi and Greek yogurt

>WAWLTT
Nothing really

>WAWFT
Just tired, keep waking up way too early

>Try out for powerlifting team soon
Ayyy me too. Good luck man

I was doing dislocates with a pvc pipe and i hurt my shoulder, now when i do anything with shoulder flection; "ohp and pullups. it hurts around my anterior delt, what do?

Likely non serious, give it rest please.

How do I stop the animals crawling in my skin

I like their older stuff
It was on sale and I did not finish it
good luck. probably lots of competition at 93 weight class I should have kept bulking

>WAWTT
Close grip bench, JM Press, rows and some overhead press, oh and I even had time for curls.

Very comfy, very nice.

>WAWETT
Had McDonalds breakfast and it was pretty good

>WAWLTT
Post Malone

>WAWFT
Disconnect

Can someone drop a list of routines to get stronger but also bigger for my noob lifts?

I am at the point of weekly progression right now

1rms
front squat 100kg
bench 85kg
deadlift 150kg
ohp 60kg

80kg bw

ss for bench
ss for deadlift
what is back squat

I miss hepburn, that program did wonders for my shoulder health and lifts

Why do you say it helped your shoulder health?
What in particular?

I have quite healthy shoulders I think and would like to steal some tips n' tricks

When I was about four or five my parents gave me cough syrup with codeine and I tripped fucking sack, I totally felt/saw little fuzzy bug guys crawling up my legs, coming out of wall sockets, it was fucked, even closing my eyes didn't get rid of them. Next day my dad had fire going in the fireplace and a giant fucking fireball shot out over my head.

I would have occasional soreness in my shoulders, always felt pretty tight with a couple days between similar lifts. Changing my pressing frequency to 4x/wk helped them feel a lot better.

Have you tried very light, high rep btn presses?

These have really helped my shoulder mobility. At first I got sore rotator cuffs, now after doing them for however many months, my shoulders feel very healthy.

I'm no expert lifter though so take what I say as gospel

>mfw must eat between 4000 and 5000 calories daily

eating sucks

me obv

You're going to get fat.

Haven't but shoulders have been good since. I'll keep it in mind if it pops up again.

rebekah is mine

>Fighting over a 4-5/10
Mfw

Okay manlet.

4500-5000 definitely seems excessive to me unless he's very physically active

you can have her

If you ate 4500+ you'd get fat too.

supermang

My maintenance is close to 4000, last year I was working 60 hour weeks and eating 4500-5000 and was gaining weight at about .3lbs/week.

that picture is like 4-5 years old niBBa

have you seen my fucking program?

ok maybe 3 years

M
A
G
N
U
S
S
O R T M A Y E R
N

what type of work, physical labor of some kind?

my maintenance was ~3800 doing sheiko meme but other than that i just sat on my ass all day (6'4")

>tfw lanklet

Am I doomed to suck at powerlifting?

I'm 195 cm, bw is around 114 kg. 200 cm wingspan.

I totalled 678 kg @ 128 kg in April. I cut to 111 kg, now I'm 114 kg and my strength is still decent. Probably around a 612 kg total.

Will I make it /plg/?

isnt this interview

a d o r a b l e

youtube.com/watch?v=sKs2RLyHkME

>tfw panzer is gonna become 100% bf

>tfw Panzer becomes a superheavy and only C&Js 120

I was standing or walking for 10 hours a day 6 days a week. I'm 6'2" and was about 210lbs at the time. It was horrible having to eat so much.

how many times did you get off to this?

I just want to know

ok she has a cute voice Ill admit that

You re ran PM right? How'd it go and did you make any changes? I'm thinking about doing it again in a couple weeks

I ran the higher intensity lower volume one. I added daily pulling for the first half, until the second set of 6x10's, ab work on deadlift days and reverse hyperextensions on squat days throughout Overall it went well, but I think the higher volume lower intensity one is more my speed.

how many times have you made lil panzerbabbies for her?

out of curiosity

I ran the high intensity one first time around. I think I'll give the higher volume one a shot, any chance you have the Google doc of it?

You sure it wasn't dxm and not codeine? Codeine is an opioid, but people who abuse dxm say they see spiders.

Here's both!

Group 1, low volume, high intensity -docs.google.com/document/d/1S1-pJZAdCkdDUk5-VZU7y_Tn98fVNW2384x-PauBRrw/edit?usp=sharing

Group 2, high volume, lower intensity - docs.google.com/document/d/1hirQtc1NpF84ElnW2UeOjcNvYCZzNVU_cE7oZlOzjVk/edit?usp=sharing

It was codeine, yeah

I guess it has different affects on little kids.

Good shit, thanks

I-is it ok if my parents/family come cheer up for me at a powerlifting meet?

Of course, wish my dad could have been at mine :(

I hope they help you push hard, go 9/9 and break your old PRs. Maybe you can audibly fart on the vein popping 3rd DL attempt to have a hearty funny story to pass around at family gatherings. Sleep early and good luck!

How autistic do you have to be to ask if that's fine? Why would anyone care if your parents cheer you on? Have you literally never played a sport

thjs is a no bully zone!

No, its a bully zone. Don't make me shove you in a locker nerd.

First reply = Best Reply

SS+GOMAD
Texas Method

Do low bar back squats

>blocks your path

Go away raffy. You aren't wanted

> Blocks your path

Beat me to it.

>BTC day trading

just do the opposite of what Veeky Forums suggests, it is how I managed to quadruple all my crypto investments.

>capital gains tax
this is going to be extremely painful for me next year

Kek

>tfw high-schoolers/frat boys always get in my way
what the FUCK
They never move aside in pathways and stand really close to me when I'm doing a set

Does this happen to anyone else?
Really.makes.me.want.to.curbstomp

This friday is my last workout before having to travel for 3 weeks.

Should i attempt a 1rm deadlift or should i just stick to normal program day?

Also, is there anything i can do during these 3 weeks of forced no-workout considering that i will have access to no equipment whatsoever, not to lose all my GainzZz ?

Wasn't Marcel going to work in an investment bank

Are you Marcel?

Only second day of Hepburn and some sets are already moving slow? You are so fucked

Eat a lot

Welp lads, just did my first day of coan-phillipi deadlift program and fuck did I drop sweat and smelled really bad

Weight was not heavy but week four I can tell is going to be fucking killer holy shit.
>98% current max for a dub
Hopefully by week four I'll be stronger and can actually do that shit without failing

>trying out for powerlifting
I don't understand. Does your school actually fund the team? Seems like a poor use of funds since it isn't a sport. My uni has it as a club open to all and dues/fundraising helps pay for trips.

>uni
>poor use of funds

No such thing. Unis will throw money at any club regardless of how legitimate it is. Might as well get the most out of your tuition.

>1st year that pl club is established
>ask for a few hundred to buy stuff for the gym that us and literally everyone will have access to
>school says fuck off and gives a fat grand to kendo club so they can buy traditional gis
>pl club members and an alum buy a gym off campus and outfit it with calibrated plates
>$35 a month and 24hr access
That sure showed them!

Well throw SOME money at a club. There are still limits and favouritism exists.

My diet is too lean. What's 1 food I can eat as a snack that will get my fat levels up

Any nut.

Lmao telling a guy to do Texas Method, your trolling never stops being stupid as fuck.

>First reply = Best Reply
Ive told you several times not to respond to my posts you annoying twat

just shat out a Norman Khan, was one log but broke open so it made into 4 pieces of smelly pajeet shit

OH here comes another one

Plooooop plop!

Two, two more! And a third! Feels like a big fourth one is coming

Ah yes here.... it... is... brrrsppffft plop!

who miss trappy?

i tried lowbar for the first time it felt very uncomfortable on the rear delts how do you guys maintain this posture without the bar rollig off your back and snapping your arms

lmao Alan Thrall compared his total of reps and intensity average for week for bench press/ohp of 5/3/1 from last year and week on that ss stuff hes on

5/3/1 - 40 reps and like 66% intensity

SS - 154 reps and like 77% intensity

5/3/1 a fucking meme